🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

San Jose railyard shooting....no AR-15 used, so press loses interest quickly. He used 3 hand guns.

What is wrong with you? Nobody in the US needs an AR-15 or anything similar. You can't hunt with them.

Tell me what the purpose of nonsense like this thread is. Gun nut-ery has gone way too far in this country. If you guys need these weapons to recover your masculinity, you probably never had any in the first place.
Why do people need a Ford Mustang, or a Dodge Challanger?

Neither automobile is a weapon.

196991-full.jpg

Cars kill more people than guns do.....we need to ban them...

2019..... cars killed 39,107 people.....

2019, guns, used illegally......killed 10,235 people...

A Truck, used by a muslim terrorist in Nice France murdered more people than even the Las Vegas shooter.........

Truck in Nice, France....87 people killed.

Las Vegas shooter....61 people....

You really don't see any difference between a gun and an automobile????
Both are tools. Both are involved in 40,000 deaths a year. One you DON'T have a right to own or use.

I get a sense that on this board you are blaming either Democrats or victims for gun deaths.

Child%20Firearm%20injuries%20and%20deaths%202013-2015%20bar%20graph.png

I get a sense that you aren't serious about actual crime....you just want to ban guns because you don't like them.

If you were serious...you would look at the democrat party and their policies and their direct link to increased gun crime and murder...but you support the democrats and hate guns.......

I don't mind guns. We have several.. I just think we should have very strict gun regulation.
You might convince me that you are not out to ban anything but Fudd weapons if you were ACTUALLY willing to compromise.

I have had several mental health evaluations for work purposes with no issues and I have never even been arrested. I've had plenty of gun training and safety courses. I have no criminal motive whatsoever. I am safe.

I should be allowed to own full-autos.

Where is the compromise?

Sounds like you are a law abiding citizen.. Why do you need full auto?
Do you hunt with full auto or just target practice?

Yawn, guy, 40,000 Americans die every year from guns. Very few of them are "evil people".
Yawn, girl. 40,000 Americans die in motor vehicle accidents every year. Very few of them are "evil people."

Ban cars.

But, only the cars that look scary.

More people die falling off ladders every year than die in mass public shootings each year...ladders need to be banned.

( Ladder falling deaths....300, not specified by year
Ladder Safety

R6f7a101c49eaa438a2cf83e4d6225096
MMk%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

Gun violence in the United States by state - Wikipedia

And what you don't understand or care about....

Gun murder 2019....10,235

Case Closed: Kleck Is Still Correct

that makes for at least 176,000 lives saved—less some attackers who lost their lives to defenders. This enormous benefit dwarfs, both in human and economic terms, the losses trumpeted by hoplophobes who only choose to see the risk side of the equation.

==============
Annual Defensive Gun Use Savings Dwarf Study's "Gun Violence" Costs - The Truth About Guns

I was going to go on and calculate the costs of incarceration ($50K/year) saved by people killing 1527 criminals annually, and then look at the lifetime cost to society of an average criminal (something in excess of $1 million). But all of that would be a drop in the bucket compared to the $1,000,000,000,000 ($1T) annual benefit of gun ownership.
--------

It’s one of the antis’ favorite tricks: cost benefit analysis omitting the benefit side of the equation. So what are the financial benefits of firearm ownership to society? Read on . . .

In my post Dennis Henigan on Chardon: Clockwork Edition, I did an analysis of how many lives were saved annually in Defensive Gun Uses (DGUs). I used extremely conservative numbers. Now I am going to use some less conservative ones.
--------------

How can we get a dollar figure from 1.88 million defensive gun uses per year? Never fear, faithful reader, we can count on the .gov to calculate everything.

According to the AZ state government, in February of 2008 a human life was worth $6.5 million. Going to the Inflation Calculator and punching in the numbers gives us a present value of $6.93 million.

So figuring that the average DGU saves one half of a person’s life—as “gun violence” predominantly affects younger demographics—that gives us $3.465 million per half life.

Putting this all together, we find that the monetary benefit of guns (by way of DGUs) is roughly $1.02 trillion per year. That’s trillion. With a ‘T’.

