Scotland scraps climate change targets

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
England

The Scottish government has confirmed it will scrap its annual and interim targets for cutting greenhouse gas emissions.

They will be replaced with a system measuring emissions every five years.

Ministers have announced a raft of measures to cut planet-warming gases including a national integrated ticketing system for public transport.
New legislation will be introduced similar to the carbon budgets used by the UK and Welsh governments.

The Scottish government insists the long-term target to reach net zero by 2045 "steadfastly" remains

Oh well, I suppose they have to keep adapting their dreams as reality creeps in. I wonder what new date will be set the closer they get to 2045 as well, all at the tax payers expense.

The Scottish government has confirmed it will scrap its annual and interim targets for cutting greenhouse gas emissions.

Ministers have announced a raft of measures to cut planet-warming gases including a national integrated ticketing system for public transport.
New legislation will be introduced similar to the carbon budgets used by the UK and Welsh governments.

The Scottish government insists the long-term target to reach net zero by 2045 "steadfastly" remains

Oh well, I suppose they have to keep adapting their dreams as reality creeps in. I wonder what new date will be set the closer they get to 2045 as well, all at the tax payers expense.

As long as the Ayatollah of Scotland, Humza Haroon Yousaf, is running things. :rolleyes:

As long as the Ayatollah of Scotland, Humza Haroon Yousaf, is running things. :rolleyes:
Good news about Sturgeon's husband, she must be shitting herself wondering when she'll get charged too. SNP are declining, but Labour are only one 'useless' step behind them.

Humza is useless, a token Muslim.

Good news about Sturgeon's husband, she must be shitting herself wondering when she'll get charged too. SNP are declining, but Labour are only one 'useless' step behind them.

“Useless” is exactly right.

They won't need to pick a new date since we will be doomed I tell you doomed in just a matter of a few years.....or so we were told.

What a master stroke if Yousaf is a long term Conservative insert with Intel support, and is there just to start a Tory come- back in Scotty Land -- with a longer term aim of getting them to merge closer to their betters , rather than seek independence .
We can then start to teach them how to speak good English and improve their manners .

What a master stroke if Yousaf is a long term Conservative insert with Intel support, and is there just to start a Tory come- back in Scotty Land -- with a longer term aim of getting them to merge closer to their betters , rather than seek independence .
We can then start to teach them how to speak good English and improve their manners .
When I speak to the girlfriends mother, I have to put a Scottish accent on, she struggles to understand correct English, lol.

The Greens are wanting to pull out of the coalition because the SNP are pulling the plug on the climate targets, so Yousaf has got a "tits up" situation to sort out.

Forum List

Back