Saudi Arabia says it intercepts missile attack over capital

RE: Saudi Arabia says it intercepts missile attack over capital
SUBTOPIC: Yemen Potential
⁜→ Siberian, surada, et al,

BLUF:

(COMMENT)

I know we all (sometimes) exaggerate to make a point; but, let's remember where Yemen came from.

◈ The merger of North Yemen (Yemen Arab Republic) and South Yemen (People's Democratic Republic of Yemen) only happened in 1990.​
◈ North Yemen was derivative from the Great War (WWI) and became independent 1 November 1918, the day after the Ottoman Empire signed the Armistice of Mudros on 30 October 1918 aboard the HMS Agamemnon. North Yemen reinvented itself in September 1962 as a result of an Egyptian-inspired overthrow of the government. North Yemen became the Yemen Arab Republic (YAR)​
◈ South Yemen became independent in 1967 when the UK ended the Protectorate status.​
◈ In May 1990 North Yemen and South Yemen merged and became the Republic of Yemen.​

No one is really sure when Yemen became a failed state, but the entire history of the country (North and South) is one of conflict. The US Intelligence Community (IC) likes to refer to it as a country in transition. When we say "THEY will win," who is "they" • and • "what" will they win?

Since the full-fledged Yemeni Civil War, it's hard to keep track of all the influences that are engaged. For the past couple of months, the Houthi Forces have become increasingly bold in attacks targeting Saudi Arabian border interests.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

In 2000 Saudi Arabia moved all the border towns and villages 20 kilometers back from the border. Yemen has always been poor and violent at least during my lifetime.. I remember the civil war in Yemen.. The Saudis fought for the monarchy .. Egypt was for the communists.

In 2000 Saudi Arabia moved all the border towns and villages 20 kilometers back from the border. Yemen has always been poor and violent at least during my lifetime.. I remember the civil war in Yemen.. The Saudis fought for the monarchy .. Egypt was for the communists.
your point? even I remember "war in Yemen" from the NYT way back circa 1960 ---as a kid----north vs south. I don't remember saudi involvement. It was North monarchists vs ----OIL IN THE SOUTH.
The situation has changed----now it is Iran vs Saudi arabia via the
impoverished shiite like HOUTHIS. Russia supported the BAATHIST
party. In fact "south yemen"---sometimes ID'ed as ADEN had a
succession thing----and Russia supported the Baathist pig Gamal Abdel Nasser EXUBERANTLY. Of course Iran is also interested
in the strategic Sea Port ---ADEN

your point? even I remember "war in Yemen" from the NYT way back circa 1960 ---as a kid----north vs south. I don't remember saudi involvement. It was North monarchists vs ----OIL IN THE SOUTH.
The situation has changed----now it is Iran vs Saudi arabia via the
impoverished shiite like HOUTHIS. Russia supported the BAATHIST
party. In fact "south yemen"---sometimes ID'ed as ADEN had a
succession thing----and Russia supported the Baathist pig Gamal Abdel Nasser EXUBERANTLY. Of course Iran is also interested
in the strategic Sea Port ---ADEN

Saudi Arabia fought in Yemen from 1962 to 1970 against the Egyptians. Saudi supported the Monarchy.. Egypt supported the Communists.

Nasser only turned to the Soviets after the Lavon Affair which caused Eisenhower to withdraw financing for the Aswan Dam. That in turn lead to the Suez Crisis.

Saudi Arabia fought in Yemen from 1962 to 1970 against the Egyptians. Saudi supported the Monarchy.. Egypt supported the Communists.

Nasser only turned to the Soviets after the Lavon Affair which caused Eisenhower to withdraw financing for the Aswan Dam. That in turn lead to the Suez Crisis.
I am fascinated-----a smoke bomb in a closed library had so profound an effect on Eisenhower? WHY? What were the egyptians doing in Yemen? volunteer mujahadeen baathists?---
in ADEN? The situation could be compared to the TALIBAN
invasion of Afghanistan

I am fascinated-----a smoke bomb in a closed library had so profound an effect on Eisenhower? WHY? What were the egyptians doing in Yemen? volunteer mujahadeen baathists?---
in ADEN? The situation could be compared to the TALIBAN
invasion of Afghanistan

The Lavon Affair was an effort to kill Americans in Cairo and blame it on the Arabs.

