San Diego University professors say that farmers markets are "white spaces that oppress minorities"

Why should anyone really care? People choose to shop where they want. If you don't like farmers markets, ok.

How do you oppress people who don't even show up?

Why would you show up when you can't afford the product?
Black people only eat junk food anyways.

Bullshit. If that was true, then one of my favorite places to eat in Amarillo wouldn't exist. It's called Shi-Lee's Barbeque, and it specializes in soul food and barbeque, and all the ingredients she uses to cook with are fresh. And, it is owned by blacks, and lots of black people go there to eat. A couple of white people like myself, but their main clientele is African American.

Try again.

Bullshit. If that was true, then one of my favorite places to eat in Amarillo wouldn't exist. It's called Shi-Lee's Barbeque, and it specializes in soul food and barbeque, and all the ingredients she uses to cook with are fresh. And, it is owned by blacks, and lots of black people go there to eat. A couple of white people like myself, but their main clientele is African American.

Try again.
Ya, but that's an anomaly. And anyways, it's still fried chicken. Not like that's a delicacy or anything.

Try again.

If you listen to dems about the food deserts.......

Try again.
Ya, but that's an anomaly. And anyways, it's still fried chicken. Not like that's a delicacy or anything.

Your post shows your bigoted ignorance. On the meat side, she has brisket, ribs, smothered pork chops, Salisbury steak (homemade), as well as greens, butter beans, red beans and rice (the best I've ever had), and many other things on her menu. They vary from day to day because sometimes they run out of some items, but generally she has a full menu.

And................for 12 bucks you can get 2 meats, 2 sides, and 1 dessert. Not a bad deal, and they make sure you don't go away hungry.

If a person likes soul food and shows up in Amarillo, Shi-Lee's barbecue is the place to go.

And................when they smoke the meats in the cooker, they are using woods like apple, apricot and other fruit woods that he gets from some of the tree trimmers here.

Try again.

When they talk about food deserts, they are talking about stores not selling fresh items, not prepared foods from restraunts.

Try again.

Your post shows your bigoted ignorance. On the meat side, she has brisket, ribs, smothered pork chops, Salisbury steak (homemade), as well as greens, butter beans, red beans and rice (the best I've ever had), and many other things on her menu. They vary from day to day because sometimes they run out of some items, but generally she has a full menu.

And................for 12 bucks you can get 2 meats, 2 sides, and 1 dessert. Not a bad deal, and they make sure you don't go away hungry.

If a person likes soul food and shows up in Amarillo, Shi-Lee's barbecue is the place to go.

And................when they smoke the meats in the cooker, they are using woods like apple, apricot and other fruit woods that he gets from some of the tree trimmers here.
Ya, the menu changes daily depending on what was stolen the night before. :biggrin:

Try again.

When they talk about food deserts, they are talking about stores not selling fresh items, not prepared foods from restraunts.

True enough but you wont see any places you described in the ghetto.

Try again.

If you are talking about Shi-Lee's, then you are wrong. Her place is located on 3rd St, about a block west of Washington St, which is right in the middle of the poor section of town, populated mostly by blacks, i.e. "the ghetto".

Try again.

If you are talking about Shi-Lee's, then you are wrong. Her place is located on 3rd St, about a block west of Washington St, which is right in the middle of the poor section of town, populated mostly by blacks, i.e. "the ghetto".

So it's safe to say the place isn't owned by Koreans?

Try again.

Expand the conversation dude. In one of the first posts I wrote about this place, I said it was owned by blacks and the main clientele was black. Shi-Lee is her name, and yeah, there are a lot of people in Amarillo who made that same mistake, thinking that it was Korean barbecue. Shi-Lee is the woman who owns the place, and her son Treymaine and another guy named Greg are the ones doing the cooking. And, not only do they have excellent chow, but they also feed the homeless once a month, as well as do toy drives for children in the hospital over Christmas.

Like I said, if you ever come to Amarillo and have a hankering for soul food and barbecue, her place is the best to eat at in Amarillo.

Expand the conversation dude. In one of the first posts I wrote about this place, I said it was owned by blacks and the main clientele was black. Shi-Lee is her name, and yeah, there are a lot of people in Amarillo who made that same mistake, thinking that it was Korean barbecue. Shi-Lee is the woman who owns the place, and her son Treymaine and another guy named Greg are the ones doing the cooking. And, not only do they have excellent chow, but they also feed the homeless once a month, as well as do toy drives for children in the hospital over Christmas.

Like I said, if you ever come to Amarillo and have a hankering for soul food and barbecue, her place is the best to eat at in Amarillo.

I'm mainly just jacking with you.
We have a Cajun place we frequent and the clientele is mostly black. Hell,we all backslap and the bartender,a black dude by the way,has our drinks on the table before we sit down. Dude is a flat out Badass Bartender!!!

