Sanders just submitted college for all bill.

Lol,

It is called investment in our own people. You people that think we can bring in millions of h1b's to do our jobs are the sick ones.

Sanders is doing something for Americans.

It's called some of us being forced to invest in kids that their own parents won't invest in. How about their parents do the investing if it's that good of an idea?

Anyone smart enough to excel in college will win a scholarship or figure out a way to pay for it. (Like I did). Spending tax money to send dolts to left wing propaganda camps is a waste of resources. We already have enough French History majors slinging hash at the local diner. Since the Department of Education was established, the federal government has thrown fortunes at a broken system with the only result being less educated waiters and waitresses.

To anyone hyping the idea of throwing more billions down the rat hole of the American (un)education system, I'd ask, "Have you talked to a recent college grad these days?" I do regularly. What they don't know is stunning. It makes sense why Dims want more of these confused adult children wandering around. They're easy to herd and control.
meme29.jpg

My daughter started college in August. As you said, those smart enough to excel in college will get scholarships. She received over $28,000 for each of her 4 years. While that doesn't cover it all as the total per year where she attends is $34,000, I am investing in her with the remaining balance. I'm glad to do it.

I know you understand this but to those who don't, all of her scholarships are academic and you don't get them by sitting on your ass demanding someone else invest in your future.

Most nutbags are barely making a living and all they can do is bitch about how those of us with decent incomes may have to pay a few bucks more in order to live in a nation where everyone is more highly educated.

How about the parents of these kids you think I should pay more in taxes to educate invest in their own kids?

At least he's not a geriatric Commie.

Yeah, Putin is 63. Not geriatric necessarily, but all those shirtless photos are of a man trying waaaay too hard. The Right needs to get over its infatuation with him.

Free stuff for everybody!

It's not "free stuff."

But keep telling yourself that.

I don't like strongman Commies, like Putin, or weak man Commies, like Obama.
And the Commies who just want to give away Trillions more to buy votes, like Sanders, Warren and Clinton suck too.
So "commie" is code for "everyone who doesn't think like me."

This was a really good discussion up to now...

It DESCRIBES people who, when a group wants something, goes about forcing another group they think has too much money to fund it for that first group. No one is owed a college education. Commies describes anyone who, when faced with a problem, looks to the government as the first, last, and only way to do something.

Most nutbags are barely making a living and all they can do is bitch about how those of us with decent incomes may have to pay a few bucks more in order to live in a nation where everyone is more highly educated.

How about the parents of these kids you think I should pay more in taxes to educate invest in their own kids?

Yes, dummy. I think education is an investment in this nation. One that pays dividends that go beyond your EZ 1040. If nutbags could think big picture......they'd be able to see how a populace of highly educated people is preferable..................for the health of the nation.

Those kids who WE help educate will be taxpayers. It all comes back in time. Give some real thought to the matter for a change.

Anyone smart enough to excel in college will win a scholarship or figure out a way to pay for it. (Like I did). Spending tax money to send dolts to left wing propaganda camps is a waste of resources. We already have enough French History majors slinging hash at the local diner. Since the Department of Education was established, the federal government has thrown fortunes at a broken system with the only result being less educated waiters and waitresses.

To anyone hyping the idea of throwing more billions down the rat hole of the American (un)education system, I'd ask, "Have you talked to a recent college grad these days?" I do regularly. What they don't know is stunning. It makes sense why Dims want more of these confused adult children wandering around. They're easy to herd and control.
meme29.jpg

My daughter started college in August. As you said, those smart enough to excel in college will get scholarships. She received over $28,000 for each of her 4 years. While that doesn't cover it all as the total per year where she attends is $34,000, I am investing in her with the remaining balance. I'm glad to do it.

I know you understand this but to those who don't, all of her scholarships are academic and you don't get them by sitting on your ass demanding someone else invest in your future.

Where do the scholarships come from? Do you know?

