Saudi Arabia warned US in WRITING about Boston Bomber in 2012

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Well I just bet extra strength Immodium AD is flying off the shelf in Washington, DC this morning with this breaking news.

Talk about "drop the ball". Saudia Arabia even denied Tamerlan a visa to visit Mecca.

EXCLUSIVE: Saudi Arabia 'warned the United States IN WRITING about Boston Bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev in 2012'

Saudis developed intelligence separately from Russia, which also warned the U.S. about the accused Boston bomber

A letter to the Department of Homeland Security allegedly named Tsarnaev and three Pakistanis as potential jihadis worthy of U.S. investigation

Red flags from Saudi Arabia to have included Tsarnaev's name and information about a planned explosive attack on a major U.S. city

Saudi foreign minister, national security chief both met with Obama in the oval office in early 2013

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia sent a written warning about accused Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in 2012, long before pressure-cooker blasts killed three and injured hundreds, according to a senior Saudi government official with direct knowledge of the document.

The Saudi warning, the official told MailOnline, was separate from the multiple red flags raised by Russian intelligence in 2011, and was based on human intelligence developed independently in Yemen.

Citing security concerns, the Saudi government also denied an entry visa to the elder Tsarnaev brother in December 2011, when he hoped to make a pilgrimage to Mecca, the source said. Tsarnaev's plans to visit Saudi Arabia have not been previously disclosed.

More at link. Very interesting read. Some people have some explaining to do. Of course DHS and the WH are denying this (what else is new?)

BUT

A Homeland Security official confirmed Tuesday evening on the condition of anonymity that the 2012 letter exists, saying he had heard of the Saudi communication before MailOnline inquired about it.

So who knew what? And when did they know it?

article-2317493-1953DFB7000005DC-637_638x421.jpg

article-2317493-1954C65F000005DC-176_638x366.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-application-entry-visa-visit-Mecca-2011.html

Last edited:
When people start a thread without a link to their source for facts, the thread should be closed down and tossed out.

It's as if these hacks don't want us to check out their source, so they try to hide it.

When people start a thread without a link to their source for facts, the thread should be closed down and tossed out.

It's as if these hacks don't want us to check out their source, so they try to hide it.

I agree, would you please remind the liberal hacks of your thoughts on this issue? They seem to be doing it more then anyone else. No hurry, just the next talking points alignment meeting.

Saudi official: Kingdom 'warned the United States IN WRITING about Boston Bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev in 2012 and rejected his application for an entry visa to visit Mecca in 2011' | Mail Online

I'm on my first coffee not trying to hide a source.

Thanks for pointing out that I'd missed adding the link. I should rep you.

I just can't bring myself to do it.:eusa_angel:

This wasn't a case of dropping the ball Tiny. This is a clear shif from the past. All these warnings and we did NOTHING. Just like Benghazi. ....NOTHING

Last edited:
This wasn't a case of dropping the ball Tiny. This is a clear shif from the past. All these warnings and we did NOTHING. Just like Benghazi. ....NOTHING

It's unreal that so many warnings can be given and that there are no precautions taken.

When you have both Russia AND Saudi Arabia pinpointing with a specific name and address and nothing is done, I just don't know what to make of this level of incompetence after all these years.

It's stunning.

I heard they arrested 3 more in Boston. Now let the what ifs start.

Hazel calling someone a hack......:eusa_eh:

It's unreal that so many warnings can be given and that there are no precautions taken.

When you have both Russia AND Saudi Arabia pinpointing with a specific name and address and nothing is done, I just don't know what to make of this level of incompetence after all these years.

It's stunning.

its kinda like what some were saying about Bush and 9/11......

It's stunning.

its kinda like what some were saying about Bush and 9/11......

Yes, but this time it is actually true.

...and like 9/11...

Here's the thing though. And it was the same thing brought up in 9/11 investigations. There's intelligence and there is "actionable" intelligence. We aren't a police state.

The article in the OP looks like it's been updated:

Saudi Arabian ambassador in Washington now DENIES his nation warned the United States about Tamerlan Tsarnaev in 2012

Saudi embassy in Washington D.C. issues denial of account of a senior official who talked to MailOnline
According to a highly placed source who spoke to MailOnline, the Saudis sent a written warning about Tsarnaev to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in 2012. That was long before pressure-cooker blasts killed three and injured hundreds.

The official told MailOnline about a written warning from the Saudi government to the Department of Homeland Security, and said he had direct knowledge of that document.

But the Middle Eastern nation's embassy in Washington died that account on Wednesday.

It issued a statement which read: 'The Saudi government had no prior information about the Boston bombers. Therefore, it is not true that any information, written or otherwise, was passed to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or any other US agency in this regard,' an embassy statement statement claimed.

'The Saudi government also does not have any record of any application by Tamerlan Tsarnaev for any visa to Saudi Arabia.'

Read more: Saudi Arabian ambassador in Washington DENIES his nation warned the United States about Tamerlan Tsarnaev in 2012 | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

To quote Former Sec-Def Hillary Clinton: "What difference, at this point, does it make?"

Translation: anything which highlights the Epic Fail of the Obama presidency (which would rather be a monarchy) must be covered up, ignored, and blamed on Bush.

To quote Former Sec-Def Hillary Clinton: "What difference, at this point, does it make?"

Translation: anything which highlights the Epic Fail of the Obama presidency (which would rather be a monarchy) must be covered up, ignored, and blamed on Bush.

Translation: anything to bugger Obama

Seriously though I think we need to be sure of the facts here which are starting to become a little dubious.

Forum List

Back