🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

San Jose railyard shooting....no AR-15 used, so press loses interest quickly. He used 3 hand guns.

What is wrong with you? Nobody in the US needs an AR-15 or anything similar. You can't hunt with them.

Tell me what the purpose of nonsense like this thread is. Gun nut-ery has gone way too far in this country. If you guys need these weapons to recover your masculinity, you probably never had any in the first place.
You liars are all the same.

Nearly 40,000 People Died From Guns in U.S. Last Year ...
Dec 18, 2018 · More people died from firearm injuries in the United States last year than in any other year since at least 1968, according to new data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. There...

Yawn, guy, 40,000 Americans die every year from guns. Very few of them are "evil people".
Yawn, girl. 40,000 Americans die in motor vehicle accidents every year. Very few of them are "evil people."

Ban cars.

But, only the cars that look scary.

Gun violence in the United States by state - Wikipedia

More people die falling off ladders every year than die in mass public shootings each year...ladders need to be banned.

( Ladder falling deaths....300, not specified by year
Ladder Safety

You tried to use the recent mass public shooting in San Jose to protect the democrats from their culpability in causing gun murder and gun crime in the U.S........you didn't use the 10,235 gun murder number because that number shows that my point on the democrats causing gun murder and crime is true.....

So when you pointed to the rarest of rare events, the mass public shooting.......I showed you that each year, mass public shootings kill fewer people than ladders do...

Now you are trying to shift the goal post and use all gun deaths vs. ladders......

You are not being honest........do you want to try again?

chicago-murder.png

Do you see the problem?

The Trace? Really........

Almost everyone of those cities has been under the direct control of the democrat party for decades....

What is wrong with you? Nobody in the US needs an AR-15 or anything similar. You can't hunt with them.

Tell me what the purpose of nonsense like this thread is. Gun nut-ery has gone way too far in this country. If you guys need these weapons to recover your masculinity, you probably never had any in the first place.
You liars are all the same.

Nearly 40,000 People Died From Guns in U.S. Last Year ...
Dec 18, 2018 · More people died from firearm injuries in the United States last year than in any other year since at least 1968, according to new data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. There...

Yes.....we get it....you have to include suicide in that number or else you don't get that number.........so you are now trying to be dishonest........

Gun murder 2019....

Gun suicide 2019...

Fact Check, Gun Control and Suicide

There is no relation between suicide rate and gun ownership rates around the world.

According to the 2016 World Health Statistics report, (2) suicide rates in the four countries cited as having restrictive gun control laws have suicide rates that are comparable to that in the U. S.: Australia, 11.6, Canada, 11.4, France, 15.8, UK, 7.0, and USA 13.7 suicides/100,000. By comparison, Japan has among the highest suicide rates in the world, 23.1/100,000, but gun ownership is extremely rare, 0.6 guns/100 people.
Suicide is a mental health issue. If guns are not available other means are used. Poisoning, in fact, is the most common method of suicide for U. S. females according to the Washington Post (34 % of suicides), and suffocation the second most common method for males (27%).
Secondly, gun ownership rates in France and Canada are not low, as is implied in the Post article. The rate of gun ownership in the U. S. is indeed high at 88.8 guns/100 residents, but gun ownership rates are also among the world’s highest in the other countries cited. Gun ownership rates in these countries are are as follows: Australia, 15, Canada, 30.8, France, 31.2, and UK 6.2 per 100 residents. (3,4) Gun ownership rates in Saudia Arabia are comparable to that in Canada and France, with 37.8 guns per 100 Saudi residents, yet the lowest suicide rate in the world is in Saudia Arabia (0.3 suicides per 100,000).
Third, recent statistics in the state of Florida show that nearly one third of the guns used in suicides are obtained illegally, putting these firearm deaths beyond control through gun laws.(5)
Fourth, the primary factors affecting suicide rates are personal stresses, cultural, economic, religious factors and demographics. According to the WHO statistics, the highest rates of suicide in the world are in the Republic of Korea, with 36.8 suicides per 100,000, but India, Japan, Russia, and Hungary all have rates above 20 per 100,000; roughly twice as high as the U.S. and the four countries that are the basis for the Post’s calculation that gun control would reduce U.S. suicide rates by 20 to 38 percent. Lebanon, Oman, and Iraq all have suicide rates below 1.1 per 100,000 people--less than 1/10 the suicide rate in the U. S., and Afghanistan, Algeria, Jamaica, Haiti, and Egypt have low suicide rates that are below 4 per 100,000 in contrast to 13.7 suicides/100,000 in the U. S.
========

Suicide rates: An overview

Suicide is not a gun issue...but you guys have to use it otherwise you can't push the emotion if normal people realize that almost all gun murder is committed against criminals, not normal people...

And yet Scotland has a higher suicide rate than the U.S......Japan, where only criminals and cops have guns, has a higher suicide rate than the U.S....Sweden has a higher suicide rate than the U.S....Denmark has a higher suicide rate than the u.S.....

