School has brutal reply after Muslim issues threat over daughters lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't they just pack their shit and move back to the shithole they came from if they don't like our culture?
I wish someone had said that about the Italian, Polish, and Irish catholics my public school had to accommodate on Fridays.

Oh certainly there were Wasps who said exactly that

"Why don't those damn wops-polacks-drunken irish- just pack their shit and move back to the shithole they came from if they don't like our culture"

There are always bigots who HATE whoever is the immigrant of the day to hate.

Of course these folks seem to be from Tucson- so maybe S.J. knows more about Tucson than the rest of it- when I lived there it wasn't a shithole.

View attachment 126220

Tucson Muslim family claims school is serving their child pork

View attachment 126221

View attachment 126219

School Has Brutal Reply After Muslim Issues Threat Over Daughter's Lunch

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bottom meme says it all for those who know this is America. Don't try and change our Country or our ways into your ways. If your ways are so great wth did you leave your country for.

Good for a school admin with ballz!

My kids don't like anything but pizza day. Therefore the other 4 days a week we pack them a lunch.

How hard is that?!?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The bottom meme says it all for those who know this is America. Don't try and change our Country or our ways into your ways. If your ways are so great wth did you leave your country for.

So eating pork is the American way? If you ask me, all meats whether its pork or beef should be banned from schools. Its cancer causing and heart disease causing, but that's another topic for another day.

This mother wasn't asking for all students to be barred from eating pork. She was simply asking her own child not be fed it. The child is 7 years old. She still needs guidance on what to eat.

I agree the mother should just pack a lunch, but this notion that asking your not be fed pork is ridiculous.

Do you find it ridiculous when Jewish people ask for kosher options?

Jewish families don't ask for it. If they did the school should respond in a similar way. So once again, don't use Jews as a shield for your outrageous demands!

Then she can bring her own damn lunch. What's so hard about that?
No no. That will not suffice. She insists the school take away pork from all the other students...for HER dumb religion.
The article stated no such thing.
The article states she might sue. Try a reading comprehension class.
Quit the rudeness.
The mother might indeed sue the district for disregarding the doctor's note. There is nothing in the poorly written report which suggests that the suit would be requiring that all students be on the same medical protocol.

What doctors note?
If you go to the article you will read that the mother of the child delivered a doctor's letter to the school informing it that her daughter was not to be given pork to eat.

No no. That will not suffice. She insists the school take away pork from all the other students...for HER dumb religion.
Quit the rudeness.
The mother might indeed sue the district for disregarding the doctor's note. There is nothing in the poorly written report which suggests that the suit would be requiring that all students be on the same medical protocol.

What doctors note?
If you go to the article you will read that the mother of the child delivered a doctor's letter to the school informing it that her daughter was not to be given pork to eat.
So what? He can't just order the school to do something because he's a doctor.

So eating pork is the American way? If you ask me, all meats whether its pork or beef should be banned from schools. Its cancer causing and heart disease causing, but that's another topic for another day.

This mother wasn't asking for all students to be barred from eating pork. She was simply asking her own child not be fed it. The child is 7 years old. She still needs guidance on what to eat.

I agree the mother should just pack a lunch, but this notion that asking your not be fed pork is ridiculous.

Jewish families don't ask for it. If they did the school should respond in a similar way. So once again, don't use Jews as a shield for your outrageous demands!

They don't? In many cases they have their own public schools in the U.S.

Quit the rudeness.

What doctors note?

For what reason? Last time I checked being muslim isnt a medical condition.
You could argue a mental condition for sure though.

Growing up Muslim I've dealt with some of the slick stuff people try to do to you when it comes to food.

I'm not accusing the school of intentionally feeding her daughter pork, but I have been in situations where I have accidentally eaten pork because people have failed to inform me there was pork in it ( even when I asked prior to eating ) and they knew damn well there was pork in it.

Yes you should inform your child of what to eat, she's a 2nd grader so she may not be sure of what is in every food.

When I was in the 4th and 5th grade, I had a lunch lady who was generous enough to let me if something had pork in it. But not every lunch lady is so generous.

However, I do think the mother should just send a packed lunch to school to be on the safe side. The mother should be glad her daughter attends a school where packed lunches are allowed because many schools nowadays do not allow lunch from home.
Why do people need to tell you the ingredients in their food? Why do you have to be picky about it?

When I was a kid I was raised to eat whatever a host serves you, even if you don't like it. It's called manners.

Cloven hooves fully split (like the devils)

Meh. I think it's cause pigs used to make people sick as shit and the folks probably thought it was punishment. As I understand it both cows and pigs have a higher propensity of human passable diseases than like sheep and goats; cows a bit less so due to size (though I've seen some pretty big pigs heh)

Meh. I think it's cause pigs used to make people sick as shit and the folks probably thought it was punishment. As I understand it both cows and pigs have a higher propensity of human passable diseases than like sheep and goats; cows a bit less so due to size (though I've seen some pretty big pigs heh)
We obey it because it's a COMMAND from our Creator. Swine are bottom feeders. They're not fit for human consumption.

We obey it because it's a COMMAND from our Creator. Swine are bottom feeders. They're not fit for human consumption.

That's cool.

I'm more into the ancient history of "why things happened the way they did" ~shrug~

Why is it "outrageous" to let the parents know if pork is being served? I'm no fan of Islam, but millions of others are affected.

That's cool.

I'm more into the ancient history of "why things happened the way they did" ~shrug~
Or you could take God at his word rather than a church organization

Yes, if they want kosher food, then they need to pack a lunch. I had allergies as a child, my mom packed my lunch. We didn't expect the school to make exceptions for what I could not eat. It wasn't a big deal, some people just can't take responsibility for their own lives.

That's cool.

Or you could take God at his word rather than a church organization

I'm an agnostic and I don't believe in any of the organized religions, much less what they claim God told some human on a tiny planet in the vast universe.

Growing up Muslim I've dealt with some of the slick stuff people try to do to you when it comes to food.

I'm not accusing the school of intentionally feeding her daughter pork, but I have been in situations where I have accidentally eaten pork because people have failed to inform me there was pork in it ( even when I asked prior to eating ) and they knew damn well there was pork in it.

Yes you should inform your child of what to eat, she's a 2nd grader so she may not be sure of what is in every food.

When I was in the 4th and 5th grade, I had a lunch lady who was generous enough to let me if something had pork in it. But not every lunch lady is so generous.

However, I do think the mother should just send a packed lunch to school to be on the safe side. The mother should be glad her daughter attends a school where packed lunches are allowed because many schools nowadays do not allow lunch from home.
What is unacceptable about this story if it is true is twofold:
1) The report is poorly written and it did not indicate to whom the mother issued a threat of a lawsuit. We are informed that the school district made the reply but no name or position is attached to the reply. Nevertheless, the tone of the letter is indeed "brutal" and unbecoming of an educational institution. It was wrong to write in such a hostile way and I am surprised that the district lawyer would let such a letter be sent to the mother.
2) Regardless of any religious motive the mother might have had, she did provide the school with a doctor's note stating that the child should not be given any pork or its products. Schools must honor medical notes. Consider a child who has an allergy which could prove serious if disregarded by the school. The school district is, without question, leaving itself open to a lawsuit.
Allergy? Pack a lunch, problem solved. Can't eat certain meats or foods because of religion? Pack a lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back