🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Scottish referendum next?

For approximately two years Britain is still in the EU and EU migration policies remain in effect. Those living in Britain who wish to flee to Europe have a limited-time opportunity to up-stakes and relocate. But they don't so they must not really want to stay IN The EU.

If tariffs are imposed on UK exports then so will tariffs be applied to imports from the EU. Because UK imports more than it exports to the EU, this will create a windfall for UK as the balance is 70/80 billion pounds.
Tariffs on German cars and French produe for example will make those products more expensive and thus fewer people will buy leading to job losses across the EU. The German car industry is a major voice and will not allow Merkel to preside over job losses just to spite the UK.

On another point, whilst the Brexit vote is an instruction to the UK government to get us the hell out of the EU and is not legally binding, I pity any UK government that goes against the will of the public and refuses to do its bidding. Such a move would switch votes to UKIP whose sole premise is to get the UK out of Europe. UKIP might not form a government but the votes it takes off other parties will lead to a coalition government, and none of the main parties want that.

There will be no disregarding of this UK democratic vote nor will there be a second referendum. The course is set and people had better make the best of it.
Trade wars are just plain bad. Exporters from Britain will be at a competitive disadvantage and importers will sell less at higher prices. The British people will pay more for the imports since they import more than they export.

Free trade allows each country to produce what it can produce the best without government jacking up prices for political reasons
. The only beneficiary is the government who collects the taxes and builds bigger bureaucracies.
How so when 90% of the UK's trade is outside of the EU, and now we will be able to trade freely without EU interference. Every trade deal we made had to be offered to the other member states for approval and acceptance. If another member state wanted to take the deal they were allowed to and the UK lost. Within the EU we were thrown the scraps and told to be thankful we had them. So our trade will not suffer, and leaving the EU has already opened up new markets for our goods and services. This is why the stock markets are picking up after the small blip last week

I don't think 90% is correct. "The EU in 2014 accounted for 44.6% of UK exports of goods and services, and 53.2% of UK imports of goods and services.
[ARCHIVED CONTENT] UK Government Web Archive – The National Archives

Furthermore, British trade with over 52 countries is ridding on EU trade agreements. Once they leave the EU, Britain will either have to negotiate and exit treaty that somehow gives them access to these EU agreements or negotiate new agreements with the EU or member states as well as replace EU agreements with non-member states. That's a tall order to complete in two years.

Trade agreements are not only complex, but they often take years to negotiate because each countries existing laws and regulations must be considered. If you're replacing a 20 year old agreement, laws and regulations in the two countries will have changed over the years. This makes the agreement a political matter involving both the legislative and executive branches of both governments. Of course the task is even larger when the agreements are multi-national.

There is also another major issue and that's investments and money flow but that's too long to address in this post.

For approximately two years Britain is still in the EU and EU migration policies remain in effect. Those living in Britain who wish to flee to Europe have a limited-time opportunity to up-stakes and relocate. But they don't so they must not really want to stay IN The EU.
Yes, British citizens can move freely to other EU countries now. However, what happens once they are there and Britain separates? Currently the British can travel between EU countries without passports or visas and work in most countries with no work permit. All you need is some kind of personal id such as drivers licence or national id card to show if you are stopped by police or applying for a job. Once Britain leaves the EU, that no longer applies. What happens to millions of Britons living in the EU countries as well as EU members working in Britain? It all depends on the exit agreement. Article 50 requires only that EU attempt to workout and exit agreement. There will of course be one but the EU will not make it easy for the British.

Last edited:
Yes, British citizens can move freely to other EU countries now. However, what happens once they are there and Britain separates? Currently the British can travel between EU countries without passports or visas and work in most countries with no work permit. All you need is some kind of personal id such as drivers licence or national id card to show if you are stopped by police or applying for a job. Once Britain leaves the EU, that no longer applies. What happens to millions Britons living in the EU countries as well as EU members working in Britain? It all depends on the exit agreement. Article 50 requires only that EU attempt to workout and exit agreement. There will of course be one but the EU will not make it easy for the British.

All excellent questions and I'm certain you'll give us the benefit of your experience when you've settled in.

Yes but not so easy for them. They must find an EU country that gives them a local citizenship within those two years. Germany will not, as German laws forbid it.

Yes, British citizens can move freely to other EU countries now. However, what happens once they are there and Britain separates? Currently the British can travel between EU countries without passports or visas and work in most countries with no work permit. All you need is some kind of personal id such as drivers licence or national id card to show if you are stopped by police or applying for a job. Once Britain leaves the EU, that no longer applies. What happens to millions Britons living in the EU countries as well as EU members working in Britain? It all depends on the exit agreement. Article 50 requires only that EU attempt to workout and exit agreement. There will of course be one but the EU will not make it easy for the British.

