Science denialism: The problem that just won’t go away

No a dude with a bushy beard got some water some dirt and put it together baked it and out came people...then he put them in a garden spot until a talking snake appeared and said to eat of a fruit the bushy bearded entity had left conveniently in the Garden spot...the rest is history....hey we are all the product of incest..... Adam and Eve kids procreated with one another .......

You could have just said, "I have no idea. I just parrot whatever I'm told"
Since you want to deny facts, let me educate you on evolution.
Human Evolution Evidence The Smithsonian Institution s Human Origins Program

Let's start with the basics, hmmmkay

How did atoms and molecules "evolve" to form the first cells
We dont know exactly how and when life started but the first life didn't have oxygen. So eventually plants came and started putting oxygen in the air and today we need oxygen to live.

Its very hard to explain but when you learn all the facts you realize people who deny evolution do so for bad reasons.
Evolution has nothing to do with how life started anyways..
I was listening to dawkins explain how life started very basic and mutations occurred and being able to make copied or replicate or multiply then compete for space. I need to hear it again before I can explain it like he did.

We dont know exactly how and when life started but the first life didn't have oxygen. So eventually plants came and started putting oxygen in the air and today we need oxygen to live.

Its very hard to explain but when you learn all the facts you realize people who deny evolution do so for bad reasons.
Evolution has nothing to do with how life started anyways..
I was listening to dawkins explain how life started very basic and mutations occurred and being able to make copied or replicate or multiply then compete for space. I need to hear it again before I can explain it like he did.
He was referring to single celled organisms.

Now I know you're a real quack.

Inorganic atoms and molecules bumped around and formed amino acids and proteins and developed self awareness.

Yeah, right
No a dude with a bushy beard got some water some dirt and put it together baked it and out came people...then he put them in a garden spot until a talking snake appeared and said to eat of a fruit the bushy bearded entity had left conveniently in the Garden spot...the rest is history....hey we are all the product of incest..... Adam and Eve kids procreated with one another .......

The first atoms formed out of the primordial plasma of subatomic particles that arose out of the big bang. These atoms were hydrogen and helium. All of the rest of the elements of the periodic table arose out of supernova explosions. And frank, atoms don't evolve into cells. Complex organic molecules eventually became cells by growth and stoichiometry.

Inorganic atoms and molecules bumped around and formed amino acids and proteins and developed self awareness.

Yeah, right

The first atoms formed out of the primordial plasma of subatomic particles that arose out of the big bang. These atoms were hydrogen and helium. All of the rest of the elements of the periodic table arose out of supernova explosions. And frank, atoms don't evolve into cells. Complex organic molecules eventually became cells by growth and stoichiometry.

According to your theory atoms > molecule, now here comes the tricky part, amino acids (or proteins) magically align to form a functioning cell

According to your theory atoms > molecule, now here comes the tricky part, amino acids (or proteins) magically align to form a functioning cell
Refer to the papers I've posted, and again, this isn't relevant to evolution.

Evolution is a tool that changes life forms, no doubt. But it says very little about how the first spark of life came into being.

Yeah, right

Are you saying that before plants there was no oxygen in the air? I don't think that's accurate. I seem to remember something about cyanobacteria.

Are you saying that before plants there was no oxygen in the air? I don't think that's accurate. I seem to remember something about cyanobacteria.
What put oxygen in the air before life started? The first life on earth didn't breath oxygen. Oxygen would have been poison to them.

The title of this thread is grossly misleading. We are not science deniers because we deny AGW. There is no real science in AGW.

And that claim is why you are a science denier.

...You can't claim to be a scientifically literate just because you believe in AGW.

I agree. But claiming that there is no science in climate change science demonstrates your scientific illiteracy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 61
All of the denialist arguments (anti-evolution, anti-global warming, etc.=anti-science) have similar fallacious arguments, and all use the same arguments that were used by the tobacco industry to deny the fact that cigarette smoking causes disease. Coincidence?

Science denialism The problem that just won t go away EARTH Magazine

Often in our culture, science is rendered disposable if it stomps on a cherished claim; faith trumps reality. This attitude is internally inconsistent: Atomic theory is OK when we use it to X-ray our teeth or build a nuclear power station, but invalid when it comes to assessing the age of the planet. Evolutionary insight is OK when it guides the production of our annual flu shot, but deniers refuse to let it tell them from whence they came. Science is the way forward, but not for people who don’t want to go forward.

More at the link.

