🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Science denialism: The problem that just won’t go away

90 years ago evolution wasn't in school curriculums. 50 years ago it was. Moron.

So the Scopes trial was in 1965?

Dayum, the shit you learn from leftists,....

The scopes trial was 90 years ago, dufus. Perhaps you should it look up to find out what the verdict was.

You're the one claiming it was 50 years ago, sploogy...

If you are having comprehension issues, then perhaps you should take some English classes, because - damn.

All the while willfully ignoring the fact that the only crime that was committed was that somebody hacked government e-mail servers and then posted confidential e-mails on open internet servers for all the world to see. So it is apparently okay if somebody violates international law and the privacy of citizens, but not for scientists to have confidential conversations about their trade.

Translation, we got caught in outright fraud - but it's your fault for reading our conspiracy....

Yes, you deniers certainly DID get caught in outright fraud. None of your claims about the e-mails were true. No climate scientists were prosecuted, much less charges filed. It was a massive waste of time and money, and yet here you are singing the praises of the frauds who actually DID get caught - the deniers.

Back 50 years ago when the US ranked #1 in science education, such spurious dismissives as "denial" and "denialist" would never see light of day. Now that the left has turned our educational system into the illiterate cesspool it is, where we now rank at the bottom of the industrialized world in science education, these Medieval pitchfork & torchlight icons find ready sanctuary in the tiny pea brains of knuckle-draggers like Flopper and Pogo.

50 years ago, you didn't have right wing evangelical creationists and climate science deniers on school boards demanding that our schools "teach the controversy" and trying to get evolution and climate change removed from the curriculum.

The Scopes trial happened about 90 years ago, moron.

90 years ago evolution wasn't in school curriculums. 50 years ago it was. Moron.

To remind you of your stupidity.....

All of the denialist arguments (anti-evolution, anti-global warming, etc.=anti-science) have similar fallacious arguments, and all use the same arguments that were used by the tobacco industry to deny the fact that cigarette smoking causes disease. Coincidence?

Science denialism The problem that just won t go away EARTH Magazine

Often in our culture, science is rendered disposable if it stomps on a cherished claim; faith trumps reality. This attitude is internally inconsistent: Atomic theory is OK when we use it to X-ray our teeth or build a nuclear power station, but invalid when it comes to assessing the age of the planet. Evolutionary insight is OK when it guides the production of our annual flu shot, but deniers refuse to let it tell them from whence they came. Science is the way forward, but not for people who don’t want to go forward.

More at the link.

The problem with you left wing nut jobs, well one of many, is that you don't actually know shit about science, you just know that this particular science agrees with you. In fact you can't stand science when it conflicts with you, such as forensic science when it proves that a young black thug tried to kill a cop.

People like me love science AND history. When you love science, you know how science works and you know science's history. When you know both of these things you know right away that climate change is most likely garbage.

Here's a little tidbit for you; historically science has been more wrong than right. Chew on that for a while.
Really? You love science? So, if your position is that man is not creating the present warming, link us some informatibe credible sources with evidence for your position.

Yes, you deniers certainly DID get caught in outright fraud. None of your claims about the e-mails were true. No climate scientists were prosecuted, much less charges filed. It was a massive waste of time and money, and yet here you are singing the praises of the frauds who actually DID get caught - the deniers.

So it wasn't you fuckwad cultists who got caught? :eek:

“I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.”

Phil Jones (Climatic Research Unit)
University of East Anglia
}

"The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t. The CERES data published in the August BAMS 09 supplement on 2008 shows there should be even more warming: but the data are surely wrong. Our observing system is inadequate."

"…Phil and I have recently submitted a paper using about a dozen NH records that fit this category, and many of which are available nearly 2K back–I think that trying to adopt a timeframe of 2K, rather than the usual 1K, addresses a good earlier point that Peck made w/ regard to the memo, that it would be nice to try to “contain” the putative “MWP”, even if we don’t yet have a hemispheric mean reconstruction available that far back…"

Oh wait, you're lying again - you have no integrity.

Carry on...

Back 50 years ago when the US ranked #1 in science education, such spurious dismissives as "denial" and "denialist" would never see light of day. Now that the left has turned our educational system into the illiterate cesspool it is, where we now rank at the bottom of the industrialized world in science education, these Medieval pitchfork & torchlight icons find ready sanctuary in the tiny pea brains of knuckle-draggers like Flopper and Pogo.

50 years ago, you didn't have right wing evangelical creationists and climate science deniers on school boards demanding that our schools "teach the controversy" and trying to get evolution and climate change removed from the curriculum.

The Scopes trial happened about 90 years ago, moron.

To remind you of your stupidity.....

Not really. I am having trolling issues, though. You are a troll, and that is an issue.

So it wasn't you fuckwad cultists who got caught? :eek:

“I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.”

Phil Jones (Climatic Research Unit)
University of East Anglia
}

"The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t. The CERES data published in the August BAMS 09 supplement on 2008 shows there should be even more warming: but the data are surely wrong. Our observing system is inadequate."

"…Phil and I have recently submitted a paper using about a dozen NH records that fit this category, and many of which are available nearly 2K back–I think that trying to adopt a timeframe of 2K, rather than the usual 1K, addresses a good earlier point that Peck made w/ regard to the memo, that it would be nice to try to “contain” the putative “MWP”, even if we don’t yet have a hemispheric mean reconstruction available that far back…"

Oh wait, you're lying again - you have no integrity.

