SC says not allowing Offensive Trademarks is unconstitutional

If you find a name offensive don't buy the product no matter if it's going to see a song and dance group a sports team whatever choosing not to spend your money on it is the best option to try and get them to make a change.
Amen to this. If the item doesn't sell enough, it won't be out there for much longer.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Washington Redskins should now have a cause of action against the federal government for violation of its trademark, with damages no doubt in the billions by now.
Huh? What violation of the Redskins trademark? Last I knew the 'skins were still the 'skins and some clowns were complaining about it. Did I miss a memo?
Pay attention.

Washington Redskins lose trademark protection; now what happens? | FOX Sports
Thanks for the reminder. It kinda rang a bell as I read so I guess I'd just forgotten the government's action.

I don't get your assertion though that the Skins could be in for billions in damages for "violations of its trademark" by the federal government. The government didn't take away their right to use the trademarked word or words, just their exclusivity to it, but not sure from the article if anyone else could use it during the appeal process. But if they could or did so after the appeal was denied, it's not that big of a deal IMO. What would someone else do with the "Washington Redskins" or just "Redskins" names without the accompanying copyrighted Redskins logo? And if someone was dumb enough to violate their copyright the Skins would unleash their legal dogs on them pronto.

Billions? I don't think so.

Forum List

Back