Science denialism: The problem that just won’t go away

All of the denialist arguments (anti-evolution, anti-global warming, etc.=anti-science) have similar fallacious arguments, and all use the same arguments that were used by the tobacco industry to deny the fact that cigarette smoking causes disease. Coincidence?

Science denialism The problem that just won t go away EARTH Magazine

Often in our culture, science is rendered disposable if it stomps on a cherished claim; faith trumps reality. This attitude is internally inconsistent: Atomic theory is OK when we use it to X-ray our teeth or build a nuclear power station, but invalid when it comes to assessing the age of the planet. Evolutionary insight is OK when it guides the production of our annual flu shot, but deniers refuse to let it tell them from whence they came. Science is the way forward, but not for people who don’t want to go forward.

More at the link.

The problem with you left wing nut jobs, well one of many, is that you don't actually know shit about science, you just know that this particular science agrees with you. In fact you can't stand science when it conflicts with you, such as forensic science when it proves that a young black thug tried to kill a cop.

People like me love science AND history. When you love science, you know how science works and you know science's history. When you know both of these things you know right away that climate change is most likely garbage.

Here's a little tidbit for you; historically science has been more wrong than right. Chew on that for a while.
Really? You love science? So, if your position is that man is not creating the present warming, link us some informatibe credible sources with evidence for your position.

Unlike you morons who think that all you have to do is accept AGW to feel superior, I actually am science literate and don't need to link to other people's thoughts and words. I know science, it has been my career for 32 years. I have the knowledge to think for myself.

One thing that you who don't know shit about science and therefor don't know is that I can't prove a negative. You need to prove that man is causing the warming. That is something that the AGW believers have so far failed to do.

It's one thing to blindly follow what others do and say, it's another to know enough about the subject to know if you are being taken for a ride. The important thing is that I not only know and love science, but I know and love history. When you know both, you know that AGW is a scam.

Judging from your utter denial of climate change science, I question the truth of your claim. And pregnant dude, even if it is true that you have some modicum of science education and experience, that does not make you an expert in climate change science or even in Earth Science.

You could have just said, "I have no idea. I just parrot whatever I'm told"
Since you want to deny facts, let me educate you on evolution.
Human Evolution Evidence The Smithsonian Institution s Human Origins Program

Let's start with the basics, hmmmkay

How did atoms and molecules "evolve" to form the first cells
We dont know exactly how and when life started but the first life didn't have oxygen. So eventually plants came and started putting oxygen in the air and today we need oxygen to live.

Its very hard to explain but when you learn all the facts you realize people who deny evolution do so for bad reasons.

Are you saying that before plants there was no oxygen in the air? I don't think that's accurate. I seem to remember something about cyanobacteria.

No, it was blue-green algae the first started producing oxygen.

Erm, cyanobacteria includes blue-green algae.

All of the denialist arguments (anti-evolution, anti-global warming, etc.=anti-science) have similar fallacious arguments, and all use the same arguments that were used by the tobacco industry to deny the fact that cigarette smoking causes disease. Coincidence?

Often in our culture, science is rendered disposable if it stomps on a cherished claim; faith trumps reality. This attitude is internally inconsistent: Atomic theory is OK when we use it to X-ray our teeth or build a nuclear power station, but invalid when it comes to assessing the age of the planet. Evolutionary insight is OK when it guides the production of our annual flu shot, but deniers refuse to let it tell them from whence they came. Science is the way forward, but not for people who don’t want to go forward.

More at the link.

The problem with you left wing nut jobs, well one of many, is that you don't actually know shit about science, you just know that this particular science agrees with you. In fact you can't stand science when it conflicts with you, such as forensic science when it proves that a young black thug tried to kill a cop.

People like me love science AND history. When you love science, you know how science works and you know science's history. When you know both of these things you know right away that climate change is most likely garbage.

Here's a little tidbit for you; historically science has been more wrong than right. Chew on that for a while.
Really? You love science? So, if your position is that man is not creating the present warming, link us some informatibe credible sources with evidence for your position.

Unlike you morons who think that all you have to do is accept AGW to feel superior, I actually am science literate and don't need to link to other people's thoughts and words. I know science, it has been my career for 32 years. I have the knowledge to think for myself.

