Satanic Group unveils Satan Statue Design for Oklahoma Capitol

So why are the Ten Commandments a graven image..when your bible isn't?
Aren't you able to read?

If you worship your Bible, it is a graven image too....just like the statue of the 10 Commandments has become an icon of worship....to be placed in public buildings.

Oh, I know. Because the Ten Commandments aren't a graven image. You were lying about the bible in order to make a cheap point. Which you still weren't able to make.

You're quite a *christian* there, dolt.
Obviously you are just a troll in this thread...go ahead and continue talking to yourself because I'm through trying to explain it to you.....you can't explain things to a rock.

You're a ding dong.

And you aren't a Christian. Not even a poor one. You're lying if you say you are.

"

2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Psalm 119:105

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Romans 15:4

For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

I was just tweaking you a bit before when I called you stupid. I had no idea you truly were as stupid as you obviously are. I'm sorry for you.

I would love it if these yahoos raised the tens of thousands of dollars, then erected the thing...and then got to experience it being leveled by irate citizens.

Cuz that is what will happen. Every time it goes up.

Freedom of religion?

I've never understood why people think that they need their religious symbols to be promoted by the state. What is that all about anyway?

Your rights come from God so if the state gets rid of the Ten commandments then they will take away your God given rights as well.
false! there is no evidence that god gave us rights....
people worked, fought, bled and died for them...if the fantasy that god gave them to us helps you sleep at night keep it...

You're a ding dong.

And you aren't a Christian. Not even a poor one. You're lying if you say you are.

"

2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Psalm 119:105

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Romans 15:4

For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

I was just tweaking you a bit before when I called you stupid. I had no idea you truly were as stupid as you obviously are. I'm sorry for you.
The Ten Commandments: The Second Commandment

Oh, yes, an atheist is the best source for bibilcal understanding.

Get outta here, ya moron.

Oh, yes, an atheist is the best source for bibilcal understanding.

Get outta here, ya moron.
why thank you! atheism gives me a distinct advantage over believers as it is far more objective and accurate pov about the bible.
it gives me the ability to correctly discern fact from fantasy..
more importantly, it gets your granny panties in a much tighter bunch then they usually are..

As fun as mythical creatures are, I don't see the relevance of having them on public property.

No reason pay homage to genocidal maniacs (like Moses) either.

Go to law school. The 10 Commandments are considered a 'source of law' in our modern times. Out legal system is based on English common law and the 10 were part and parcel of that.

They are not the only source of law in the US, but they are one source. They are often displayed as such in courthouses around the country.

As fun as mythical creatures are, I don't see the relevance of having them on public property.

Go to law school. The 10 Commandments are considered a 'source of law' in our modern times. Out legal system is based on English common law and the 10 were part and parcel of that.

They are not the only source of law in the US, but they are one source. They are often displayed as such in courthouses around the country.
false ! One of the arguments most frequently offered for the creation of Ten Commandments plaques, monuments, or displays on government property is that they are the foundation of American (or Western) law. Having the Ten Commandments displayed is thus supposed to be a way of acknowledging the roots of our laws and our government. But is this really valid?

It is difficult to make any sort of case for the idea that the Ten Commandments, taken as a whole, really constitute the basis for American law. It’s obvious that some of the Commandments forbid actions that are also forbidden in American law, but then again the same parallels can be found in laws throughout the world. Are the Ten Commandments the basis for Chinese law, merely because murder and theft are forbidden in China?

Perhaps the problems with this claim will become more clear if we take the Commandments individually and ask where in American law they are expressed. We’ll use a pseudo-Protestant version of the Commandments which is similar to the most popular listings found in public displays.

Ten Commandments and the Origins of Law

One possible interpretation of the claim that the Ten Commandments are the basis for American law is that "the law," as an abstract notion, has its origins outside of humanity. Laws are ultimately based upon commands stemming from God and are binding upon all people — including kings, aristocrats, and other "higher" members of society.

Of course, it is obvious that this is a theological proposition. There is nothing the least bit secular about this and the government has no authority to endorse such a view. It is even arguably a sectarian theological proposition because it singles out the Ten Commandments for special treatment as coming from "outside humanity," a position which traditional Jews would not accept because they regard the entire Torah has having divine origins. If this is what people mean when they say that the Ten Commandments are the basis for American law, then it's an invalid reason for posting the commandments on government property.

Ten Commandments: Basis for American Law? Comparing American Law with the Ten Commandments

Last edited:
I am amazed at the people who have a bigger issue with the 10 Commandments than they do with Satanism.