France

Germany,

Hungary

Iceland

New Zealand

Poland

Norway

Japan

South Korea

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/suiciderate.html

14 Facts to understanding gun violence in America.

I am not reading that bullshit propaganda because it doesn't matter.

We're getting machine guns one way or another. Accept it.

Really? Who are you planning to shoot?

Wyoming has the most gun deaths.. Will they also need machine guns?

Because of suicide...not gun murder.......

Gun-related deaths reached 40-year peak 2017, CDC study ...

Dec 17, 2018 · In October 2017, a gunman opened fire on a Las Vegas crowd of 22,000 concertgoers, killing 58 and injuring nearly 500. The following month, a gunman …

Yeah....again....he used a rifle at several hundred yards.....firing from a concealed and fortified position, into an unsuspecting crowd, deafened by the music so they couldn't hear the initial gun fire.....firing into a tightly packed crowd of over 22,000 people...

Had he tried to fire anywhere else, the death toll would have been smaller since people could have escaped or hidden and hitting moving targets at that range is almost impossible...

Then....

Vegas shooter....

killing 58 and injuring nearly 500

Nice, France......muslim terrorist killed 87, wounded 435....

The truck, driving for 5 minutes killed more people........like to try again?

Do you even try to think for yourself?

Gun deaths in Wyoming, from an anti-gun extremist site...

86% were by suicide...not gun murder...

CDC Gun Death Report: Almost 40,000 People Died in 2017 | Time
Dec 15, 2018 · That’s leading doctors and researchers to increasingly view gun violence as a public health issue. Of the nearly 40,000 who died by firearms in 2017…

Looks like gun deaths increased under Republican Trump.

Gun murder increased because the democrat party began an active campaign to attack and undermine the police............ do you even try to think about these things?

The democrat party and their support and defense of the racist, marxist, blm and antifa, and their calls to prosecute and defund the police kept the police from pro-active police work...which has increased gun crime, and all crime in democrat party controlled cities...........

Democrats are causing our gun crime problem...... what about that do you not want to understand?

Gun suicide is OK I suppose. Wonder why it increased so much in 2017.

Why do people need a Ford Mustang, or a Dodge Challanger?

Neither automobile is a weapon.

196991-full.jpg

Cars kill more people than guns do.....we need to ban them...

2019..... cars killed 39,107 people.....

2019, guns, used illegally......killed 10,235 people...

A Truck, used by a muslim terrorist in Nice France murdered more people than even the Las Vegas shooter.........

Truck in Nice, France....87 people killed.

Las Vegas shooter....61 people....

You really don't see any difference between a gun and an automobile????
Both are tools. Both are involved in 40,000 deaths a year. One you DON'T have a right to own or use.

I get a sense that on this board you are blaming either Democrats or victims for gun deaths.

Child%20Firearm%20injuries%20and%20deaths%202013-2015%20bar%20graph.png

I get a sense that you aren't serious about actual crime....you just want to ban guns because you don't like them.

If you were serious...you would look at the democrat party and their policies and their direct link to increased gun crime and murder...but you support the democrats and hate guns.......

Dec 15, 2018 · That’s leading doctors and researchers to increasingly view gun violence as a public health issue. Of the nearly 40,000 who died by firearms in 2017…

Gun murder increased because the democrat party began an active campaign to attack and undermine the police............ do you even try to think about these things?

The democrat party and their support and defense of the racist, marxist, blm and antifa, and their calls to prosecute and defund the police kept the police from pro-active police work...which has increased gun crime, and all crime in democrat party controlled cities...........

Democrats are causing our gun crime problem...... what about that do you not want to understand?

Sounds like a real easy cop out to me.

196991-full.jpg

A Truck, used by a muslim terrorist in Nice France murdered more people than even the Las Vegas shooter.........

Both are tools. Both are involved in 40,000 deaths a year. One you DON'T have a right to own or use.

I get a sense that on this board you are blaming either Democrats or victims for gun deaths.

I get a sense that you aren't serious about actual crime....you just want to ban guns because you don't like them.

If you were serious...you would look at the democrat party and their policies and their direct link to increased gun crime and murder...but you support the democrats and hate guns.......

I don't mind guns. We have several.. I just think we should have very strict gun regulation.

Gun suicide is OK I suppose. Wonder why it increased so much in 2017.

Are you going to blame Trump? For individual acts? Considering it was only his first year in office while obama had 8 years to wreck the country?

A cop out? When I can give you a list of their actual policies that allow repeat gun offenders to be released over and over again?

The people doing the shootings are a tiny number of people in democrat party controlled cities...but the democrats refuse to keep them in custody...so they go out and keep using illegal guns and shooting people...

You want the list?

196991-full.jpg

I don't mind guns. We have several.. I just think we should have very strict gun regulation.

We have strict gun regulation....criminals and the dangerously mentally ill can't have them.....

Our problem is the democrats keep letting the criminals who shoot people, out of jail and prison over and over again.

From the Washington Post....anti-gun extremist news org.

