Scientists Enlist The Big Gun to Get Climate Action: Faith

People like Silly Billy, Kosh, and Freewill are incapable of discussing science. None of them have even a grade school comprehension of the subject. Yet they believe that their idiocies should be accepted as Gospel by others.

Yes, many people of faith are stating that we have to be a good steward of what we have. Sounds like a reasonable course of action, whether one believes in a Diety or not.

People like Silly Billy, Kosh, and Freewill are incapable of discussing science. None of them have even a grade school comprehension of the subject. Yet they believe that their idiocies should be accepted as Gospel by others.

Yes, many people of faith are stating that we have to be a good steward of what we have. Sounds like a reasonable course of action, whether one believes in a Diety or not.

Who isn't discussing science? The conservation of energy applies to isolated systems, is the Earth an isolated system? Do you or your buddy even understand what is an isolated system? Do you understand that the Conservation of energy does not apply? No I suppose you don't.

Example of Ignorance ^^^^^^^^

DO the laws of energy conservation apply to an open system? If so, show me how you determined this. Please be sure to show your work as it helps me understand your thought process.

Last edited:

Who isn't discussing science? The conservation of energy applies to isolated systems, is the Earth an isolated system? Do you or your buddy even understand what is an isolated system? Do you understand that the Conservation of energy does not apply? No I suppose you don't.

You would label me an alarmist or warmer or whatever, but you're correct: the law of conservation of energy does not apply to the Earth as a whole. It receives energy from an external source, the sun and the cosmos, and reflects some of that (albedo and magnetic field) while also losing some of it's produced energy due to atmosphere loss other processes.

But does it lose more than it gains? Are there other factors that effect that transaction that accelerate it or slow it down? And if so, to what degree?

Yes, the laws concerning the conservation of energy do apply to the Earth. It is an open system, but if you add energy, that energy either has to be reradiated or it adds to the total energy of the system. And if there is something in the system that leads it to absorb more of the energy it recieves, then it will also gain more energy. The basic law of the conservation of energy, is that energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Other than in the nuclear realm, this is as true today as it was in Newton's time.

Forum List

Back