Russian Trolls Farms and unwitting Conservative marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Derp

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2017
Leaked: Secret Documents From Russia’s Election Trolls

After completing its recon, a key tactic of the troll farm was to present its offerings as authentically American. They stole actual Americans’ identities and established false cover identities online. A consistent approach was to posture as supporters of passionate causes. But those causes varied wildly across the political spectrum. Some Internet Research Agency-created accounts pretended to be Muslim groups, others anti-Muslim activists. They were advocates of black liberation on one hand and its most fervent American critics on the other—whatever was necessary to aggravate long-standing and very real American divisions.

Social media—particularly YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter—magnified the troll farm’s reach. The money flowing into the Internet Research Agency’s coffers paid for a graphics department, data analytics, and other tools to improve their product, and they tailored their English-language propaganda to show up prominently in Google searches. One employee bragged: “I created all these pictures and posts, and the Americans believed that it was written by their people.”​

Sounds like a lot of the right-wing posters on the USMB are these fake profiles and fake Americans. I can think of several USMB posters who fall in that category.

Feb 17:
"It turns our the U.S. Department of Justice believes there were thirteen of them," Zakharova wrote. "Thirteen individuals interfering in the U.S. election? Thirteen individuals versus the budgets of the security agencies that are measured in billions of dollars? Versus the intelligence, counterintelligence and top-notch technologies? Isn't it absurd? Well, that's the US political reality nowadays, you know."
Russian Foreign Ministry dismisses US charges with election meddling as absurdity

The Guardian:
A small office of Russian trolls could derail 241 years of US political history with a handful of dank memes and an advertising budget that would barely buy you a billboard in Brooklyn.
Silicon Valley helped Russia sway the US election. So now what? | Emily Bell

:laugh:

• Banned
Feb 17

"It turns our the U.S. Department of Justice believes there were thirteen of them," Zakharova wrote. "Thirteen individuals interfering in the U.S. election? Thirteen individuals versus the budgets of the security agencies that are measured in billions of dollars? Versus the intelligence, counterintelligence and top-notch technologies? Isn't it absurd? Well, that's the US political reality nowadays, you know."
Russian Foreign Ministry dismisses US charges with election meddling as absurdity

:laugh:

The thirteen individuals indicted were the ones masterminding it; of course they had hundreds of subordinates who were acting on those orders. Russia is trying to pretend that their IRA only had 13 people in it. Sophistry at its finest.

How the hell did we "unwittingly" win the 2016 election? :lmao:

After completing its recon, a key tactic of the troll farm was to present its offerings as authentically American. They stole actual Americans’ identities and established false cover identities online. A consistent approach was to posture as supporters of passionate causes. But those causes varied wildly across the political spectrum. Some Internet Research Agency-created accounts pretended to be Muslim groups, others anti-Muslim activists. They were advocates of black liberation on one hand and its most fervent American critics on the other—whatever was necessary to aggravate long-standing and very real American divisions.

Social media—particularly YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter—magnified the troll farm’s reach. The money flowing into the Internet Research Agency’s coffers paid for a graphics department, data analytics, and other tools to improve their product, and they tailored their English-language propaganda to show up prominently in Google searches. One employee bragged: “I created all these pictures and posts, and the Americans believed that it was written by their people.”​

Sounds like a lot of the right-wing posters on the USMB are these fake profiles and fake Americans. I can think of several USMB posters who fall in that category.

I can think of you that fits that category. :dunno:

It's almost as if English is not your primary language.

• Banned
I can think of you that fits that category.

So here's a perfect example of a non-English speaker posing as an American on message boards.

This sentence is so grammatically incorrect the only way you could get it is if you go through a Russian-to-English translating program.

It's almost as if English is not your primary language.

"I can think of you that fits that category." - obviously English isn't your native language.

• Banned
To prove they're not Russian trolls, Conservatives post sentences with grammatical errors that would only occur if you did a literal translation through an internet translating program.

Sounds like you are no smarter than you were yesterday.

Sounds like you are no smarter than you were yesterday.

I have no doubt this pattern will continue.

You couldn't fuck your own fist.

You ran away like a coward. Obviously not like someone brave enough to confront a shooter. You aren't even brave enough to confront people on the internet.

The irony of you putting this on the right is off the charts.

The Russians stated goals were to sow distrust among the American people about our political system.
Which side is constantly protesting, marching, crying daily on tv, running around in pussy hat's?

THE LEFT

The LEFT are aiding the Russians in their stated goal and many of them know it but don't care. In fact your goals are not all that dissimilar from Russia's. Fundamentally transform America....

Scumbag

^According to the post above me, Russian trolls have succeeded more than was thought.

Y U no accept Trump is now president and move on?

Not you, Grandpa, the ones with TDS..Trump Derangement Syndrome.

The Derp

Where you from, fucknut?

My family's been in America since before it was a country, boy.

Furthermore, none of my family fought in the American Revolution. It didn't make its way here.

Guess where I'm from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back