San Antonio Considers AntiChristian Proposal BArring Business With Christians

America its self is not a christian nation the majority of people here are christians yes...that is changing fast though.

I never stated that America was inherently Christian. Just that Christianity is the dominant religion. I also acknowledge that America draws alot of influence from Christianity from a cultural stand point.

But if I had the choice I'd choose to live amongst christians than muslims any day of the week. So I am grateful for that atleast.
Gotcha. Well if I had my choice I think I would pick normal sane muslims...they aren't trying to jam their religion down my throat like christians do here.I am an Atheist so.

To each their own I suppose. I'd argue though that Christians in the west are more secular than muslims of the middle east.

I'm pretty certain that an islamic country would *shove their religion in your face much, much more* than any christian dominated country. Even first world islamic countries do this now. Remember that norwegian woman who was raped recently and then sent to prison for being a rape victim? I don't want to live some place like that.

I'm also an atheist but I acknowledge that living in a christian society is a hell of alot better than living in an islamic one.

But as I said. To each their own.

No Christian thinks that homosexual sex is NOT a sin, if so they are not Christians but merely poseurs.

San Antonio Proposal Could Bar Christians From City Council | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

The proposed change would add “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” to the city’s discrimination ordinance. It would protect gays, lesbians, transgender, and veterans – a move that had critics accusing the council of playing politics with the military.

“No person shall be appointed to a position if the city council finds that such person has, prior to such proposed appointment, engaged in discrimination or demonstrated a bias, by word or deed, against any person, group or organization on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age or disability,” the ordinance reads.

Critics argue that the ordinance could ban Christians who believe homosexuality is a sin from serving on the city council.

They also believe the ordinance would also ban the city from doing business with anyone who fails to espouse politically correct views and businesses run by people of faith would be subject to criminal penalties if they refused to provide services that conflict with their religious beliefs related to homosexuality.

We are getting damned close to open discrimination and attacks on Christians. Just like the Jacobins did in the French Revolution.

Christians need to wake the hell up and get on the stick.

scuse me? WTF happened to separation of church and state?

This would also apply to Jews,Muslims,and any other religion who has a problem with homo's? How about atheists who don't like homo's just because they don't?

if this includes prior actions:

How about anyone who served in the military and discharged gays because they weren't allowed?

How about non church based organizations that don't or didn't allow gays like the Boy Scouts? Do Mason's allow gays and did they ban them at one time?

What's next? Men who aren't attracted to Brunettes can't do business? Men who aren't attracted to both men and women? People who don't believe in global warming? Might be some underlying discrimination there too if you do business with them. Surely the City doesn't want to do business with people who don't to date people with brown eyes.

As long at those who serve or will serve the city are unbiased reguardless of their personal beliefs this shouldn't be a problem.As far as I can see, it's a violation across the board of peoples constitutional rights and should be discounted immediately or I'm sure there will be a massive lawsuit.

No Christian thinks that homosexual sex is NOT a sin, if so they are not Christians but merely poseurs..

How are your civil and religious liberties threatened by this proposed policy?

Eat shit, Starkey you fucking liar. You see exactly how it affects the civil rights of Christians, or you havent read the article, or you are dumber than a box of rocks.

I think it's really horrible that "Christians" may not be allowed to be hateful towards gay people if they want to be in city government.

Simply horrible.

Eat shit, Starkey you fucking liar. You see exactly how it affects the civil rights of Christians, or you havent read the article, or you are dumber than a box of rocks.

I think it's really horrible that "Christians" may not be allowed to be hateful towards gay people if they want to be in city government.

Simply horrible.

How is going to a church that doesnt perform gay marriage move into being hateful?

Homosexuality is a sin in all 3 of the major monoteistic religons. So if a person believes that, professes it, they are suddenly hateful and lose thier rights as citizens.

I dont care who you feel like buggering, but stop trying to disinfranchise those who disagree with you. Facist.

Jim Bowie has not been able to say how his Christian civil and religious liberties are affected.

Simply horrible.

Why do you assume Christians who disagree with the gay lifestlye are "hateful". I don't agree with the gay lifestyle due to my faith, but I don't hate gays and don't discriminate against gays because of it.

Last edited:
Then you should be able to serve in city government. If such a city law penalizes thought only, then it will be overturned in court. But if you are a florist who refuses to cater gay weddings because they are gay, or refuses white shoppers because they are white, guess the fuck what. Hmmm.

Marty, your weak point is that your argument is weak and needs to refutation.

It falls summarily on its own fail. No one has to do anything else.

But the nut cases have to be able to run for office. anything else is tyranny.

Ya gotta draw the line somewhere..hence the reason we have a constitution and state constitutions to make sure the religious nuts don't get their way we would end up like Saudi Arabia...whipping people for bashing christianity or cutting off hands for stealing...

No, there cannot be any line when it comes to running for office, unless someone is adjuicated by a judge/jury.

Again, all this is is creating thoughtcrime.

Libtards are totally OK with having thought crimes; they are its chief users anyway.

The Constitution specifically prohibits a religious test to hold public office. There is no prescribed sex test that only those willing to have gay sex be allowed to hold public office.

"But being gay isn't a religion," I can already hear that bullshit.

No Christian thinks that homosexual sex is NOT a sin, if so they are not Christians but merely poseurs.

San Antonio Proposal Could Bar Christians From City Council | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

The proposed change would add “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” to the city’s discrimination ordinance. It would protect gays, lesbians, transgender, and veterans – a move that had critics accusing the council of playing politics with the military.

“No person shall be appointed to a position if the city council finds that such person has, prior to such proposed appointment, engaged in discrimination or demonstrated a bias, by word or deed, against any person, group or organization on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age or disability,” the ordinance reads.

Critics argue that the ordinance could ban Christians who believe homosexuality is a sin from serving on the city council.

They also believe the ordinance would also ban the city from doing business with anyone who fails to espouse politically correct views and businesses run by people of faith would be subject to criminal penalties if they refused to provide services that conflict with their religious beliefs related to homosexuality.

We are getting damned close to open discrimination and attacks on Christians. Just like the Jacobins did in the French Revolution.

And the pendulum swings in Texas. Welcome to the Blue Texas.

Simply horrible.

Bullshit. You only think things horrible if they are contrary to what you think best for you and yours. You are nothing more than a lying fucktard.

Piss off.

And the pendulum swings in Texas. Welcome to the Blue Texas.

Meh, more like Red with purple polka-dots.

The demographics of Texas culture make going blue inevitabley unless the Texas GOP gets smart, and after living in and near the state for 35 years, only Perry really understands what is going to happen and does not care. He will be leaving office for good.

Then you should be able to serve in city government. If such a city law penalizes thought only, then it will be overturned in court. But if you are a florist who refuses to cater gay weddings because they are gay, or refuses white shoppers because they are white, guess the fuck what. Hmmm.

That should not preclude you from running for any office, no matter what you think. Again, thoughtcrime.

Marty, your weak point is that your argument is weak and needs to refutation.

It falls summarily on its own fail. No one has to do anything else.

That is the biggest circular logic I have ever seen. You should have seen an Excel error when you typed it in.

Again, hello kitty board time. Practice there.

Lol...its the end days ! LOL....crackpots...stop believing in bullshit and discriminating against people who were born a certain way won't have any problems. See problem with religious folks is when they get just a hint of political power they like to use that power to force their rules or way of living on others. So in complete agreement here.

Funny you should suggest that because that is exactly what these progressive idiots in San Antonio are doing.

Immie

A day is coming when you liberal dogs will be putting flair on Christians and sending their pastors to jail for hate speech. 10 years max.

Forum List

Back