Russia's sanctions against Turkey

It never works out well for the Russian people when Putin bans imported goods.

What a dumb shit.

In addition to whatever economic sanctions Putin can muster against turkey, he can also deny the Turkish Air Force the very airspace they call home with his recent deployment of ground to air missles in Syria. He's in charge now, if he so chooses.
How will Russian ships and the Russian Navy get to Syria or anywhere else in the Med without approval from Turkey?

Dont be silly.
Asking questions like that suggests a level of ignorance on your part that will require years to overcome
Maybe he thinks the entire Russian navy is stationed in the Black Sea and can't get into the Mediterranean without Turk approval.

In addition to whatever economic sanctions Putin can muster against turkey, he can also deny the Turkish Air Force the very airspace they call home with his recent deployment of ground to air missles in Syria. He's in charge now, if he so chooses.
How will Russian ships and the Russian Navy get to Syria or anywhere else in the Med without approval from Turkey?

Dont be silly.
Asking questions like that suggests a level of ignorance on your part that will require years to overcome
Maybe he thinks the entire Russian navy is stationed in the Black Sea and can't get into the Mediterranean without Turk approval.
I've been to Kaliningrad, so I know the answer. It's a long haul from Kaliningrad to Tartus.

Dont be silly.
I've been to Kaliningrad, so I know the answer. It's a long haul from Kaliningrad to Tartus.
Then why did you post stupidity?

China posted a ship off Syria...it is a long haul from China.

Dont be silly.

China is not shipping huge amounts of weapons and ordinance to Syria, Russia is. The Russian cheerleaders here like to boast but are often very uninformed about the reality of the situations they lecture on. You jump on a version of a story, especially when it is pro-Putin propaganda and stick to that agenda no matter what.
By the way, what ship do you think China has posted off the coast of Syria?

dailysabah.com/diplomacy/2015/12/03/iraqi-kurds-refute-russias-claims-on-turkey-daesh-oil-trade-say-tankers-belong-to-krg

Dont be silly.

China is not shipping huge amounts of weapons and ordinance to Syria, Russia is. The Russian cheerleaders here like to boast but are often very uninformed about the reality of the situations they lecture on. You jump on a version of a story, especially when it is pro-Putin propaganda and stick to that agenda no matter what.

dailysabah.com/diplomacy/2015/12/03/iraqi-kurds-refute-russias-claims-on-turkey-daesh-oil-trade-say-tankers-belong-to-krg

Don't be silly. Nobody is supporting Putin that I can tell. And if Putin has evidence that our allies over in the Middle East are supporting Isis, such as turkey, I say lets give Putin a chance to present his case.

Dont be silly.

Don't be silly. Nobody is supporting Putin that I can tell. And if Putin has evidence that our allies over in the Middle East are supporting Isis, such as turkey, I say lets give Putin a chance to present his case.
Read your own post. You claim nobody is supporting Putin and in the next sentence you give him support as if he can be trusted and believed.

Dont be silly.

Read your own post. You claim nobody is supporting Putin and in the next sentence you give him support as if he can be trusted and believed.

Allowing Putin the opportunity to present his evidence to support his claim that one of our allies is supporting Isis is the prudent thing to do.

Dont be silly.

Allowing Putin the opportunity to present his evidence to support his claim that one of our allies is supporting Isis is the prudent thing to do.

Isn't this the same government that offered satellite 'video' of F-16s shooting down the airliner taken out over the Ukraine?

Dont be silly.

Isn't this the same government that offered satellite 'video' of F-16s shooting down the airliner taken out over the Ukraine?

Couldn't say. But there's no doubt that the Russian military shot that airliner down.

If he's willing to go to war with Turkey and NATO, sure.

Russia doesn't have the economy to pull off such a war. And Putin knows it. So he'll rattle sabers and issue travel restrictions. And little else.

NATO ?

Turkey's pretty much on their own here. And nato is by no means obligated to go to war against Russia on their behalf.

If Russia makes war on Turkey? NATO would step up. Russia repeatedly violated Turkish airspace, taunting the Turks. The Turks shot down on of their planes.

Chances are, Putin won't be sending more planes into Turkish airspace.
Just like we told Ukraine we would.......Nato is a hollow shell. Speaking of economies unable to go to war can you imagine us trying to ramp up.......its laughable.

Dont be silly.

Couldn't say. But there's no doubt that the Russian military shot that airliner down.
The Russian military had nothing to do with the shoot down.

The US gov claimed Russian backed rebels shot it down, but to date have offered zero proof. Big Ears even placed sanctions on Russia, an act of war, based on flimsy evidence. This after his people in Ukraine overthrew the elected government.

Dont be silly.

The Russian military had nothing to do with the shoot down.

The US gov claimed Russian backed rebels shot it down, but to date have offered zero proof. Big Ears even placed sanctions on Russia, an act of war, based on flimsy evidence. This after his people in Ukraine overthrew the elected government.
There is plenty of evidence, including recorded intercepts and social network admissions by rebel and Russian military personnel. There are also a series of photo's showing the actual BUK missile system traveling from Russia to the town in Ukraine where the missile was fired from. After the event, a leading rebel leader admitted and confirmed the system had arrived in the area where the missile was launched from. The Dutch and the UN proposed and voted on creating a Tribunal to hear the case. It was vetoed by one country, Russia. The initial report published by the Dutch investigation points the finger at Russian involvement. Everyone knows the aircraft was shot down by rebels who were trained and supplied with a sophisticated anti-aircraft missile battery that could have only occurred with orders from Putin.

Tyler Durden spells it out...

US Lawmaker Sees "Ample Evidence Of Turkey's Complicity In ISIS's Murderous Rampage"

And then there’s Turkey, where NATO stood aside and watched as Erdogan started a civil war in order to nullify a democratic election outcome. Now, he’s shooting down Russian planes and trafficking ISIS crude.

In short: this makes absolutely no sense. The US should be aligned with Russia and Iran in Syria, not with Turkey, not with Saudi Arabia, not with Qatar (all of whom fund Sunni extremism) and most certainly not with the FSA, al-Nusra, and/or ISIS.

Well, thankfully, US lawmakers are beginning to wake up to what’s going on as evidenced by Hawaii congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard’s campaign to stop what she calls the “illegal war” against Assad. In the latest example of lawmaker revolt against Washington’s Syria strategy, Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Europe, Eurasia, and Emerging Threats recently issued a statement on everything the US is doing wrong. It’s presented below without further comment.
US Lawmaker Sees "Ample Evidence Of Turkey's Complicity In ISIS's Murderous Rampage" | Zero Hedge

Forum List

Back