School to host 1st integrated prom

Grads leave lasting legacy: Integrated prom ? In America - CNN.com Blogs

This is a very small southern Georgia town. Back when they were forced to integrate, the school eliminated prom rather than have black students and white students dance together. Since then parents have hosted special racially segregated dances. However, the graduating class of 2013 decided it was time to end this tradition, and pushed for a real prom.

For the 1st time in more than 40 years the school will host prom, for both black and white students, together.

God. I had no idea there were places in the States still that backward. How sad.

You'd be surprised.

If all black students or all white students want a segregated prom that should not be a problem also.
Why do some blacks and some whites feel that every social event has to be integrated.
Birds of the same feather tend to flock togeather. There is nothing wrong with an all black or all
white prom.

You still scared of the truth, you quivering little coward?

You still trying to force yourself into the black community.

No, but more and more people (you know, REAL people) are getting together if it suits them despite the terror it invokes in pathetic, hateful little cowards like you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIbEj1CIpuU]The sound of inevitability - YouTube[/ame]

Why is it that some blacks feel that we need to integrate every aspect of black or white
society? Can we as black people choose to go to an all black prom, and not be called racist
for doing so?. Can whites attend all white proms for themselves also?.

Can't we have all black events, with people from our own race without attracting comments of being racists.

I am getting sick and tired of whites trying to infiltrate the black community, and our events.

I attended an all black church when I was young, we didn't have any problems with
whites trying to infiltrate the church back then. Why all this integration now?

your thoughts please.

My thoughts are that you are little differant from the crackers that try to continue the segragationist tradition. What about those of us that have more than one race in our background? That will soon be the majority in this nation, and an increasing percentage of people, worldwide.

Segragation, whatever the source, is a claim of superiority on the part of those enforcing that segragation.

Why is it that some blacks feel that we need to integrate every aspect of black or white
society? Can we as black people choose to go to an all black prom, and not be called racist

Can't we have all black events, with people from our own race without attracting comments of being racists.

I am getting sick and tired of whites trying to infiltrate the black community, and our events.

I attended an all black church when I was young, we didn't have any problems with

your thoughts please.

You are a jack ass, those are my toughts.

your thoughts please.

And you are an white ass kisser, always degrading black people who are afro centric, or
who are not into integrating with whites.

If blacks and whites wish to be centric, isolated, segregated, whatever in their private lives, so be it.

But in the public forum with public tax monies, no can do, katz and steph and 52nd. Tuff dat.

You don't want go, no one will make you.

true story:

i dated a black girl in 10th grade. we were in love, as much as teenagers can be.

there was a black union group and they planned a trip to SF. i wanted to go and my girlfriend wanted me to go. well, the group said no because i'm white. we both protested, to no avail.

sadly, after this 'public' falling out, we became pariah. whites hated me for dating her, blacks hated her for dating me and both whites and blacks hated me and her for daring to date a black girl. i will not go into any further details, nonetheless, racism exists in all skin color and it makes me sick.

I am sad you had to experience that, Yurt, and that your young lady had to go through it as well.

your thoughts please.

And you are an white ass kisser, always degrading black people who are afro centric, or
who are not into integrating with whites.

You are a fucking hypocrite because if a white person doesn't want to integrate with you they are racists right?:cuckoo:

Black nationalists and separatist (many of them) do not understand that the theory is racist.

This is a very small southern Georgia town. Back when they were forced to integrate, the school eliminated prom rather than have black students and white students dance together. Since then parents have hosted special racially segregated dances. However, the graduating class of 2013 decided it was time to end this tradition, and pushed for a real prom.

For the 1st time in more than 40 years the school will host prom, for both black and white students, together.

God. I had no idea there were places in the States still that backward. How sad.

Arkansas

I know a woman there.... the private school was all up in arms...... they were getting their FIRST black student that year. A good many were pretty darn pissed about that.

Arkansas

I know a woman there.... the private school was all up in arms...... they were getting their FIRST black student that year. A good many were pretty darn pissed about that.

There are some parts of this country that is like stepping into a time machine, there are some rural areas in West Virginia where they don't have electricity and/or running water.

Arkansas

There are some parts of this country that is like stepping into a time machine, there are some rural areas in West Virginia where they don't have electricity and/or running water.

its culture shock!

I am sad you had to experience that, Yurt, and that your young lady had to go through it as well.

it was one of the most marginalizing experiences i've encountered. the only support i had was from one friend and my divorced mother and father. i did not have the support from the principle. this was (circa, but about actual) 1990.

it was one of the most marginalizing experiences i've encountered. the only support i had was from one friend and my divorced mother and father. i did not have the support from the principle. this was (circa, but about actual) 1990.

You went through this in 1990? Sweet Jesus, I am sorry to hear that.

Forum List

Back