We have a Cajun place we frequent and the clientele is mostly black. Hell,we all backslap and the bartender,a black dude by the way,has our drinks on the table before we sit down. Dude is a flat out Badass Bartender!!!

You know, I've found that as a white boy, I can hang out easier in mainly black establishments than a black man could hang out in many of the white establishments in the South. If you don't act like an asshole, they are pretty easygoing and will accept you into their group.

A story I've told before...................I went home one weekend with some black shipmates, and I was the only white boy for several miles. We went to a club, and a huge black dude came up to me and asked if I knew where I was at. I said "yeah, hanging out in a bar, shooting pool and chasing women". He then smiled at me, told me I was all right, and then bought us a round of beers.

You know, I've found that as a white boy, I can hang out easier in mainly black establishments than a black man could hang out in many of the white establishments in the South. If you don't act like an asshole, they are pretty easygoing and will accept you into their group.

A story I've told before...................I went home one weekend with some black shipmates, and I was the only white boy for several miles. We went to a club, and a huge black dude came up to me and asked if I knew where I was at. I said "yeah, hanging out in a bar, shooting pool and chasing women". He then smiled at me, told me I was all right, and then bought us a round of beers.

The wife and I travel the Bush in Jamaica and have found ourselves in many sketchy situations.
I wouldnt do it without my buds who I've known for years though,they explain to the locals what we do for the schools in Jamaica and it's like you're family after that.

So now a white guy drinks malt liquor , what fucking alternative world do you live in ?.

I bet you think I smoke Kool cigarettes also?

And redneck's don't smoke crack they smoke meth

Thank you for clearing that up. GOD! This is too easy!

Clearing what about that you are a retard

Yes I agree .

I don't share you lifestyle of smoking crack and Kool cigarettes and drinking Colt 45. That makes me a 'retard?'

I am not black idiot

Oh wait....the lifestyle of smoking crack and Kool cigarettes and drinking Colt 45 is totally a 'black thang?' I didn't know that. Thanks to you and your black brothers!

If that's "Racist" then it's "Racist" when "Whites are only in farmers markets"

He's obviously never been to a farmers market here in Texas.
Talk about living in a bubble......:cuckoo:

I Googled imaged 'farmers market in Texas' and saw nothing but white people and white/Asian sellers.

You just can't stop lying can you!

How to Shop Your Local Fall Farmers Market in Texas

4572383956_e2b8b7a71d_b-700x525.jpg
FarmersMarketProduce.jpg

http://www.bounceenergy.com/blog/2016/10/shop-local-fall-farmers-market-texas/

In the group photo of customers I see more than 50% white.

Yeah? So? What % of the population of Texas is white? Man, you're proving yourself a bigger moron with every post.

The issue is San Diego University professors say that farmers markets are "white spaces that oppress minorities." Then a Texan writes that Texas farmers markets have a large population of minorities by posting pictures that have a much greater percentage of whites. I say the professor(s) are correct, and nobody with the differing opinion has been able to prove the professors wrong.

He's obviously never been to a farmers market here in Texas.
Talk about living in a bubble......:cuckoo:

I Googled imaged 'farmers market in Texas' and saw nothing but white people and white/Asian sellers.

You just can't stop lying can you!

How to Shop Your Local Fall Farmers Market in Texas

4572383956_e2b8b7a71d_b-700x525.jpg
FarmersMarketProduce.jpg

http://www.bounceenergy.com/blog/2016/10/shop-local-fall-farmers-market-texas/

In the group photo of customers I see more than 50% white.

Yeah? So? What % of the population of Texas is white? Man, you're proving yourself a bigger moron with every post.

The issue is San Diego University professors say that farmers markets are "white spaces that oppress minorities." Then a Texan writes that Texas farmers markets have a large population of minorities by posting pictures that have a much greater percentage of whites. I say the professor(s) are correct, and nobody with the differing opinion has been able to prove the professors wrong.

Hold up a minute.
How do you explain the hispanics attending these farmers markets?

I don't. But mostly whites attend farmers markets as customers.

So the fuck what?

We on the USMB have proved the good professor correct.

No, you've only proved that you are a pathetic liar. Go to the Nacodoches farmers market sometime. I dare you.

How would someone supposedly living in Nevada know about the racial makeup of a Texas farmers market?

Because unlike you I travel a lot and I prefer to buy my produce from farmers markets so frequent them a lot. Go to the farmers market in Oakland CA, it is mainly Hispanic. Your professor is a progressive twit trying to find racial animus in every aspect of life. He's a jackass. And so are you for trying to defend a lie with more lies.

But, seeing's how you're nothing more than progressive propagandist you are just following your orders, so nothing surprising there.

I regularly take my Mother to a farmers market at the Long Beach, Ca marina. Lilly white folks. Even the vendors are Lilly white.

Forum List

Back