San Antonio Considers AntiChristian Proposal BArring Business With Christians

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
No Christian thinks that homosexual sex is NOT a sin, if so they are not Christians but merely poseurs.

San Antonio Proposal Could Bar Christians From City Council | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

The proposed change would add “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” to the city’s discrimination ordinance. It would protect gays, lesbians, transgender, and veterans – a move that had critics accusing the council of playing politics with the military.

“No person shall be appointed to a position if the city council finds that such person has, prior to such proposed appointment, engaged in discrimination or demonstrated a bias, by word or deed, against any person, group or organization on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age or disability,” the ordinance reads.

Critics argue that the ordinance could ban Christians who believe homosexuality is a sin from serving on the city council.

They also believe the ordinance would also ban the city from doing business with anyone who fails to espouse politically correct views and businesses run by people of faith would be subject to criminal penalties if they refused to provide services that conflict with their religious beliefs related to homosexuality.

We are getting damned close to open discrimination and attacks on Christians. Just like the Jacobins did in the French Revolution.

Christians need to wake the hell up and get on the stick.

No Christian thinks that homosexual sex is NOT a sin, if so they are not Christians but merely poseurs.

San Antonio Proposal Could Bar Christians From City Council | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

The proposed change would add “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” to the city’s discrimination ordinance. It would protect gays, lesbians, transgender, and veterans – a move that had critics accusing the council of playing politics with the military.

“No person shall be appointed to a position if the city council finds that such person has, prior to such proposed appointment, engaged in discrimination or demonstrated a bias, by word or deed, against any person, group or organization on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age or disability,” the ordinance reads.

Critics argue that the ordinance could ban Christians who believe homosexuality is a sin from serving on the city council.

They also believe the ordinance would also ban the city from doing business with anyone who fails to espouse politically correct views and businesses run by people of faith would be subject to criminal penalties if they refused to provide services that conflict with their religious beliefs related to homosexuality.

We are getting damned close to open discrimination and attacks on Christians. Just like the Jacobins did in the French Revolution.

It is the end days this was all prophesied.

It is the end days this was all prophesied.

That would be too easy... maybe God expects us to step up and DO SOMETHING to protect ourselves?

It's a ridiculous idea. It clearly violates federal employment laws: The proposal is a direct act of discrimination against Christians. People cannot be hired, fired, and/or questioned about their religious affiliations and beliefs as a condition of employment. See EEOC/EOE regulations.

“No person shall be appointed to a position if the city council finds that such person has, prior to such proposed appointment,engaged in discrimination or demonstrated a bias, by word or deed, against any person, group or organization on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age or disability,” the ordinance reads.

Last edited:
Lol...its the end days ! LOL....crackpots...stop believing in bullshit and discriminating against people who were born a certain way won't have any problems. See problem with religious folks is when they get just a hint of political power they like to use that power to force their rules or way of living on others. So in complete agreement here.

This *proposal* won't go through.

Whoever presented this only did so to make a political statement and it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Secondly, anti-homosexual beliefs are held through out all 3 abrahamic religions, not just christianity. But because America is over-whelmingly christian I can see why this proposal may appear as an open attack on christianity.

Fret not my friend of faith.

Whoever presented this only did so to make a political statement and it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Secondly, anti-homosexual beliefs are held through out all 3 abrahamic religions, not just christianity. But because America is over-whelmingly christian I can see why this proposal may appear as an open attack on christianity.

America its self is not a christian nation the majority of people here are christians yes...that is changing fast though.

Since hating gays is in the OT do you abide by EVERYTHING in the OT?

America its self is not a christian nation the majority of people here are christians yes...that is changing fast though.

I never stated that America was inherently Christian. Just that Christianity is the dominant religion. I also acknowledge that America draws alot of influence from Christianity from a cultural stand point.

But if I had the choice I'd choose to live amongst christians than muslims any day of the week. So I am grateful for that atleast.

Last edited:
No Christian thinks that homosexual sex is NOT a sin, if so they are not Christians but merely poseurs..

How are your civil and religious liberties threatened by this proposed policy?

Eat shit, Starkey you fucking liar. You see exactly how it affects the civil rights of Christians, or you havent read the article, or you are dumber than a box of rocks.

Last edited:

The OT was written for the people of Isreal more than three thousand years ago.

As a modern day American, no, I do not believe that the OT compels me to hate gays, and since I am a Catholic, and the church teaches us that homosexual tendencies are not a sin but the acts are a sin, I do not believe that gays should be punished in any way simply for being gay.

Lol, only if reason and common since ruled these days.

People said the same thing about the repeal of DADT, but a lame duck Congress did it using defeated members as the key swing votes to pass it.

I never stated that America was inherently Christian. Just that Christianity is the dominant religion. I also acknowledge that America draws alot of influence from Christianity from a cultural stand point.

But if I had the choice I'd choose to live amongst christians than muslims any day of the week. So I am grateful for that atleast.
Gotcha. Well if I had my choice I think I would pick normal sane muslims...they aren't trying to jam their religion down my throat like christians do here.I am an Atheist so.

As a modern day American, no, I do not believe that the OT compels me to hate gays, and since I am a Catholic, and the church teaches us that homosexual tendencies are not a sin but the acts are a sin, I do not believe that gays should be punished in any way simply for being gay.

So having sex is a sin? Wow...so glad I am not religious at all...couldn't stand to be told what to do by a book written 3 thousand years ago...What about a man and woman having anal? That a sin as well? Because I am sure there is gonna be a lot of christians that are straight sinning lol...But seriously if you run for office the religion needs to stop at the door...

Gotcha. Well if I had my choice I think I would pick normal sane muslims...they aren't trying to jam their religion down my throat like christians do here.I am an Atheist so.

So having sex is a sin? Wow...so glad I am not religious at all...couldn't stand to be told what to do by a book written 3 thousand years ago...What about a man and woman having anal? That a sin as well? Because I am sure there is gonna be a lot of christians that are straight sinning lol...But seriously if you run for office the religion needs to stop at the door...

No, it doesnt. You cant force others to tithe to or join your church, but just because your moral compass comes from a religous base, doesnt mean you have to leave it behind when you get elected.

No, it doesnt. You cant force others to tithe to or join your church, but just because your moral compass comes from a religous base, doesnt mean you have to leave it behind when you get elected.

Didn't say leave it behind I said leave your beliefs there at home church whatever...your religious beliefs belong NO WHERE near a policy that affects the public as a whole.

No Christian thinks that homosexual sex is NOT a sin, if so they are not Christians but merely poseurs..

By being banned from serving on the city council because of your religous beliefs?

It is not banning belief, it is banning association with banned behavior from serving on the council.

You would not ask a thief to serve as the cashier of a super market.

By being banned from serving on the city council because of your religous beliefs?

It is not banning belief, it is banning association with banned behavior from serving on the council.

You would not ask a thief to serve as the cashier of a super market.

A cashier is not an elected position. How is a beliefs means for an elected position no different than a religous qualifier or a race qualifier?

So now we have thoughtcrime?

Scratch a progressive and you find a facist underneath.

Forum List

Back