Satanic Group unveils Satan Statue Design for Oklahoma Capitol

Thread cleaned.

The Administration and the Moderation Team are serious in their efforts to have a civil discourse as it pertains to the OP and any further posts which violate Zone 2 rules will be viewed in a more serious manner where infractions will be administered on a case by case basis.

What you said was inconsequential We have plenty of nice things in America, you must also be blind and not just dumb not to see that.

Nobody gives a crap what you call anyone.....you always have demeaning things to say about people who call out your ignorance....instead of trying to learn, so quit bragging about being a Christian....nobody believes you can pray and talk the way you do with the same mouth.

Ephesians 4:29 ESV
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Poor mertex. Plenty of people care what I have to say. You care what I have to say.
Sure they do....and they are very much like you. I really don't care what you have to say, I usually skip past your inane posts....but, you responded to me, so I responded back...such a waste of my time.

So tell me how a statue of the ten commandments is a graven image. Who prays to it?
:cuckoo::lol::lol::lol:
Praying is not the only form of worship....but obviously you don't know that. Idolizing the 10 commandments that you want them planted in a public building is a form of worship....by the way, I'm surprised that you aren't rooting for the Satanic group.

No, erecting a monument to the ten commandments is not calling people to worship the commandments, rather than god.

Fail. Again.

You're quite the Christian. So do you think words are craven images? After all, they represent the word of God. Yikes.:lol::lol::lol:

[MENTION=11674]Sunni Man[/MENTION], what's gotten into you? I know I've been offline for a while, but really, your threads today are on the back side of beyond! LOL.

Thread cleaned.

The Administration and the Moderation Team are serious in their efforts to have a civil discourse as it pertains to the OP and any further posts which violate Zone 2 rules will be viewed in a more serious manner where infractions will be administered on a case by case basis.

OMG! I think I sinned before I saw this. :eek:

Is there any hope for me? I am thinking not.

Last edited:
Can't allow one without allowing the other.

zactly.

Even though they don't like the Constitution, ALL religions need to keep their idols in their churches.

Really? And the president isn't sworn in on a holy book. And Congress doesn't start with a prayer. The intent of the Establishment Clause is not to obliterate all religion from the public sensibilities.

Satanism? Geeze. I've had some dealings with them in the psych hospitals. There is a Satanic group in middle Tennessee. I know the name of it, but no, I won't tell you what it is. I had patients, who have been sexually abused in the rituals. There are several of them in the area. Wanna join? If you try to get out of it they will take your life. Those things are done in private, so I guess that passes your muster. But then you are on a sicker roll today than usual.

Last edited:
As fun as mythical creatures are, I don't see the relevance of having them on public property.

No reason pay homage to genocidal maniacs (like Moses) either.

No, not in the sense that mertex is claiming they are.

She is pretending that the ten commandments are a *graven image* as referenced in the bible...and in the bible, *graven image* specifically alludes to objects that are worshipped as, or in the place of, gods.

The way some Republican conservatives insist on displaying statues of the 10 Commandments very well may be considered as a form of worship.

So, what I hear you saying is that you would have no problem with Muslims demanding that a statue of their 10 Commandments be placed in public buildings, too, and their's go something like this.

The Noble Quran's Equivalence or Better
1- "Thou shalt have no other gods before me. (From the KJV Bible, Exodus 20:3)" "Abraham was not a Jew nor yet a Christian; but he was true in Faith, and bowed his will to God's (Which is Islam), and he joined not gods with God. (The Noble Quran, 3:67)"
"God forgiveth not (The sin of) joining other gods with Him; but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sins than this: one who joins other gods with God, Hath strayed far, far away (from the right). (The Noble Quran, 4:116)"

"Say: He is God, the One and Only; God, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him. (The Noble Quran, 112:1-4)"

"Lo! Abraham said to his father Azar: "Takest thou idols for gods? For I see thee and thy people in manifest error." (The Noble Quran, 6:74)"

"This is the guidance of God: He giveth that guidance to whom He pleaseth, of His worshippers. If they were to join other gods with Him, all that they did would be vain for them. (The Noble Quran, 6:88)"

"Follow what thou art taught by inspiration from thy Lord: there is no god but He: and turn aside from those who join gods with God. (The Noble Quran, 6:106)"

Way to go......

Of course it is. It's at the root of all Western culture justice systems.

Poor ignorant yahoo.

Yeah, like we put to death adulterers....., and we burn to death prostitutes....you really live in a bubble. You have much to learn.

Adultery punishment in the Bible's Old and New Testaments:

The following Verses are from the NIV Bible:

Exodus 20:14 "You shall not commit adultery."

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

Proverbs 6:32 "But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself." He destroys himself by being put to death as shown above.

Leviticus 21:9 "And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire." Why should only a daughter of a priest gets burnt to death if she profanes herself? Why can't this law apply to all daughters?

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 "If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity." This doesn't make any sense what so ever! Why should the woman get her hands cut off for defending her husband? It's not like she was cheating on him or anything like that!

What you said was inconsequential We have plenty of nice things in America, you must also be blind and not just dumb not to see that.

Nobody gives a crap what you call anyone.....you always have demeaning things to say about people who call out your ignorance....instead of trying to learn, so quit bragging about being a Christian....nobody believes you can pray and talk the way you do with the same mouth.

Ephesians 4:29 ESV
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Poor mertex. Plenty of people care what I have to say. You care what I have to say.

So tell me how a statue of the ten commandments is a graven image. Who prays to it?

Is it true that statues and graven images are also forbidden according to the Bible?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Yes, that is clearly Prohibited in Bible.

