Ryan's (R-WI) new budget DOA

The facts are that the White House has laid out a budget every single year. The Senate has too, but now that every single thing gets filibustered, it makes it difficult for anyone to get close to 60 votes there instead of the 50 that it's supposed to be.

The facts about Paul Ryan's new proposal is that he balances the budget in 10 years by keeping the tax increases in Obamacare while cutting health insurance that goes to people while he also accounts in his budget for the $600 billion that was raised by letting the Bush Tax Cuts expire in the mini-fiscal cliff deal back in December.

Paul Ryan just isn't a serious person. He's actually proposing balancing the budget by raising taxes and supporting the two things that Obama wanted and got already. I mean, how stupid is that?

I can't take Ryan seriously. I don't know why some in the media still do.

Uh, no. The United States Senate has not passed a budget since April 29, 2009.

The House proposes a budget EVERY year - and has done since Barry took over. It goes to the Senate and Harry "Howdy Doody" Reid kills it in conference - just as the Communist-In-Chief has directed him to do since the day Barry took over. We have NOT had a budget since Barry took over.

We, basically, are operating under the very same budget that Bush left for Obama. Continuing resolutions allow Barry to spend at will. PERIOD. END OF STORY.
Exactly, so all the spending the last 4 years has been Bush's spending.
Thank you.

Well, the Dems are supposed to have a budget tomorrow and Obama in April. What bothers me is Paul Ryan knew this wasn't going to pass. He just put on a show. The only way he could come up with a way to balance his budget is keeping the Medicare cuts he bitched and moaned about during the election and the tax increases on wealthy Medicare recipients that was in the healthcare bill. At the same time he wants to privatize Medicare, reduce the top tax rate to 25%, cut the corporate tax rate, repeal Obamacare, repeal the Wall Street reform bill, cut Medicaid and put it back to the States, increase restrictions on food stamps and put them back to the States, increase defense spending, and yeah approve the keystone pipeline and whatever other horse manure is in there. It isn't a budget. It's a far right wing Republican wet dream and is a waste of everyone's time because it'll go nowhere. He might as well have done nothing.

Well, the Dems are supposed to have a budget tomorrow and Obama in April. What bothers me is Paul Ryan knew this wasn't going to pass. He just put on a show. The only way he could come up with a way to balance his budget is keeping the Medicare cuts he bitched and moaned about during the election and the tax increases on wealthy Medicare recipients that was in the healthcare bill. At the same time he wants to privatize Medicare, reduce the top tax rate to 25%, cut the corporate tax rate, repeal Obamacare, repeal the Wall Street reform bill, cut Medicaid and put it back to the States, increase restrictions on food stamps and put them back to the States, increase defense spending, and yeah approve the keystone pipeline and whatever other horse manure is in there. It isn't a budget. It's a far right wing Republican wet dream and is a waste of everyone's time because it'll go nowhere. He might as well have done nothing.

You mean like, when, Obama proposed his budget and even his own party shot it down?

:cuckoo:

No one should even try budgeting. Everyone should just give the kenyan EVERYTHING he wants, and our economy will implode before his term is up. Then we can file bankruptcy, impeach obama and try him for treason, throw his filthy commie ass in prison, reclaim everything the chinese have invested in, and then start off with a clean slate.

The facts are that the White House has laid out a budget every single year. The Senate has too, but now that every single thing gets filibustered, it makes it difficult for anyone to get close to 60 votes there instead of the 50 that it's supposed to be.

The facts about Paul Ryan's new proposal is that he balances the budget in 10 years by keeping the tax increases in Obamacare while cutting health insurance that goes to people while he also accounts in his budget for the $600 billion that was raised by letting the Bush Tax Cuts expire in the mini-fiscal cliff deal back in December.

Paul Ryan just isn't a serious person. He's actually proposing balancing the budget by raising taxes and supporting the two things that Obama wanted and got already. I mean, how stupid is that?

I can't take Ryan seriously. I don't know why some in the media still do.