The Egyptians were fighting for the Communists in Yemen. Didn't you know that?

The Taliban were not invaders. They were Afghan Pashtun and war orphans.

The Lavon Affair was an effort to kill Americans in Cairo and blame it on the Arabs.

The Lavon affair included no effort to KILL ANYONE----it was a smoke bomb in a closed Library------so sorry---NO ONE DIED----
<try not to die of a broken heart> other than the people that the
Egyptians murdered. No ---I did not know that egypt actually sent its MILITARY to South Yemen ----FORMALLY. <<<that would be an act of war.
The originators of the TALIBAN were Pakistani MUJAHADEEN intent on turning Afghanistan into an ISLAMIC PARADISE. ----of course they were also missionaries for the cause and managed to ETHNICALLY cleanse Afghanistan of KAFFIRIN and kufr aggressive buddhist art and
attract notables like Osama bin Laden

getting back to the Aswan Dam----why did a smoke bomb in an
unpopulated Library result in some issue with the ASWAN DAM?
Way back then----smoke bombs were harmless pranks in the USA

The Lavon affair included no effort to KILL ANYONE----it was a smoke bomb in a closed Library------so sorry---NO ONE DIED----
<try not to die of a broken heart> other than the people that the
Egyptians murdered. No ---I did not know that egypt actually sent its MILITARY to South Yemen ----FORMALLY. <<<that would be an act of war.
The originators of the TALIBAN were Pakistani MUJAHADEEN intent on turning Afghanistan into an ISLAMIC PARADISE. ----of course they were also missionaries for the cause and managed to ETHNICALLY cleanse Afghanistan of KAFFIRIN and kufr aggressive buddhist art and
attract notables like Osama bin Laden

getting back to the Aswan Dam----why did a smoke bomb in an
unpopulated Library result in some issue with the ASWAN DAM?
Way back then----smoke bombs were harmless pranks in the USA

The Taliban were war orphans from Afghanistan. They were in their late teens in 1994 when they organized to try and restore law and order..

The Israelis were incensed that Eisenhower was going to finance the Aswan Dam.. That was their reason for Operation Susannah.

Why do you care what kind of government Afghanistan has?

The Taliban were war orphans from Afghanistan. They were in their late teens in 1994 when they organized to try and restore law and order..

The Israelis were incensed that Eisenhower was going to finance the Aswan Dam.. That was their reason for Operation Susannah.

Why do you care what kind of government Afghanistan has?
you eat crap happily---If the Lavon affair had been orchestrated by
the Israeli "secret police" or military------lots of people would have
been killed------it was a very low level poorly planned and non-
ambitious adventure. How many people did the LAVON BOYs
kill? Nasser invented propaganda to cover his ass regarding his
failure with the ASWAN PROJECT-----then he started a war and
threatened his sycophants to QUIT. ----tearfully---it was so
touching. Afghanistan used to be a fine Buddhist/hindu land
containing fantastic artifacts of that REFINED CULTURE--now
defiled

you eat crap happily---If the Lavon affair had been orchestrated by
the Israeli "secret police" or military------lots of people would have
been killed------it was a very low level poorly planned and non-
ambitious adventure. How many people did the LAVON BOYs
kill? Nasser invented propaganda to cover his ass regarding his
failure with the ASWAN PROJECT-----then he started a war and
threatened his sycophants to QUIT. ----tearfully---it was so
touching. Afghanistan used to be a fine Buddhist/hindu land
containing fantastic artifacts of that REFINED CULTURE--now
defiled

Always more land and water and always the victim.