"You shall no other gods before me" [Exodus 20:3]

"You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or no the earth beneath or in the waters below" [Exodus 20:4]

"You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, The Lord ur God, am a Jealous God.." [Exodus 20:5]

"Do not make idols or SET UP AN IMAGE..I am the LORD your God." [Leviticus, 26:1]

Yet, Christians (Catholics and Non-catholics) Dare to make images and portraits of God Almighty Himself!

Is it true that statues and graven images are also forbidden according to the Bible? - Yahoo Answers

KG'S DENIAL IN 5....4...3..2.1

What it actually boils down to, is that KG doesn't have a problem with Islam's 10 Commandments being housed in any public building, because as a Christian she wants to be fair....and if the Christian 10 commandments are allowed, then she has no problem with any other form of religious instruction in the form of a statue being given the same privilege....she just doesn't know it.

Is it true that statues and graven images are also forbidden according to the Bible?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Yes, that is clearly Prohibited in Bible.

"You shall no other gods before me" [Exodus 20:3]

"You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or no the earth beneath or in the waters below" [Exodus 20:4]

"You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, The Lord ur God, am a Jealous God.." [Exodus 20:5]

"Do not make idols or SET UP AN IMAGE..I am the LORD your God." [Leviticus, 26:1]

Yet, Christians (Catholics and Non-catholics) Dare to make images and portraits of God Almighty Himself!

Is it true that statues and graven images are also forbidden according to the Bible? - Yahoo Answers

KG'S DENIAL IN 5....4...3..2.1

What it actually boils down to, is that KG doesn't have a problem with Islam's 10 Commandments being housed in any public building, because as a Christian she wants to be fair....and if the Christian 10 commandments are allowed, then she has no problem with any other form of religious instruction in the form of a statue being given the same privilege....she just doesn't know it.

I've never said I had a problem with any statue being erected anywhere, as long as it's supported by the community where it stands.

And still Mertex the Dim hasn't answered...is the written word of God a graven image? She maintains that all representations of abstract concepts are "graven images" so surely the Word is, too.....

She also hasn't pointed out who, exactly, is worshipping the ten commandments in place of God. This is a new cult to me. I look forward to being provided some information about it.

I've never understood why people think that they need their religious symbols to be promoted by the state. What is that all about anyway?

the kids being there is just the awesome.
But they need to give him 'duck face' to go with him throwing up the dueces

couple side notes

this is state property, so sep of church and state doesn't apply
So, fed laws don't apply to states? :cuckoo:

First Amendment & Federalism - Does First Amendment Apply to State Governments?

FYI, Christians are the ones that are putting up the 10 Commandment icons, not the Jewish people.

and theres been a few incan/myan stuff put up. I recall a jaguar god/goddess going up a couple of years ago. oddly, liberals didn't give a fuck
Why should libs care, it's the conservative Christians that are going to mount up a fight....yet they want to be able to put Christian icons on public buildings.

Fed property is off limits.

state property is not.
Link please, because in Alabama, they were forced to remove a statue of the 10 Commandments in a "state" building.

Following a seven-day trial, U.S. District Judge Myron Thompson gave Chief Justice Roy Moore 30 days to remove the two-and-a-half ton monument to the Judeo-Christian text he had erected last year in the rotunda of the State Judicial Building.

The federal court held that Moore violated the Constitution when he "installed a two-and-a-half ton monument in the most prominent place in a government building, managed with dollars from all state taxpayers, with the specific purpose and effect of establishing a permanent recognition of the 'sovereignty of God,' the Judeo-Christian God, over all citizens in this country, regardless of each taxpaying citizen's individual personal beliefs or lack thereof. To this, the Establishment clause says no."

https://www.aclu.org/religion-belief/alabamas-chief-judge-ordered-remove-ten-commandments-monument-courthouse

Take the time to think about it.
Yes, I thought about it, and I think you're pulling information out of your rear.

You can't answer the question, because you're an ill informed idiot, who jumped into the deep (well, middling deep) water.

Better luck next time, know nothing.

And still Mertex the Dim hasn't answered...is the written word of God a graven image? She maintains that all representations of abstract concepts are "graven images" so surely the Word is, too.....
Say's the one that doesn't apply what the Bible says, to her own actions but wants to give the impression she knows the Bible so well......

If you are worshipping the Bible, then yes, it has become an idol to you and can be considered a graven image. It is a book, printed by men....whose main purpose is to teach us...it is very clear that God is the only one that is to be worshipped. Geez, as much as you claim to be a Christian, you would think you would know such basic things.

Romans 15:4
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.

She also hasn't pointed out who, exactly, is worshipping the ten commandments in place of God. This is a new cult to me. I look forward to being provided some information about it.

All the folks who are insisting the image of the Ten Commandments be adored and given special treatment, even on government property are worshiping the Ten Commandments, along with that ijit in Alabama, who went to trial over a 10 Commandment statue.....surely you don't spend that kind of money to keep a masonry statue in public property unless you worship it.

You can't answer the question, because you're an ill informed idiot, who jumped into the deep (well, middling deep) water.

Better luck next time, know nothing.

Who are you talking to? Yourself......because you didn't quote anyone and it appears that you are calling yourself all the names that apply to you.

So why are the Ten Commandments a graven image..when your bible isn't?

Oh, I know. Because the Ten Commandments aren't a graven image. You were lying about the bible in order to make a cheap point. Which you still weren't able to make.

You're quite a *christian* there, dolt.

Last edited:
I've never understood why people think that they need their religious symbols to be promoted by the state. What is that all about anyway?

Your rights come from God so if the state gets rid of the Ten commandments then they will take away your God given rights as well.

Bingo.

Progressives fight hard to get rid of God, because rights come from God..

And progressives don't like human rights. Their focus, desire, and goal is to violate them on every front.

Forum List

Back