School tells cop not to wear uniform to pick up his own kids!

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
An elementary school principal in Mesa, Ariz. has asked a police officer not to wear his police uniform or his gun when he picks up his daughter at school, reports local Fox affiliate KSAZ.

The reason: it’s just too scary for some parents because the officer was — gasp! — carrying a gun.

Read more: School tells cop not to wear uniform to pick up his own kids | The Daily Caller

School tells cop not to wear uniform to pick up his own kids | The Daily Caller

He responded by venting on Facebook:

“Nothing like your kids school calling and asking if I could not come to pick up my daughter in uniform cause parents were concerned when their kids came home telling them there was a man at school with a gun. Are you freaking kidding me?”

Read more: School tells cop not to wear uniform to pick up his own kids | The Daily Caller

Unfrickinbelievable!

An elementary school principal in Mesa, Ariz. has asked a police officer not to wear his police uniform or his gun when he picks up his daughter at school, reports local Fox affiliate KSAZ.

The reason: it’s just too scary for some parents because the officer was — gasp! — carrying a gun.

“Nothing like your kids school calling and asking if I could not come to pick up my daughter in uniform cause parents were concerned when their kids came home telling them there was a man at school with a gun. Are you freaking kidding me?”

Unfrickinbelievable!

hope he told them to blow it out their collective blow holes

When we had to have cops come to the unit in a Nashville psychiatric hospital where I worked they had to leave their guns at the front desk in a locked box. There were far more patients than us and/or them, and it just wasn't worth the risk that they would gang up and take the gun. They grudgingly complied.

okay i have been thinking about this ....since i saw the thread....i am gonna back the school on this one....

kids have heard all about the school shooting etc...they are little ones...they really dont have much of a concept....of good and evil at this point..but they do understand the concept of danger...to an extent...i can see him not wearing his sidearm into the school...i am curious and to why the uniform would be upsetting to the kids...

but shouldnt we err on the side of the kids?

I don't really like cops, so I am uncomfortable with them wearing their hammer when around me also. I don't trust them.

Unfrickinbelievable!

Arizona.

I don't really like cops, so I am uncomfortable with them wearing their hammer when around me also. I don't trust them.

There is no room for guns on a school campus. Did they complain about the firearm or the uniform?

They are always glad to see the cops have them while some nutcase is shooting up the school. I've heard no complaints from that scenario. But, if you insist, then send cops armed with mace into the next one.

Unfrickinbelievable!

More PC bull!

One would think the kids would see the police officer as a symbol of security and safety.

or more potent stun guns, or tranquilizers.But then the cops would use the tranquilizers to date rape and the stun guns for their gay masochistic endeavors.

Unfrickinbelievable!

More PC bull!

One would think the kids would see the police officer as a symbol of security and safety.

have you seen the videos of cops shooting the family pets..dragging people outta cars..tasering them for nothing? kids are smarter than you might give them credit for....

i dont see cops as a symbol of security or safety.....

and apparently neither do these kids

More PC bull!

have you seen the videos of cops shooting the family pets..dragging people outta cars..tasering them for nothing? kids are smarter than you might give them credit for....

One example is I was at Javits Center for an AKC event. They had police dogs doing a demonstration, and the police officers were in full uniform, and armed. What bothers me about this is any other citizen would have been banned from concealed carrying (this being NYC and all) and yet these officers were allowed to be armed, even though they were not technically on duty or responsible for secuirty in the arena.

What bothers me is the double standard, just because they are agents of the State they are given speical privlidges, that while needed when they are on the job, are extended to them when they are not, even though other citizens are denied the same ability.

More PC bull!

Cops go to the schools for DARE and other programs, after Newton there were cops doing drills at my daughter's school.

We teach them to call 911 for help and that cops ARE a symbol of security and safety.

This is as much PC bullshit as the girl that wore an NRA hunting shirt to school in CA and had to change it because that was unPC.

We let them keep shoving the PC down our throats and our kids' throats and we will have no voice left.

There is no room for guns on a school campus. Did they complain about the firearm or the uniform?

They are always glad to see the cops have them while some nutcase is shooting up the school. I've heard no complaints from that scenario. But, if you insist, then send cops armed with mace into the next one.

That is not the subject.

okay i have been thinking about this ....since i saw the thread....i am gonna back the school on this one....

kids have heard all about the school shooting etc...they are little ones...they really dont have much of a concept....of good and evil at this point..but they do understand the concept of danger...to an extent...i can see him not wearing his sidearm into the school...i am curious and to why the uniform would be upsetting to the kids...

Are you not aware that a police officer in uniform is required to have his weapon?

Are these parents so STUPID they are unable to explain he is a policeman and has to have a gun to protect people. RE A L L Y,is that o difficult.

When we had to have cops come to the unit in a Nashville psychiatric hospital where I worked they had to leave their guns at the front desk in a locked box. There were far more patients than us and/or them, and it just wasn't worth the risk that they would gang up and take the gun. They grudgingly complied.

So your premis is the kids are going to gang up on him? A psychiatric hospital is a different venue then a school.

Sunshine said:
Unfrickinbelievable!
Indeed it is bud!!!!!!!

HE SHOULD CONTINUE TO WEAR IT AND CONTINUE DROPPING HIS KIDS OFF!!

Resistance is the only way!!!!!!

Are you not aware that a police officer in uniform is required to have his weapon?

Are these parents so STUPID they are unable to explain he is a policeman and has to have a gun to protect people. RE A L L Y,is that o difficult.

I'm not blind to the actions of many Police.. those who don't deserve to be wearing neither a badge or a gun. I've seen the videos also.

They are an insult and a stain on the reputation of many fine Police officers who do the right thing every day.

Kids need to be taught first that Police are their friends and protectors. The vast majority of them are. It's when they are old enough to understand the issues that the bad ones need to be brought into the conversation.

Forum List

Back