Say bye bye to Rep Grim

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Republican Representative Grimm of NY indicted on fraud charges | Reuters

Republican Representative Michael Grimm from New York was indicted on fraud charges in connection with a Manhattan fast-food restaurant he partly owned, according to court documents unsealed on Monday. He faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted.

On TV news, I heard more charges had been added making the possible sentence much higher. The next words out of his mouth will be, "can I make a deal?"

I know of at least one journalist who is laughing his head off tonight.

'I will break you in half': Congressman threatens to throw reporter off balcony during interview

And its not just the million he forgot to tell the IRS about.

Turns out he also hires illegals.

Gotta just love them thar publicans.

Indicted Republican Michael Grimm to leave House financial services panel

Republican Representative Michael Grimm, who was indicted Monday on fraud charges, said he was stepping down from the House of Representatives Financial Services Committee.

In a letter to House Speaker John Boehner, the New York congressman said he was asking to be removed from the committee “in light of recent events.” He added that “upon a successful resolution of pending legal matters my intention is to resume said position as an active member of the committee.”

A spokesman for Boehner said the speaker “believes Rep. Grimm’s decision is appropriate under the circumstances.”

He was on the Financial Services Committee.

What was he doing? Teaching them how to keep duplicate sets of financial records?

That IS what he's being accused of and apparently, there is rock hard proof.

Goodbye, Grim. You won't be missed. The reporters sure as hell won't miss you either.

Prosecutors said Grimm and the health food restaurant, Healthalicious, under-reported wages paid to workers, many of whom did not have legal status in the United States. They said many of the wages were paid in cash.

Grimm and the restaurant also concealed from federal and New York state authorities more than $1 million in gross receipts, prosecutors said.

The 20-count indictment says Grimm oversaw the restaurant's day-to-day operations between 2007 and 2010, just after he left the FBI. He subsequently sold his stake in the restaurant. The indictment also charges Grimm with lying under oath in January 2013 about his role in the restaurant.

He was just on the news saying he would not "abandon his post".

He's another nutter like West, Welsh, Cruz, Santorum. Clueless and lies easier than he tells the truth.

He's also a Republican so he'll come out of this just fine. (Notice the silence from other Rs and rw's ... )

That might be because he does not have a big enough name to be recognized nation wide. I'm sure a good half dozen are saying, "Who is that and why do I care?" It won't matter until an adequate response is formulated and then broadcast nationwide via the right wing media outlets.

And its not just the million he forgot to tell the IRS about.

Turns out he also hires illegals.

Gotta just love them thar publicans.

I guess the trick I learned from watching Democrats,
is to do these corrupt "conflicts of interest" on the level
of CITY govt and contracts.

These are not checked under the Constitution,
but require corporate level lawsuits to fight.

So if the people don't have equal resources as the City legal dept
(which our taxes pay for, of course) and can't find a lawyer
who wants to risk losing all business with the City and developers,
they can get away with anything they pay their buddies and themselves to do.

Just go through corporations (even abuse nonprofits to launder tax paid grants to
professional developers on the boards) and the worst that happens is the
corporation disappears after going bankrupt and after the money is laundered out.

Neat tricks, huh?
And all done by Democrats through city government and contracts
and deals made with private developers and even the Federal Reserve.
Because no lawyers will touch these cases, it's hard enough to
beat govt immunity, and you know what they say about fighting City Hall....

This will probably be the one of two or three seats Democrats pick up in the House this year.

Forum List

Back