As the below charts show, Democratic areas (measured by the party that controls the congressional district) are far more likely to experience almost all forms of malicious gun violence than Republican areas. These charts exclude suicides, for which data are not available on a congressional district basis, so it only breaks down the fraction of gun violence that is accidental or confrontational.
--------

A distinct pattern emerged: In Democratic regions of the country, which tend to be cities, people are more likely to be murdered with a gun than they are to shoot themselves to death.

In regions of the country won by Republicans, which tend to be rural areas and small towns, the opposite is true — people are more likely to shoot themselves to death than they are to be murdered with a gun.
----
In the most Democratic regions, gun violence is more often committed against another, crimes that probably generate more news coverage and fear. In the most Republican areas, it is more often committed against oneself, suicides that may not attract as much attention.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...prising-way-gun-violence-is-dividing-america/

196991-full.jpg

Now, do the same for motor vehicular collisions.

Half of gun deaths are the fault of the victims.

You mean blame the victims or the Deocrats?
The users. Half "victims" are the users. Suicide is a bullshit stat to include in gun deaths.

Don't sit here and act like 1/2 of the deaths are caused by gun violence or accidents.

i'm not blaming you faggots.

196991-full.jpg

You might convince me that you are not out to ban anything but Fudd weapons if you were ACTUALLY willing to compromise.

I have had several mental health evaluations for work purposes with no issues and I have never even been arrested. I've had plenty of gun training and safety courses. I have no criminal motive whatsoever. I am safe.

I should be allowed to own full-autos.

Where is the compromise?

Yawn, guy, 40,000 Americans die every year from guns. Very few of them are "evil people".
Yawn, girl. 40,000 Americans die in motor vehicle accidents every year. Very few of them are "evil people."

Ban cars.

More people die falling off ladders every year than die in mass public shootings each year...ladders need to be banned.

Ladder Safety

R6f7a101c49eaa438a2cf83e4d6225096
MMk%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

Do you realize that Louisiana, illinois? Their major cities and the location of all of their gun murder have been controlled by democrats for decades?

Chicago...democrat party control since 1931

Baton Rouge...except for a republicans 2001-2005 democrats since 1872

New Orleans....democrats since 1872

And again....86% of gun deaths in Wyoming are suicides...not gun murder........

Ban cars.

Ladder Safety

R6f7a101c49eaa438a2cf83e4d6225096
MMk%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

And what you don't understand or care about....

Gun murder 2019....10,235

Case Closed: Kleck Is Still Correct

that makes for at least 176,000 lives saved—less some attackers who lost their lives to defenders. This enormous benefit dwarfs, both in human and economic terms, the losses trumpeted by hoplophobes who only choose to see the risk side of the equation.

==============
Annual Defensive Gun Use Savings Dwarf Study's "Gun Violence" Costs - The Truth About Guns

I was going to go on and calculate the costs of incarceration ($50K/year) saved by people killing 1527 criminals annually, and then look at the lifetime cost to society of an average criminal (something in excess of $1 million). But all of that would be a drop in the bucket compared to the $1,000,000,000,000 ($1T) annual benefit of gun ownership.
--------

It’s one of the antis’ favorite tricks: cost benefit analysis omitting the benefit side of the equation. So what are the financial benefits of firearm ownership to society? Read on . . .

In my post Dennis Henigan on Chardon: Clockwork Edition, I did an analysis of how many lives were saved annually in Defensive Gun Uses (DGUs). I used extremely conservative numbers. Now I am going to use some less conservative ones.
--------------

How can we get a dollar figure from 1.88 million defensive gun uses per year? Never fear, faithful reader, we can count on the .gov to calculate everything.

According to the AZ state government, in February of 2008 a human life was worth $6.5 million. Going to the Inflation Calculator and punching in the numbers gives us a present value of $6.93 million.

So figuring that the average DGU saves one half of a person’s life—as “gun violence” predominantly affects younger demographics—that gives us $3.465 million per half life.

Putting this all together, we find that the monetary benefit of guns (by way of DGUs) is roughly $1.02 trillion per year. That’s trillion. With a ‘T’.

I was going to go on and calculate the costs of incarceration ($50K/year) saved by people killing 1527 criminals annually, and then look at the lifetime cost to society of an average criminal (something in excess of $1 million). But all of that would be a drop in the bucket compared to the $1,000,000,000,000 ($1T) annual benefit of gun ownership.

When compared to the (inflation adjusted from 2002) $127.5 billion ‘cost’ of gun violence calculated by by our Ludwig-Cook buddies, guns save a little more than eight times what they “cost.”

Which, I might add, is completely irrelevant since “the freedom to own and carry the weapon of your choice is a natural, fundamental, and inalienable human, individual, civil, and Constitutional right — subject neither to the democratic process nor to arguments grounded in social utility.”

So even taking Motherboard’s own total and multiplying it by 100, the benefits to society of civilian gun ownership dwarf the associated costs.

Forum List

Back