Savage Islamic Attack on St. Mark Cathedral Allowed by Egyptian Forces

So if Obama tells the Egyptians to stop bothering the Christians that will work? that right there is bullshit.

No Obama tells Morsi if he wants American aid this shit must stop...Hows that?

546-450x253.jpg

masked man, with a rifle, sits inside an Egyptian armored vehicle — bought with U.S. taxpayer money — and fires at the cathedral.

I am fine with that, although I think the Egyptians would want more money and it all comes down to the people on the ground. We could tell the Egyptian Government to lay off Christians but will the average Egyptian on the ground listen?

It seems the attitude on the ground is not to similar than that of the average Mississippian during the civil rights era. Egypt's president has got to get hard on this, or his legitimacy will be gone in the eyes of the international community. That's how I see it anyway.

No Obama tells Morsi if he wants American aid this shit must stop...Hows that?

546-450x253.jpg

masked man, with a rifle, sits inside an Egyptian armored vehicle — bought with U.S. taxpayer money — and fires at the cathedral.

I am fine with that, although I think the Egyptians would want more money and it all comes down to the people on the ground. We could tell the Egyptian Government to lay off Christians but will the average Egyptian on the ground listen?

It seems the attitude on the ground is not to similar than that of the average Mississippian during the civil rights era. Egypt's president has got to get hard on this, or his legitimacy will be gone in the eyes of the international community. That's how I see it anyway.

:clap2: You just nailed it, it is the same exact thing. The government could tell people in Mississipi in the 60s all day long they have to treat Blacks as equals, it won't work. Its the same thing here in Egypt, this hatred towards Christians has been seething under the surface for decades. An award winning speech by Obama will not deter the Egyptians one bit.

Dude Christians are so outnumbered in Egypt its not even funny, do they even have a fighting chance? if you even tried to fight back against this mob that overtook the Cathedral you would be butchered like a hog. Me personally, Egypt is a shit hole, I would have packed my shit and left long ago.

There's 12 million Christians in Egypt, they should all leave? Why doesn't Obama stand with these people as he sends money to the muslim brotherhood?

Well I personally would leave, nobody is standing with these people and even if Obama did say something it would do absolutely nothing on the ground for these people. Obama is hated and despised in Egypt just like Bush was.

If I were Christian in Egypt I would have started packing my bags as soon as Mubarak stepped down.

That is the catch 22, do you let the Jihadist win? That is what happened to the Christian majority in Lebanon!

Dude Christians are so outnumbered in Egypt its not even funny, do they even have a fighting chance? if you even tried to fight back against this mob that overtook the Cathedral you would be butchered like a hog. Me personally, Egypt is a shit hole, I would have packed my shit and left long ago.

Yep it's easy to say stay and fight from the comforts of America, but not as easy when on the frontlines in Egypt. Esp if you have children in harms way!

:clap2: You just nailed it, it is the same exact thing. The government could tell people in Mississipi in the 60s all day long they have to treat Blacks as equals, it won't work. Its the same thing here in Egypt, this hatred towards Christians has been seething under the surface for decades. An award winning speech by Obama will not deter the Egyptians one bit.

No it won't - the Egyptians have to work it out for themselves and it is going to require a very strong committed leadership and laws to protect minorities and a will to enforce them....not a good situation...

regarding Mubarak "protecting christians"-----I had it from a coptic here in the US---
with TEARS IN HIS EYES-----that MUBARAK STAGED THE ASSASSINATION of Coptic
leaders----most specifically their religious leaders----including one the man described
as the POPE OF COPTIC CHRISTIANS-----it was 1989 when I got this message.
The man was reasonably educated and by no means an hysteric ---physician
educated in Egypt. I saw him under very trying conditions and never --
again in tears. The bad news is that he predicted the assassination of Mubarak---
soon (1989).....he is still waiting. The oppression of christians in egypt has
been trivialized in the USA------

regarding Mubarak "protecting christians"-----I had it from a coptic here in the US---
leaders----most specifically their religious leaders----including one the man described
again in tears. The bad news is that he predicted the assassination of Mubarak---

I don't believe life for Christians in Egypt under Mubarak was peaches and cream, same with Christians in Iraq under Saddam. Christians were not getting dragged into the streets and butchered like they are now in Iraq and Egypt back when Saddam and Mubarak were in power.

I don't believe life for Christians in Egypt under Mubarak was peaches and cream, same with Christians in Iraq under Saddam. Christians were not getting dragged into the streets and butchered like they are now in Iraq and Egypt back when Saddam and Mubarak were in power.

Christians are getting "butchered in most all muslim countries I don't believe I've heard anyone from the administration point out and condemn that fact

Christians are getting "butchered in most all muslim countries I don't believe I've heard anyone from the administration point out and condemn that fact

Thats a good point, are they scared?

One person has been killed in clashes outside Cairo's main cathedral following the funerals of four Coptic Christians killed in religious violence on Saturday.

Mourners leaving St Mark's Cathedral clashed with local residents.

Police fired tear gas to break up the violence. More than 80 people were injured, the state news agency said.

The health ministry said one Christian man was killed. The ambulance service said he was struck with birdshot.

Mourners inside the church had earlier chanted slogans against Egypt's Islamist President, Mohammed Morsi.

It also said President Morsi had denounced the violence in a phone call to Pope Tawadros II, the head of the Coptic Christian church.

"Any attack against the cathedral is like an attack against me personally," he was reported as saying.

Pope Tawadros, who only took office in November, appealed for calm.

The political arm of the Muslim Brotherhood, the Freedom and Justice Party (FJP), posted a statement on its Facebook page stressing its "utter rejection and condemnation of violence".
BBC News - Cairo clashes at St Mark's Coptic Cathedral after funerals

Imagine the slaughter that would occur if these Christians burned down a Mosque in retaliation? I'm not saying they should mind you, but imagine the blood bath that would occur.

you are wasting your talents------why imagine "arson" when you can imagine--
BARBECUE? Imagine forming a large mound of lamb ----stuck on a rotating
rod-----over hot coals ------and a large sharp knife-----shaving off the meat
as it becomes cooked-----on the surface of the mound-----and plopping it
into ----the flat bread of choice-------(blood bath.....INDEED!!!!)

It's not just Christians getting "butchered", but Muslims, Animists, Buddhists etc as well depending on what part of the world you look at.

Currently, in Burma, the tiny Muslim population is facing the same sort of onslaught as the Coptic Christians are facing in Egypt. Muslims Vanish as Buddhist Attacks Approach Burma's Biggest City

They are unprotected minorities and, it's often not just a religious difference but an ethnic one as well (such as in Sudan, or Burma and Thailand where you have a wide array of tribes and ethnic divisions that are constantly in strife. Tribal/ethnic/religious affiliations are part democratic governing process' and that is never good for minorities. It takes a strong man dictator to keep it from erupting but at the same time - tensions never get resolved and break free when the government is weak.

Thats a good point, are they scared?

No they're friken enablers.

Of course, if this is done to a Mosque: Holy shit! Watch out! Riot time!

Of course, if this is done to a Mosque: Holy shit! Watch out! Riot time!

all it takes is a picture or a video, and Obama runs to apologize. Note the difference Christians attacked and killed Obama says nothing, but rushes to the microphone to appease the muslim nutjobs

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogk2dgSQETA]Infamous Obama Admin - State Dept - Pakistani TV Ad Apologizing For Mohammed Video - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back