I do not know of a single thing that Satanists or the Satanic religion has contributed to the founding or building of our country.

So there is no reason for it's presence to be on the Capitol grounds. ... :cool:

false ! One of the arguments most frequently offered for the creation of Ten Commandments plaques, monuments, or displays on government property is that they are the foundation of American (or Western) law. Having the Ten Commandments displayed is thus supposed to be a way of acknowledging the roots of our laws and our government. But is this really valid?

It is difficult to make any sort of case for the idea that the Ten Commandments, taken as a whole, really constitute the basis for American law. It’s obvious that some of the Commandments forbid actions that are also forbidden in American law, but then again the same parallels can be found in laws throughout the world. Are the Ten Commandments the basis for Chinese law, merely because murder and theft are forbidden in China?

Perhaps the problems with this claim will become more clear if we take the Commandments individually and ask where in American law they are expressed. We’ll use a pseudo-Protestant version of the Commandments which is similar to the most popular listings found in public displays.

One possible interpretation of the claim that the Ten Commandments are the basis for American law is that "the law," as an abstract notion, has its origins outside of humanity. Laws are ultimately based upon commands stemming from God and are binding upon all people — including kings, aristocrats, and other "higher" members of society.

Of course, it is obvious that this is a theological proposition. There is nothing the least bit secular about this and the government has no authority to endorse such a view. It is even arguably a sectarian theological proposition because it singles out the Ten Commandments for special treatment as coming from "outside humanity," a position which traditional Jews would not accept because they regard the entire Torah has having divine origins. If this is what people mean when they say that the Ten Commandments are the basis for American law, then it's an invalid reason for posting the commandments on government property.

Ten Commandments: Basis for American Law? Comparing American Law with the Ten Commandments

That is from an atheist website. I would expect no less. However, I have a JD and I had the classes and the 10 Commandments ARE considered a source of law in the US. Take the class. You might learn something.

I do not know of a single thing that Satanists or the Satanic religion has contributed to the founding or building of our country.

So there is no reason for it's presence to be on the Capitol grounds. ... :cool:
neither has Scientology or many other religious sects I could name
besides it's irrelevant....if one faith can have monuments they all can...yeah, freedom of expression and religion is a bitch for you guys..

That is from an atheist website. I would expect no less. However, I have a JD and I had the classes and the 10 Commandments ARE considered a source of law in the US. Take the class. You might learn something.
so what it does not make it any less accurate.....JD? SURE YOU DO....

so what it does not make it any less accurate.....JD? SURE YOU DO....

I wish had saved that neg for THIS post.

I am amazed at the people who have a bigger issue with the 10 Commandments than they do with Satanism.
IT MIGHT BE because satanism has never gotten anybody killed...

And you have read up on EVERY single murder in the US to now this? I didn't think so.
ARE THERE NO PROVEN CASES OF SATANISM CAUSING DEATH OR MURDER ..
LOOK IT UP...
you not thinking so is not germane..but it is funny!

Of course satanists have killed people.

"The Beasts of Satan (Italian: Bestie di Satana) were a group of young satanists and a satanic cult[1] in Italy. The members of this group committed three notorious ritual murders over six years, which shocked Italy upon their discovery.."

Beasts of Satan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Deputy Dist. Atty. Heba Matta, who prosecuted the case, said he was more motivated by satanic beliefs, which he was "heavily entrenched in."
Matta said Meraz-Espinoza has numerous tattoos that draw on satanic imagery, such as upside-down crosses and a 666 behind his right ear. Authorities recovered his copy of a satanic bible near the crime scene. The date he chose to strangle and dismember his mother, Feb. 2, 2011, also fell on a day in the satanic calendar that calls for ritual human or animal sacrifice.
"This crime was not in the heat of passion or rash and impulsive," Matta said. "It was done for the purpose of devotion. That's pretty much the ultimate sacrifice."

Man given 25 years in mother's 'satanic' killing - Los Angeles Times

"
Fifteen year old Elyse Marie Pahler was "sacrificed to Satan" by three San Luis Obispo, CA teen-agers in one of the most grisly murders on record. "

http://www.examiner.com/article/satanic-or-ritualistic-crime-and-murder

"
On Saturday police found his head at the home of a 17-year-old boy who was arrested in connection with what is thought to have been a Satanic killing. Western Cape police spokesman Lieutenant Andre Traut said the boy will appear in the Parow Magistrate's Court today.
"Paraphernalia suggesting that Satanism is a motive was found at the residence of the suspect," said Traut."

http://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2013/10/21/gruesome-find-in-suspected-satanic-murder

Last edited:

Forum List

Back