🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Scott Walker's fiscal policies leading to deficits for Wisconsin

kiwiman127

Comfortably Moderate
Oct 19, 2010
4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
Wisconsin's budget that ends in June 2015 is projected to have a $116 million shortfall and a $1.8 deficit by 2017. Not to appear to be an alarmist, those numbers could change once actual spending and tax collections are complete in the coming months.
“We have a proven track record of managing the taxpayers’ money well,” said Walker spokeswoman Laurel Patrick. “By continuing to grow the economy, finding further efficiencies in government, continuing to eliminate waste, we will take care of any future structural issues.” *
Wisconsin's economic outlook is ranked 39th by Business Insider.
State Economic Growth Rankings - Business Insider
Wisconsin ranked 37th in job creation.
Wisconsin 37th in job creation last year - Businessweek
What does all of this mean for Scott Walker's presidential hopes?
Discuss.
For more on Wisconsin's projected deficit:
Wisconsin Shortfall Projected At $1.8 Billion

Wisconsin Shortfall Projected At 1.8 Billion CBS Minnesota

I own property in Wisconsin, so I have stayed pretty much up on what's going on in that state.
What has been claimed by certain elements of the media and posters on this board have painted a different picture than what is actual reality.
Walker/Wisconsin have made progress but it pales to other states, including Minnesota (where I live). It seems like the success will be short lived as the approach taken provided just a small bandage on a big wound.
I just recently put my property up for sale, I hope it's sold before the bottom falls out regarding the economic status of the state hits. Because then, I can count on my property taxes skyrocketing.

Basically, he cut taxes, which reduced spending for stuff like schools, but passed the bill onto getting give backs from public unions, but now he's left with the same old deficit ... only now he's spending less on schools and taxing less. That's the crux of one of the links. It's Kansas but with a bigger tax base. Ideologues make lousy executives.

I've lived in Wis my whole life. Yes taxes will have to rise and if they do you can bet it will be the middle class that gets hit. The big corporations won't be touched. Typical USA politics.

Forum List

Back