I was going to go on and calculate the costs of incarceration ($50K/year) saved by people killing 1527 criminals annually, and then look at the lifetime cost to society of an average criminal (something in excess of $1 million). But all of that would be a drop in the bucket compared to the $1,000,000,000,000 ($1T) annual benefit of gun ownership.

When compared to the (inflation adjusted from 2002) $127.5 billion ‘cost’ of gun violence calculated by by our Ludwig-Cook buddies, guns save a little more than eight times what they “cost.”

Which, I might add, is completely irrelevant since “the freedom to own and carry the weapon of your choice is a natural, fundamental, and inalienable human, individual, civil, and Constitutional right — subject neither to the democratic process nor to arguments grounded in social utility.”

So even taking Motherboard’s own total and multiplying it by 100, the benefits to society of civilian gun ownership dwarf the associated costs.

Do you take your full auto to work or shopping?

Yawn, guy, 40,000 Americans die every year from guns. Very few of them are "evil people".
Yawn, girl. 40,000 Americans die in motor vehicle accidents every year. Very few of them are "evil people."

Ban cars.

More people die falling off ladders every year than die in mass public shootings each year...ladders need to be banned.

Ladder Safety

MMk%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

Do you realize that Louisiana, illinois? Their major cities and the location of all of their gun murder have been controlled by democrats for decades?

Chicago...democrat party control since 1931

Baton Rouge...except for a republicans 2001-2005 democrats since 1872

New Orleans....democrats since 1872

And again....86% of gun deaths in Wyoming are suicides...not gun murder........
They act like people committing suicide wouldn't try to find another way. That is the most disingenuous bullshit these gun-grabbing fuckers could argue.

11 Facts That Tell the Story of Gun Violence in 2017

Gun deaths rose above 100 per day.
21 states have recorded increases in gun suicides.
Every week, 136 children and teenagers are shot.
More than 135,000 students in the United States have lived through school shootings since …

Americans use their legal guns to stop brutal beatings, rapes, robberies, murders and school shootings, 1.1 million times a year, according to our Centers for Disease Control....or 1.5 million times a year if you use the Department of Justice numbers....

Meanwhile...before the democrat party started their war on police....

Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2019...guess what happened...

https://crimeresearch.org/2020/10/n...n-issuing-permits-because-of-the-coronavirus/

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

So.....with more Americans owning and carrying guns, the gun crime rate did not go up, it went down 75%, the gun murder rate did not go up, it went down 49%.....

After the democrats started attacking the police......they increased gun crime and gun murder rates in the cities they control....

Ban cars.

Ladder Safety

MMk%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

Do you realize that Louisiana, illinois? Their major cities and the location of all of their gun murder have been controlled by democrats for decades?

They act like people committing suicide wouldn't try to find another way. That is the most disingenuous bullshit these gun-grabbing fuckers could argue.

Do people use full autos for suicide?

Ban cars.

Ladder Safety

MMk%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

And what you don't understand or care about....

Gun murder 2019....10,235

Case Closed: Kleck Is Still Correct

that makes for at least 176,000 lives saved—less some attackers who lost their lives to defenders. This enormous benefit dwarfs, both in human and economic terms, the losses trumpeted by hoplophobes who only choose to see the risk side of the equation.

==============
Annual Defensive Gun Use Savings Dwarf Study's "Gun Violence" Costs - The Truth About Guns

--------

It’s one of the antis’ favorite tricks: cost benefit analysis omitting the benefit side of the equation. So what are the financial benefits of firearm ownership to society? Read on . . .

In my post Dennis Henigan on Chardon: Clockwork Edition, I did an analysis of how many lives were saved annually in Defensive Gun Uses (DGUs). I used extremely conservative numbers. Now I am going to use some less conservative ones.
--------------

How can we get a dollar figure from 1.88 million defensive gun uses per year? Never fear, faithful reader, we can count on the .gov to calculate everything.

According to the AZ state government, in February of 2008 a human life was worth $6.5 million. Going to the Inflation Calculator and punching in the numbers gives us a present value of $6.93 million.

So figuring that the average DGU saves one half of a person’s life—as “gun violence” predominantly affects younger demographics—that gives us $3.465 million per half life.

