School says girl can't run as homecoming king

How about adding a third title, the Homecoming It

Really one transsexual could win both King and Queen

Normally, the terms "King" and "Queen" are mutually exclusive. Namely because one is suited to a male, one to a female. Regardless of whether they are Transgender or not. If this girl wants to be homecoming queen, hey I'm all for it. She is a girl. I cannot imagine making exceptions for people in this manner.

Liberals get over yourselves. Although this girl is transgender, she is still nonetheless a girl. She cannot be a king. That is reality. No amount of lawsuits, accusations of bigotry or charges of intolerance will change that.

Last edited:
Normally, the terms "King" and "Queen" are mutually exclusive. Namely because one is suited to a male, one to a female. Regardless of whether they are Transgender or not. If this girl want to be homecoming queen, hey I'm all for it. She is a girl. I cannot imagine making exceptions for people in this manner.

Liberals get over yourselves. Although this girl is transgender, she is still nonetheless a girl. She cannot be a king. That is reality. No amount of lawsuits will change that.

I agree with you on this one, TemplarKormac.

I also question her motivation in running for homecoming king or queen. If she has these gender issues, wouldn't it be better to just stay out of something like that? Or does she like a lot of attention, maybe?

Normally, the terms "King" and "Queen" are mutually exclusive. Namely because one is suited to a male, one to a female. Regardless of whether they are Transgender or not. If this girl wants to be homecoming queen, hey I'm all for it. She is a girl. I cannot imagine making exceptions for people in this manner.

Liberals get over yourselves. Although this girl is transgender, she is still nonetheless a girl. She cannot be a king. That is reality. No amount of lawsuits will change that.

I agree with you on this one, TemplarKormac.

I also question her motivation in running for homecoming king or queen. If she has these gender issues, wouldn't it be better to just stay out of something like that? Or does she like a lot of attention, maybe?

I would amount it to a form of social masochism. She contends to be a boy, but she is a girl when people look at her. People cannot change what they see for the sake of a condition. It is awkward and could damage her (yes her) self esteem. I naturally blame her parents for encouraging her to jump into this embarrassment.

You don't even go to school, why the hell are you so concerned about this?

Because its the degradation of our society and in just a few short years I will have a daughter followed by a son and another daughter in high school..Fortunately we live in a conservative area where I am 99% sure that thing wouldn't last.

You don't even go to school, why the hell are you so concerned about this?

Because its the degradation of our society and in just a few short years I will have a daughter followed by a son and another daughter in high school..Fortunately we live in a conservative area where I am 99% sure that thing wouldn't last.

How is it degrading? I remember in the 50's when rock and roll was considered degrading in conservative areas. I was watching American bandstand at my cousins and my uncle who was a motorcycle cop came in and angrily used his foot to shut off the tv, this was when the switch was on the tv, no remote. He was otherwise a pretty nice guy. Couldn't put rock beat in the music in church that's for sure. Things change.

Last edited:
IMO each local school district should be able to decide their own rules for HC King and Queen. In this case the School District appears to be safe since state law says one must have a sex change operation signed off by a doctor to legally change their gender.

But I also expect it to be challenged on the grounds that gender identity is more involved than just a sex change operation.

If a student thinks he's a teacher should others be required to play along? Or only deviant sexual freaks get that special privilege?

Forum List

Back