The House proposes a budget EVERY year - and has done since Barry took over. It goes to the Senate and Harry "Howdy Doody" Reid kills it in conference - just as the Communist-In-Chief has directed him to do since the day Barry took over. We have NOT had a budget since Barry took over.

We, basically, are operating under the very same budget that Bush left for Obama. Continuing resolutions allow Barry to spend at will. PERIOD. END OF STORY.
Thank you.

You poor, stupid little person.....

Why do Repubs do this? They need a non-Randian as a budget chairman. His budget presupposes the repeal of Obamacare WHICH we just had a referendum on (AKA- election)

Ryan stakes out GOP budget principles, pledges $4.6 trillion in savings - First Read
The plan is unlikely to ever become law in its entirety; it assumes a repeal of President Barack Obama's health care reform law, and collects no new revenue from taxes, two elements which are unpalatable to Democrats.

They keep saying "we produced a budget" but if it goes nowhere/is so partisanly lopsided, did they genuinely produce one? :eusa_liar:

he threw Keystone XL in there as well as a final :fu: :eusa_hand:

I really am not thrilled with the idea of giving Dems control of the House again, but apparently it is the only thing that might knock some sense into these stupid Republicans.

Aren't we finally supposed to get a budget from the Senate after a mere four year wait ? I look forward to seeing how balanced and non partisan that's going to be.

No. Harry Reid will never let ANY budget come to a vote in the Senate. NEVER. His boy Barry told him in the beginning that the only thing that would be acceptable to his imperial unholiness was continuing resolutions.

As long as the Communist-In-Chief is in the WH, the United States will never have a budget.

So when you say Obama is a the Communist-In-Chief, you must mean he is a Communist in the context of say a Gorbachev, and GW Bush was a Communist more in the context of Stalin.

Thank you.

Anyone who believes Obama is a Communist is automatically relegated to the stupid list. You obviously have no clue what communism is.

Thank you.

Anyone who believes Obama is a Communist is automatically relegated to the stupid list. You obviously have no clue what communism is.

Yeah, you're right. I served at Consulates in Moscow, Belgrade, Gdansk, East Germany and Berlin. I have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER what "communism" is, sonny.

Again, you poor, stupid little person.

Thank you.

yep. I wanted Obama to press the single-payer route but he gave that up w/o so much as a hand wave. Obama is a moderate. I know, because I'm a radical progressive.

Yeah, you're right. I served at Consulates in Moscow, Belgrade, Gdansk, East Germany and Berlin. I have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER what "communism" is, sonny.

That's a sad commentary on our vetting process. Obviously you duped a lot of people. Congrats on that. Now get an education, sonny.

What is wrong with Ryan's proposals?

That's a sad commentary on our vetting process. Obviously you duped a lot of people. Congrats on that. Now get an education, sonny.
You are up against it here. You should stand down.

Deflect all you want Sonny. You're the "educated" individual that started this little "conversation" with your idiotic statement. Again, you poor, stupid little person.

yep. I wanted Obama to press the single-payer route but he gave that up w/o so much as a hand wave. Obama is a moderate. I know, because I'm a radical progressive.

Yea, as a lifelong Republican to current Democrat, I tend to be more liberal on certain issues and more conservative on others. The idiocy of the right has taken over the Republican Party unfortunately, so I'm caught in a bad place. I do support a one payer system that gives everyone basic healthcare with low deductibles, and then allowing for private supplemental plans for those who want the gold standard. We talk about the US having the best medical care available in the world, and it's true, but only those who are willing or able to pay the most actually have access to it. Everyone else gets adequate care in some form, but it drives the cost through the roof. We would be much better off with a system like that of the UK, where there is a National Health Service, and then you purchase supplemental insurance if you want to be treated like royalty. Everyone gets what they want, and it costs half of what it is costing us.

Unfortunately, we like paying double for the same product everyone else gets for half of what we pay. Basically, we're just stupid.

Forum List

Back