Putting this all together, we find that the monetary benefit of guns (by way of DGUs) is roughly $1.02 trillion per year. That’s trillion. With a ‘T’.

When compared to the (inflation adjusted from 2002) $127.5 billion ‘cost’ of gun violence calculated by by our Ludwig-Cook buddies, guns save a little more than eight times what they “cost.”

Which, I might add, is completely irrelevant since “the freedom to own and carry the weapon of your choice is a natural, fundamental, and inalienable human, individual, civil, and Constitutional right — subject neither to the democratic process nor to arguments grounded in social utility.”

So even taking Motherboard’s own total and multiplying it by 100, the benefits to society of civilian gun ownership dwarf the associated costs.

Do you take your full auto to work or shopping?

Full Auto?

Could you please learn something about guns before you post?

I carry occasionally, when I feel like it......I am not a gun person....I am a Self Defense, defending Freedom person.

Why do you need full auto?
because fuck you, that's why.

I could give you a better reason but you don't care. You're not interested in a reason. You're interested in a ban.

Do you think it's your duty to treat me like a child and forbid me from possessing something just because you don't think I need it?

Go fuck yourself.

Ban cars.

Ladder Safety

MMk%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

So....now that every time you post your facts and figures are shown to be lies and distortions by anti-gun extremist sites......you are going to bait us into "full auto" silliness....

Ban cars.

Ladder Safety

MMk%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

I would bet there's not one single case of suicide by a full auto in the past 100 years.

But if you're trying to make a point, you failed.

Ban cars.

Ladder Safety

MMk%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

I would bet there's not one single case of suicide by a full auto in the past 100 years.

But if you're trying to make a point, you failed.

Surada is going silly because every post so far that they have posted has been show to be factually a lie or at best, a dishonest distortion....they have nowhere else to go...so now is time for the silly...

More than 135,000 students in the United States have lived through school shootings since …

Trump
Americans use their legal guns to stop brutal beatings, rapes, robberies, murders and school shootings, 1.1 million times a year, according to our Centers for Disease Control....or 1.5 million times a year if you use the Department of Justice numbers....

Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2019...guess what happened...

New Concealed Carry Report For 2020: 19.48 Million Permit Holders, 820,000 More Than Last Year despite many states shutting down issuing permits because of the Coronavirus - Crime Prevention Research Center

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

So.....with more Americans owning and carrying guns, the gun crime rate did not go up, it went down 75%, the gun murder rate did not go up, it went down 49%.....

After the democrats started attacking the police......they increased gun crime and gun murder rates in the cities they control....

Before Trump the Democrats had the Taskforce for 21st century policing to restore confidence and trust in police officers.

Trump

New Concealed Carry Report For 2020: 19.48 Million Permit Holders, 820,000 More Than Last Year despite many states shutting down issuing permits because of the Coronavirus - Crime Prevention Research Center

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Before Trump the Democrats had the Taskforce for 21st century policing to restore confidence and trust in police officers.

Are you this silly? The democrats attacked, villified and called for cutting the police forces and some even call for getting rid of police altogether......

Try to be serious....

We need sensible gun laws like Nazi Germany, Mao's China or Stalin's USSR.

Uh, Frank, the Nazis loosened Germany's gun laws. It was easier to get a gun in Nazi Germany than it was in Weimar Germany or Imperial Germany or even today's Federal Republic of Germany.

Do you know what the German's didn't do with those guns? They didn't try to stop the SS from taking away one of their neighbors. SUCKS TO BE HIM!!!

What they did do with those guns? Organize into the Volksgrenadiers made up of old men and little boys to fight the allies

Right! The Nazis only disarmed the people they wanted to murder! No wonder you're a fan!

Why is it when a white person flips the script and kills multiple folks, folks never talk about the shooter they want to talk about the guns. Now had this been someone black all you would hear about is how violent black folks are, how we are thugs, violent animals, etc.

Do you right wing, racist consider this man to be a thug, violent animal, etc.

1622294712143.png

What is wrong with you? Nobody in the US needs an AR-15 or anything similar. You can't hunt with them.

Tell me what the purpose of nonsense like this thread is. Gun nut-ery has gone way too far in this country. If you guys need these weapons to recover your masculinity, you probably never had any in the first place.