One thing that you who don't know shit about science and therefor don't know is that I can't prove a negative. You need to prove that man is causing the warming. That is something that the AGW believers have so far failed to do.

It's one thing to blindly follow what others do and say, it's another to know enough about the subject to know if you are being taken for a ride. The important thing is that I not only know and love science, but I know and love history. When you know both, you know that AGW is a scam.

Judging from your utter denial of climate change science, I question the truth of your claim. And pregnant dude, even if it is true that you have some modicum of science education and experience, that does not make you an expert in climate change science or even in Earth Science.

Denial is a cult word that no real scientist ever uses

Translation: "I don't know dick about anything, but I'm in a cool Cult that get to call people "DENIERS!!!!!""
translation: "I am an entitled Bible thumper and a white man to boot...you have a lot of damn gall to have a different view than I do"....you are in a pretty cool cult too "the Bushy bearded White man God" cult

The white man God brought this country to the top of the heap in record time

Translation: "I don't know dick about anything, but I'm in a cool Cult that get to call people "DENIERS!!!!!""
translation: "I am an entitled Bible thumper and a white man to boot...you have a lot of damn gall to have a different view than I do"....you are in a pretty cool cult too "the Bushy bearded White man God" cult

The white man God brought this country to the top of the heap in record time
so you are a Bachmannesque creationist, end-days-type 57Frank?

More at the link.

They have proved it. Same way they have proved evolution is real.

What kind of science you know?

No they haven't proved it. Shows how little you know. Oh, and yes, I know that evolution is fact. You fail all around.

More at the link.

God u dumb

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 59
Here is a little bit of a tid bit for you thumpy...science is a process not a destination...moron..that is why evolution is called "the theory of evolution" not the ":fact of evolution"...so science has not been wrong it simply moved to another view after examining further data ...now if you think there is something that produces more benefits than science use it...its not gonna be religion I assure you thumpy....

No numbskull, if you knew anything at all, you would know that it has been flat out wrong before.

I believe in evolution and I'm not religious. So yeah you fail all around.

No they haven't proved it. Shows how little you know. Oh, and yes, I know that evolution is fact. You fail all around.
It is proven, you're just desperate to deny facts.

More at the link.

Wtf? Pregnant? It's PRED not Preg, you illiterate fuck. It is because of my knowledge of science and history, that I deny AGW.

In your ignorance, you cannot distinguish between Climate Change, AGW, and Global Warming. I doubt you have the knowledge and intelligence to even be discussing the subject. All you can do is cut and paste and repeat the lie that if you don't believe in AGW then you must hate science.

No it isn't, nit wit.

No it isn't, nit wit.
Every international scientific body disagrees with you, and the overwhelming majority of climate scientists.

No it isn't, nit wit.
Every international scientific body disagrees with you, and the overwhelming majority of climate scientists.

Really, you should stop. You're embarassing yourself.

No it isn't, nit wit.

Really, you should stop. You're embarassing yourself.
Name one international scientific body that doesn't.

No it isn't, nit wit.

An appeal to authority is a logical fallacy.

Wtf? Pregnant? It's PRED not Preg, you illiterate fuck. It is because of my knowledge of science and history, that I deny AGW.

It was an intentional swipe, dude. You know, like, you are making a pregnant argument.

In your ignorance, you cannot distinguish between Climate Change, AGW, and Global Warming. I doubt you have the knowledge and intelligence to even be discussing the subject. All you can do is cut and paste and repeat the lie that if you don't believe in AGW then you must hate science.

Oh really? And of course, you are published on the subject (or any scientific subject), right and so are an expert? No? Well alrighty then. You were saying?

No it isn't, nit wit.

That doesn't mean it isn't true.

That is a logical fallacy on your part. Some appeals to authority are logical fallacies. That does not mean all appeals to authority are logical fallacies.

If the authorities really are the experts in their field, it's not a logical fallacy. It's only a fallacy when you invoke people who don't have actual expertise in the field.

That is a logical fallacy on your part. Some appeals to authority are logical fallacies. That does not mean all appeals to authority are logical fallacies.

If the authorities really are the experts in their field, it's not a logical fallacy. It's only a fallacy when you invoke people who don't have actual expertise in the field.

Like Anthony Watt,

No it isn't, nit wit.

Is an appeal to evidence also a fallacy?

Forum List

Back