Yes, dummy. I think education is an investment in this nation. One that pays dividends that go beyond your EZ 1040. If nutbags could think big picture......they'd be able to see how a populace of highly educated people is preferable..................for the health of the nation.

Those kids who WE help educate will be taxpayers. It all comes back in time. Give some real thought to the matter for a change.

If it's as good of an investment as you think, why aren't the parents of the kids you want to provide an education investing in their own? You seem to be missing the part that if it's not a good enough one for them, it's not a good enough one for those of us who aren't their parents.

If you think it's such a good investment, find someone whose parents are so low they won't invest in their own and pay their tuition. I invest in MINE. If other parents don't think their kids are good enough to invest in, neither should I.

meme29.jpg

She attends a PRIVATE university where what she received was from private funding. Next implication. Not everyone is like you and expects the government to fund for them.

I already pay to much taxes

no more

-Geaux

No you don't.

Even with the write-offs, I pay to much

And not another dime should go to stupid liberal programs

They have my money its up to them to decide what to do with what they have

Just like me

-Geaux

meme29.jpg

She attends a PRIVATE university where what she received was from private funding. Next implication. Not everyone is like you and expects the government to fund for them.

You don't know, then. Just as I expected.

meme29.jpg

You don't know, then. Just as I expected.
Yep, when someone can't carry their own water they expect someone else to.

I bet liberals are the biggest litter bugs out there for the same reason above

-Geaux

I wonder if he plans on giving everyone a refund who paid for their own college education if he gets his way when he becomes king of everything FREE?

That would be only fair right?

He better be raising them taxes on everyone to about 80%. so that government can take care of you from cradle to grave.

snip:
Danes Rethink a Welfare State Ample to a Fault
By SUZANNE DALEYAPRIL 20, 2013

COPENHAGEN — It began as a stunt intended to prove that hardship and poverty still existed in this small, wealthy country, but it backfired badly. Visit a single mother of two on welfare, a liberal member of Parliament goaded a skeptical political opponent, see for yourself how hard it is.

Denmark has been at work overhauling entitlements, trying to prod Danes into working more or longer or both. While much of southern Europe has been racked by strikes and protests as its creditors force austerity measures, Denmark still has a coveted AAA bond rating.

But Denmark’s long-term outlook is troubling. The population is aging, and in many regions of the country people without jobs now outnumber those with them.
Some of that is a result of a depressed economy. But many experts say a more basic problem is the proportion of Danes who are not participating in the work force at all — be they dawdling university students, young pensioners or welfare recipients like Carina who lean on hefty government support.

“Before the crisis there was a sense that there was always going to be more and more,” Bjarke Moller, the editor in chief of publications for Mandag Morgen, a research group in Copenhagen. “But that is not true anymore. There are a lot of pressures on us right now. We need to be an agile society to survive.”

“In the past, people never asked for help unless they needed it,” said Karen Haekkerup, the minister of social affairs and integration, who has been outspoken on the subject. “My grandmother was offered a pension and she was offended. She did not need it.

“But now people do not have that mentality. They think of these benefits as their rights. The rights have just expanded and expanded. And it has brought us a good quality of life. But now we need to go back to the rights and the duties. We all have to contribute.”

In 2012, a little over 2.6 million people between the ages of 15 and 64 were working in Denmark, 47 percent of the total population and 73 percent of the 15- to 64-year-olds.

While only about 65 percent of working age adults are employed in the United States, comparisons are misleading, since many Danes work short hours and all enjoy perks like long vacations and lengthy paid maternity leaves, not to speak of a de facto minimum wage approaching $20 an hour. Danes would rank much lower in terms of hours worked per year.

In addition, the work force has far more older people to support. About 18 percent of Denmark’s population is over 65, compared with 13 percent in the United States.

all of it here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/21/w...nk-a-welfare-state-ample-to-a-fault.html?_r=1

Forum List

Back