The problem with you left wing nut jobs, well one of many, is that you don't actually know shit about science, you just know that this particular science agrees with you. In fact you can't stand science when it conflicts with you, such as forensic science when it proves that a young black thug tried to kill a cop.

People like me love science AND history. When you love science, you know how science works and you know science's history. When you know both of these things you know right away that climate change is most likely garbage.

Here's a little tidbit for you; historically science has been more wrong than right. Chew on that for a while.
Really? You love science? So, if your position is that man is not creating the present warming, link us some informatibe credible sources with evidence for your position.

Unlike you morons who think that all you have to do is accept AGW to feel superior, I actually am science literate and don't need to link to other people's thoughts and words. I know science, it has been my career for 32 years. I have the knowledge to think for myself.

One thing that you who don't know shit about science and therefor don't know is that I can't prove a negative. You need to prove that man is causing the warming. That is something that the AGW believers have so far failed to do.

It's one thing to blindly follow what others do and say, it's another to know enough about the subject to know if you are being taken for a ride. The important thing is that I not only know and love science, but I know and love history. When you know both, you know that AGW is a scam.

All of the denialist arguments (anti-evolution, anti-global warming, etc.=anti-science) have similar fallacious arguments, and all use the same arguments that were used by the tobacco industry to deny the fact that cigarette smoking causes disease. Coincidence?

Often in our culture, science is rendered disposable if it stomps on a cherished claim; faith trumps reality. This attitude is internally inconsistent: Atomic theory is OK when we use it to X-ray our teeth or build a nuclear power station, but invalid when it comes to assessing the age of the planet. Evolutionary insight is OK when it guides the production of our annual flu shot, but deniers refuse to let it tell them from whence they came. Science is the way forward, but not for people who don’t want to go forward.

More at the link.

The problem with you left wing nut jobs, well one of many, is that you don't actually know shit about science, you just know that this particular science agrees with you. In fact you can't stand science when it conflicts with you, such as forensic science when it proves that a young black thug tried to kill a cop.

People like me love science AND history. When you love science, you know how science works and you know science's history. When you know both of these things you know right away that climate change is most likely garbage.

Here's a little tidbit for you; historically science has been more wrong than right. Chew on that for a while.
Really? You love science? So, if your position is that man is not creating the present warming, link us some informatibe credible sources with evidence for your position.

Unlike you morons who think that all you have to do is accept AGW to feel superior, I actually am science literate and don't need to link to other people's thoughts and words. I know science, it has been my career for 32 years. I have the knowledge to think for myself.

One thing that you who don't know shit about science and therefor don't know is that I can't prove a negative. You need to prove that man is causing the warming. That is something that the AGW believers have so far failed to do.

It's one thing to blindly follow what others do and say, it's another to know enough about the subject to know if you are being taken for a ride. The important thing is that I not only know and love science, but I know and love history. When you know both, you know that AGW is a scam.
They have proved it. Same way they have proved evolution is real.

What kind of science you know?

More at the link.

Prove that Bigfoot isn't real

Look dude I edit my post and I answer as I please..you are to me a Bible thumping nut bag and I am not about to make you my editor ...comprende...,now get some Ice cream...put two scoops on a Bible...take a photo ...call the photo "salvation a La Mode"

More at the link.

God u dumb

I truly hope you're not serious.

Absolutely, 100% deadly serious.

The Theory of Evolution makes less than no sense and is a mathematical impossibility
Now I know you're a real quack.

Yeah, right

You should say it first because you really dont know what you are talking about.

Here is a little bit of a tid bit for you thumpy...science is a process not a destination...moron..that is why evolution is called "the theory of evolution" not the ":fact of evolution"...so science has not been wrong it simply moved to another view after examining further data ...now if you think there is something that produces more benefits than science use it...its not gonna be religion I assure you thumpy....

Look dude I edit my post and I answer as I please..you are to me a Bible thumping nut bag and I am not about to make you my editor ...comprende...,now get some Ice cream...put two scoops on a Bible...take a photo ...call the photo "salvation a La Mode"

Translation: "I don't know dick about anything, but I'm in a cool Cult that get to call people "DENIERS!!!!!""

Translation: "I don't know dick about anything, but I'm in a cool Cult that get to call people "DENIERS!!!!!""
translation: "I am an entitled Bible thumper and a white man to boot...you have a lot of damn gall to have a different view than I do"....you are in a pretty cool cult too "the Bushy bearded White man God" cult

No, it was blue-green algae the first started producing oxygen.

What put oxygen in the air before life started? The first life on earth didn't breath oxygen. Oxygen would have been poison to them.

It wasn't plants.

Forum List

Back