Scandal-plagued former Trump EPA chief Scott Pruitt files to run for US Senate in Oklahoma to replace retiring Jim Inhofe

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
"Scandal-plagued" is exactly how Republicans like their candidates.

would have been more fun if he primaried Lankford...why did you retire Inhofe?

• Banned
"Pruitt is one of many former Trump officials eyeing Congress as their path to return to public life. Among those running are former President Donald Trump’s first Interior secretary, Ryan Zinke, who is seeking a House seat in Montana, and State Department spokesperson Morgan Ortagus, who is vying for a seat in Tennessee."

also from Politico:

In his resignation letter to Trump, he praised the president but said the “unrelenting attacks on me personally, my family, are unprecedented and have taken a sizable toll on all of us.” Trump at the time had kind words for his departing EPA chief.

“Look, Scott is a terrific guy,” the president said. “And he came to me and he said, ‘I have such great confidence in the administration. I don’t want to be a distraction.’ And I think Scott felt that he was a distraction.”

And I think Scott felt that he was a distraction.”
I'm not sure that was entirely true. Cuz, after all, there was so much corruption in Trump's admin if he had waited a while the focus would have shifted to someone else.

Forum List

Back