"I just can't figure out what the Israelis think they're up to...Maybe they think they just can't survive without more land...but I don't see how they can survive without coming to some honorable and peaceful terms with the whole Arab world that surrounds them." U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower, October 1956 (As related by Eisenhower speech writer Emmet John Hughes in his book, The Ordeal of Power, A Political Memoir of the Eisenhower Years,1964)

The election of General of the Armies Dwight D. Eisenhower as U.S. president in November 1952 brought more than a change of parties to the White House. After leading Allied armies to victory in Europe in World War II, Eisenhower had returned to civilian life as president of Columbia University. But as the U.S. and Western Europe grew increasingly fearful of Soviet intentions, he returned to Europe to organize the defense forces of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

Always more land and water and always the victim.

"I just can't figure out what the Israelis think they're up to...Maybe they think they just can't survive without more land...but I don't see how they can survive without coming to some honorable and peaceful terms with the whole Arab world that surrounds them." U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower, October 1956 (As related by Eisenhower speech writer Emmet John Hughes in his book, The Ordeal of Power, A Political Memoir of the Eisenhower Years,1964)

The election of General of the Armies Dwight D. Eisenhower as U.S. president in November 1952 brought more than a change of parties to the White House. After leading Allied armies to victory in Europe in World War II, Eisenhower had returned to civilian life as president of Columbia University. But as the U.S. and Western Europe grew increasingly fearful of Soviet intentions, he returned to Europe to organize the defense forces of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

Talk about playing the victim...Please tell us why every Arab nation has it's own terrorist group.

Talk about playing the victim...Please tell us why every Arab nation has it's own terrorist group.
I read ALL of surada's citation and can find NOTHING of substance
to suggest that the Lavon affair was a plot by the Israeli
government to OBTAIN MORE LAND AND WATER---nor can
I understand what the highly laudatory bit on Eisenhower has
ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING

Last edited:
PS---I am still waiting for the answer to HOW MANY EGYPTIANS
DID THE LAVON BOYS KILL or expats in Egypt? AS to Israeli anger---maybe that was directed against the illegal nationalization of the Suez canal by the fascist baathist, Gamal Abdel Nasser. The blocking of water ways----seems to be an arabist obsession that persists. As far
as I can ascertain---the Suez Canal was supposed to be an international
waterway

quite a jump and a skip. I do not understand why Nasser nationalized the Suez canal which caused the Suez Crisis

quite a jump and a skip. I do not understand why Nasser nationalized the Suez canal which caused the Suez Crisis

Nasser nationalized the Suez Canal to pay off the French and the British so he could use the Canal revenues to pay off the Aswan. Then Israel attacked. What a nightmare .. It REALLY cost the American consumer and the Europeans.

Nasser nationalized the Suez Canal to pay off the French and the British so he could use the Canal revenues to pay off the Aswan. Then Israel attacked. What a nightmare .. It REALLY cost the American consumer and the Europeans.
"to pay off......." as in get out of that pesky international waterway agreement. I am amazed. How much were the French and British
demanding to be PAID OFF? Adolf did lots of NATIONALIZING
too. Did Gamal manage to PAY IT OFF? My memory suggests that
nations with financial interest in the Suez canal were involved----like
France and Britain and the CONFLICT. Of course it COST. Gamel
reneged BIG. What a wasted "DEAL"

then, of course there is the other international waterway----the STRAITS of TIRAN. gee lets nationalize THE RED SEA inshaallah

Way back in the 1980s I worked with Pakistanis who CLAIMED
to have past school mates and relatives BRAVELY fighting in
Afghanistan------in the 90s they became THE TALIBAN.

Do you, Independent, know how many americans Israel killed when they "firebombed" the american installations in Egypt? it was supposed to have happened in the 1950s

don't be impatient----Surada will tell us
DAMN!!!! I note that surada isn't telling us about the MAGNITUDE of
the barbaric massacres that constituted the "LAVON AFFAIR" and
so altered the course of history in the Middle East-----even led to the
UBER-emotional resignation of the great and glorious GAMAL

Forum List

Back