Yes...people hunt with them, you doofus......and you don't get to decide which guns are covered.......if the U.S. military has a rifle, then the citizens need to have that rifle as well....since we are a free people, not serfs.

Hunting is a hobby. There is no reason for us to endure the danger that we face from military weaponry just for some fool's hobby. You can hunt with guns that.don't spray bullets all over the place.

The argument that private citizens have to have the same firepower as the U.S. Military is an ignorant absurdity. You morons seem to be afraid of your own government.

It's ironic that many of you are arguing, at the same time, that the military should not examine whether there are extremists in the ranks.

Yes...people hunt with them, you doofus......and you don't get to decide which guns are covered.......if the U.S. military has a rifle, then the citizens need to have that rifle as well....since we are a free people, not serfs.

Hunting is a hobby. There is no reason for us to endure the danger that we face from military weaponry just for some fool's hobby. You can hunt with guns that.don't spray bullets all over the place.

The argument that private citizens have to have the same firepower as the U.S. Military is an ignorant absurdity. You morons seem to be afraid of your own government.

It's ironic that many of you are arguing, at the same time, that the military should not examine whether there are extremists in the ranks.

What military weaponry? Bazookas......tanks?

You mean pump action shotguns? They are actual military weapons.

Bolt action rifles? They are actual military weapons.

The AR-15? Is not a military weapon, never has been.....

The Right of people to have the same rifles and pistols as the military makes absolute sense, especially in the light of actual history where the governments of Europe, Russia, Asia, South America and Africa, have used their militaries to commit mass murder against their own people...

How you can not see the value in having the same rifles and pistols as the military is just amazing.......every region I pointed out has conducted mass murder against their own people...using the military.....

Why is it when a white person flips the script and kills multiple folks, folks never talk about the shooter they want to talk about the guns. Now had this been someone black all you would hear about is how violent black folks are, how we are thugs, violent animals, etc.

Do you right wing, racist consider this man to be a thug, violent animal, etc.

View attachment 494949

No.....what I specifically talk about is this...

There were 10 mass public shootings in 2019
There were 12 in 2018
There was 1 in 2020....

Under 200 total deaths if you add up all 3 years....

Not all of those shooters were white guys.

Meanwhile, black males who make up 7% of the population committed over 50% of the 10, 235 gun murders in the U.S. in 2019 alone....

Do you see the difference in numbers?

And the core issue isn't black gun crime...it is the policies of the democrata party that create criminals and their crime......because blacks are the majority of the murder victims....

YOu should really focus your anger at the democrats..the ones getting young black men killed...

I am worried about the blm, and antifa democrat party extremists who burned and looted our cities for 7 months, burned and attacked court houses and police stations for 7 months...murdered over 30 Americans over 7 months and set up actual, insurrectionist zones in our cities...some still in existence because democrat party mayors and governors will not end them....

Meanwhile, the fake "extremists in the military" show is already old....we know you are faking outrage about this to hide the 7 months of actual democrat party extremism..

What military weaponry? Bazookas......tanks?

You mean pump action shotguns? They are actual military weapons.

Bolt action rifles? They are actual military weapons.

The AR-15? Is not a military weapon, never has been.....

The Right of people to have the same rifles and pistols as the military makes absolute sense, especially in the light of actual history where the governments of Europe, Russia, Asia, South America and Africa, have used their militaries to commit mass murder against their own people...

How you can not see the value in having the same rifles and pistols as the military is just amazing.......every region I pointed out has conducted mass murder against their own people...using the military.....
I am talking about weaponry that sprays bullets at a high rate per minute, and you know it.

I hope that you are pleased that our military is looking to identify extremists in its ranks so that your doomsday scenario does not occur.

I think of the incredible restraint shown by the Capitol Police and their reinforcements when they were defending the U.S.Government and our Constitution on Jan. 6. They didn't open up on the mob with such weapons as you want to have personally. Only one of these traitors died by gun that day, when there could have been a bloodbath. And look at the thanks they got from some of the people whose lives they defended.

BTW: You keep blaming the Democratic Party, but you don't identify any policies to which you object, and there is no way that you can identify which party a judge supports, if any.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back