Sanctuary City Reaoning Meets the 2nd Amendment

It's not the same thing.
It's totally the same thing....Elements of The State ignoring its own laws when they don't like them....Splitting hairs over whether one is in the BoR or not is beside the point.

Immigration falls directly under the federal government's legitimate authority. The federal government has the legitimate power to enact and enforce laws concerning immigration, and the states have no authority to defy such laws.

The right to keep and bear arms belongs to the people, not to the states, nor to the federal government. Any level of government is acting illegally, when it interferes with this right.

It's not the same thing.

You're absolutely right. Owning firearms is constitutionally-protected right.

But there's no "constitutional" right for a city to give shelter to a criminal illegal.
In fact, the Washington State Constitution is even more explicit in protecting the right to keep and bear arms.
Oh, I understand that just fine...Y'all are being too defensive about this...Turn about is fair play.
Defensive? Not at all. Just making sure that the facts that the left are going to ignore is put out there right up front.
How about just saying; "you get to ignore laws when you don't like them, so what gives?"
Thanks, but I think that I'll say what I want to say. Just like My facts, the left is going to ignore the turnabout if fair play, when in fact it isn't turnabout because sanctuary cities have no basis in law whereas gun ownership does.

Have a nice night.

The US is becoming balkanized. The rule of law is becoming a choice.

The solution will be the same as the Balkans.

Two separate "rules of law": One for the rich elitist ruling-class liberals, and one for the rest of us. Can you imagine the prison time the rest of us would be serving, if we tried to get away with some of the things Hillary did?

NBC News anchor David Gregory once displayed a high-capacity magazine on a broadcast, which was illegal in DC. Yet the District of Columbia declined to prosecute. You or I would still be behind bars.

Last edited:
It's not the same thing.
It's totally the same thing....Elements of The State ignoring its own laws when they don't like them....Splitting hairs over whether one is in the BoR or not is beside the point.

Immigration falls directly under the federal government's legitimate authority. The federal government has the legitimate power to enact and enforce laws concerning immigration, and the states have no authority to defy such laws.

The right to keep and bear arms belongs to the people, not to the states, nor to the federal government. Any level of government is acting illegally, when it interferes with this right.
Oh, just fucking forget I ever brought it up.

Liberals think a bunch of crap that isn't even in the Constitution are rights but those that are specifically mentioned are subject to their interpretation.

Forum List

Back