Russia's use of Civilians is genius

DarthTrader

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2022
I think that Russia uses civilians the way the US did in WW2. US intentions of strategic bombings shifted around 1943 when it failed to produce results on military industry, instead the goal became to just congest the roadways/railways so badly that nothing could move around.

It appears this is Russia's actual intent by letting civilians escape a siege, then bombing them or their intended routes. Then the convoys hold-up large arteries or get diverted, forcing the Ukrainian logistics to respond.

Was looking at a railway bombing near Slovyansk that made me think of this. The Russians didn't even destroy the bridge, but it just caused the civilian evacs to get stuck on the tracks for fear of being hit. So they can keep the bridge but effectively "destroy it".

To me, that's pretty genius.

I think that Russia uses civilians the way the US did in WW2. US intentions of strategic bombings shifted around 1943 when it failed to produce results on military industry, instead the goal became to just congest the roadways/railways so badly that nothing could move around.

It appears this is Russia's actual intent by letting civilians escape a siege, then bombing them or their intended routes. Then the convoys hold-up large arteries or get diverted, forcing the Ukrainian logistics to respond.

Was looking at a railway bombing near Slovyansk that made me think of this. The Russians didn't even destroy the bridge, but it just caused the civilian evacs to get stuck on the tracks for fear of being hit. So they can keep the bridge but effectively "destroy it".

Ya, the Russian army is doing a great job retreating. :lmao:

Russia's behavior might have the effect you describe, but that isn't the only result. It also resulted in then being removed from the Human Rights Council of the U.N. and increased the growing world wide resolve to support Ukraine. Oil is Russia's only source of income, but it's behavior has already caused many of it's customers to take steps to reduce or completely eliminate their use of Russian oil. Their behavior has hurt them much more than any advantage they might have hoped for. Seems what you described turned out to be a pretty dumb move. I wonder if Putin is smart enough to figure out how much he hurt himself.

• Banned
Russia's behavior might have the effect you describe, but that isn't the only result. It also resulted in then being removed from the Human Rights Council of the U.N. and increased the growing world wide resolve to support Ukraine. Oil is Russia's only source of income, but it's behavior has already caused many of it's customers to take steps to reduce or completely eliminate their use of Russian oil. Their behavior has hurt them much more than any advantage they might have hoped for. Seems what you described turned out to be a pretty dumb move. I wonder if Putin is smart enough to figure out how much he hurt himself.
Get back to me when someone cares about the Human Rights Council.

Also - Russia has a lot more income than Oil, try just about every commodity on earth. They are the supplier of the entire world. Pick a commodity, any commodity, and they are top 5 exporter of it and usually top exporter of it.

Even lumber, which is pretty common. Wheat - top exporter. Corn, nickel, steel, aluminum, raw materials, finished materials, just name it.

You have no idea the game Russia is playing if you think their behavior has "hurt them". It's damaged the west far greater.

• Banned
As opposed to your fake news about no Holocaust? :blowpop:
The killed Russian Generals actually is fake news.

To the others here - what stupid nearsightedness.

You're the ldiots who never had any responsibility in war if you ever fought in one, and would have said you could have wiped up the blood of the Civil War with a handkerchief.

Just pure stupidity

Russian trolls feel very comfortable at this forum.

Ukraine's president and former "dancing with stars" celebrity didn't seem to care that Russians were massing at the border. The Ukraine defense strategy seemed to be centered around convincing citizens that it would be in their best interest to lay down in front of Russian tanks. Meanwhile international propaganda would center on heroic Ukrainian citizens who would fight to the death.

Ukraine's president and former "dancing with stars" celebrity didn't seem to care that Russians were massing at the border. The Ukraine defense strategy seemed to be centered around convincing citizens that it would be in their best interest to lay down in front of Russian tanks. Meanwhile international propaganda would center on heroic Ukrainian citizens who would fight to the death.
Ukraine's defense was always to fight from behind civilians. It's why hospitals are bombed. They are full of beds of sleeping soldiers.

The killed Russian Generals actually is fake news.

To the others here - what stupid nearsightedness.

You're the ldiots who never had any responsibility in war if you ever fought in one, and would have said you could have wiped up the blood of the Civil War with a handkerchief.

Just pure stupidity
russia-gop.gif

Get back to me when someone cares about the Human Rights Council.

Also - Russia has a lot more income than Oil, try just about every commodity on earth. They are the supplier of the entire world. Pick a commodity, any commodity, and they are top 5 exporter of it and usually top exporter of it.

Even lumber, which is pretty common. Wheat - top exporter. Corn, nickel, steel, aluminum, raw materials, finished materials, just name it.

You have no idea the game Russia is playing if you think their behavior has "hurt them". It's damaged the west far greater.
You know you just fucked up bigly when our local Holocaust denier, Sunni Man, agrees with you. :lmao:

Lol Ukraine propaganda is so truthful. God you're dumb. Not worth intelligent military conversations.
Putin won't even allow the press to publish what they want and you complain about others, lol. You're such a jackass. :lol:

Putin is a master strategist and his Russian army generals are excellent battlefield tacticians. ... :thup:

His generals are very adept at destroying innocent people, attacking defenseless buildings, and getting killed.

Forum List

Back