Carry on...

That you would dredge up these long refuted lies of the deniers speaks to your utter lack of integrity. What are you, anyway? 13, 14 years old? Get a life.

All the while willfully ignoring the fact that the only crime that was committed was that somebody hacked government e-mail servers and then posted confidential e-mails on open internet servers for all the world to see. So it is apparently okay if somebody violates international law and the privacy of citizens, but not for scientists to have confidential conversations about their trade.

Translation, we got caught in outright fraud - but it's your fault for reading our conspiracy....
Wait a minute... if you are saying that, aren't you a conspiracy theorist?

Science denialism stems from a feeling of entitlement. All such people care only that they enjoy the present, without any regard for the well being of future generations.

It is usually because they have learned mythology in place of rational morality. One can only hope there minds will change over time, but if not, it is of little concern to proper society. As there is no natural right to act in a manner that is noxious to all mankind, there is no need to consider their complaints in the least.

I truly hope you're not serious.

Absolutely, 100% deadly serious.

The Theory of Evolution makes less than no sense and is a mathematical impossibility
Now I know you're a real quack.

Inorganic atoms and molecules bumped around and formed amino acids and proteins and developed self awareness.

Yeah, right
No a dude with a bushy beard got some water some dirt and put it together baked it and out came people...then he put them in a garden spot until a talking snake appeared and said to eat of a fruit the bushy bearded entity had left conveniently in the Garden spot...the rest is history....hey we are all the product of incest..... Adam and Eve kids procreated with one another .......

You could have just said, "I have no idea. I just parrot whatever I'm told"
Since you want to deny facts, let me educate you on evolution.
Human Evolution Evidence The Smithsonian Institution s Human Origins Program

Absolutely, 100% deadly serious.

The Theory of Evolution makes less than no sense and is a mathematical impossibility

Inorganic atoms and molecules bumped around and formed amino acids and proteins and developed self awareness.

Yeah, right
No a dude with a bushy beard got some water some dirt and put it together baked it and out came people...then he put them in a garden spot until a talking snake appeared and said to eat of a fruit the bushy bearded entity had left conveniently in the Garden spot...the rest is history....hey we are all the product of incest..... Adam and Eve kids procreated with one another .......

Let's start with the basics, hmmmkay

How did atoms and molecules "evolve" to form the first cells

Yeah, right

It' typical of the uneducated to put forth such ridiculous arguments. One cannot answer currently how the first atoms formed, and atoms have nothing to do with evolution, this is what evolution is: Evolution is change in heritabletraits of biologicalpopulations over successive generations.[1] Evolutionary processes give rise to diversity at every level of biological organisation, including the level of species, individual organisms, and at the level of molecular evolution.[2]
It does not have to account for atoms, how atoms started, etc, etc.. That is a whole other thing entirely, but the big bang answers this. The molecules?
Abiogenesis - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
How Did Life Start On Earth Las Cumbres Observatory Global Telescope Network
Creatures from the Black Lagoon Lessons in the Diversity and Evolution of Eukaryotes
Much more on the subject.

All of the denialist arguments (anti-evolution, anti-global warming, etc.=anti-science) have similar fallacious arguments, and all use the same arguments that were used by the tobacco industry to deny the fact that cigarette smoking causes disease. Coincidence?

Often in our culture, science is rendered disposable if it stomps on a cherished claim; faith trumps reality. This attitude is internally inconsistent: Atomic theory is OK when we use it to X-ray our teeth or build a nuclear power station, but invalid when it comes to assessing the age of the planet. Evolutionary insight is OK when it guides the production of our annual flu shot, but deniers refuse to let it tell them from whence they came. Science is the way forward, but not for people who don’t want to go forward.

More at the link.

Same with the lead industry. For decades they argued it was safe. They even had scientists who testified it was safe. Ones on the payroll.

More at the link.

Same with the lead industry. For decades they argued it was safe. They even had scientists who testified it was safe. Ones on the payroll.
Same with a lot of things, right now, it appears to be coal/oil/etc...

Yeah, right

We dont know exactly how and when life started but the first life didn't have oxygen. So eventually plants came and started putting oxygen in the air and today we need oxygen to live.

Its very hard to explain but when you learn all the facts you realize people who deny evolution do so for bad reasons.

Yeah, right

We dont know exactly how and when life started but the first life didn't have oxygen. So eventually plants came and started putting oxygen in the air and today we need oxygen to live.

Its very hard to explain but when you learn all the facts you realize people who deny evolution do so for bad reasons.
Evolution has nothing to do with how life started anyways..

Maybe. I mean it has to have something to do with it right? Amino acids, proteans the 4 common or basic elements dna.

I dont know what I'm talking about. All I know is its fascinating.

Maybe. I mean it has to have something to do with it right? Amino acids, proteans the 4 common or basic elements dna.

I dont know what I'm talking about. All I know is its fascinating.
(You don't sorry, X.D.) But anyways, this is evolution: Evolution is change in heritabletraits of biologicalpopulations over successive generations.[1] Evolutionary processes give rise to diversity at every level of biological organisation, including the level of species, individual organisms, and at the level of molecular evolution.[2]
Nothing about explaining how the initial amino acids formed or anything, although we have explanations for that to.

Forum List

Back