All excellent questions and I'm certain you'll give us the benefit of your experience when you've settled in.

I have no idea and doubt anyone in government does. They will have to work something out. About 1.5 million Brits are in other EU countries and about twice as many citizens of EU countries are in Britain.

For a group of people who urged a step most economists regarded as irrational, some of those who campaigned for the U.K. to leave the European Union are unusually confident now that economic rationality will hold sway in the exit negotiations.

Many who favored so-called Brexit are sure that the 27 other EU governments will allow the U.K. unrestricted access to the reduced single market of 440 million people, figuring they will be eager to have free access to the lucrative U.K. market of 65 million. Influential German car companies, they insist, will bundle Berlin, and with it the EU, into a trade deal that suits London nicely.

Most economists argued that Brexit would make the U.K. poorer—and therefore a vote to leave wouldn’t be something a rational economic actor would do. It happened nonetheless. ...

In a rational world, the EU would indeed react to Brexit by seeking the closest economic relationship possible with the U.K., and this may be what happens. But there are other factors suggesting this outcome shouldn’t be taken for granted. ...

Asymmetry: Yes, the U.K. is important to Germany. German exports to Britain totaled £60.7 billion last year, almost twice British exports to Germany, and the U.K. was Germany’s third-largest export market. But the EU as a whole takes 45% of British exports, a share that has fallen in recent years while remaining very significant. On the other hand, Jonathan Portes of the National Institute of Economic and Social Research has calculated, just under 16% of EU goods exports go to the U.K.; Ireland and Cyprus are the only two EU countries that send more than 10% of their goods exports to the U.K. In other words, the EU is more important to Britain than vice versa.​

U.K. Can’t Bank on EU’s Rationality in Talks

WRONG as the UK takes a lot more from Europe amounting to 80% of our total trade while sending just 20% to the EU. In simple terms this means for every £1 of trade we only get 20% in our pockets. That is the scraps thrown to us by the EU, is it any wonder we have rebelled ?

I still think Germany will be next to come to its senses and take a vote. How that might turn out I will not even attempt to predict but I really believe they will very efficiently hold an in-out election in 18-24 months. Especially if the island that is Britain does not sink under the weight of the Euro bullshit.
Germany rules the EU, at least financially. And France rules it politically. How would an anti-EU referendum there go beyond the ultranationalist fringes?

Nonsense. I don't know the exact number how many Germans resigned jobs in the European Central Bank, because they did not like to be responsible for the idiotic politics of the ECB. It were a lot. I never heard any German who is convinced from the politics of the ECB. And the politics of the EU-Commission shows for me very clear a gigantic influence of american money and/or the american secret services. Mr. Junkers for example is in the moment ready to ignore the people in Europe because he alone - I guess under influence of the american secret services - likes to decide about free trade contracts with Canada and/or the USA. No one here likes this contracts. Europe needs much more democracy. So the best is for Europe to start to make a real good democratic constitution: "In the responsiblity before god the people of the nations of Europe give themselve the following constitution ... ". This was impossible with England. Perhaps this is the deeper reason why England had to resign. No one should forget that Europe is a peace-project and not an american "continously in war with everyone"-project.

Last edited:
Yes but not so easy for them. They must find an EU country that gives them a local citizenship within those two years. Germany will not, as German laws forbid it.

It's not any problem for an Anglo-Saxon to say "I am a German" because this is true. Our laws have to accept Germans as Germans. And by the way: Welcome Scotland - if you like to stay to be a member of the European Union.

Last edited:
I still think Germany will be next to come to its senses and take a vote. How that might turn out I will not even attempt to predict but I really believe they will very efficiently hold an in-out election in 18-24 months. Especially if the island that is Britain does not sink under the weight of the Euro bullshit.
Germany rules the EU, at least financially. And France rules it politically. How would an anti-EU referendum there go beyond the ultranationalist fringes?

Nonsense. I don't know the exact number how many Germans resigned jobs in the European Central Bank, because they did not like to be responsible for the idiotic politics of the ECB. It were a lot. I never heard any German who is convinced from the politics of the ECB. And the politics of the EU-Commission shows for me very clear a gigantic influence of american money and/or the american secret services. Mr. Junkers for example is in the moment ready to ignore the people in Europe because he alone - I guess under influence of the american secret services - likes to decide about free trade contracts with Canada and/or the USA. No one here likes this contracts. Europe needs much more democracy. So the best is for Europe to start to make a real good democratic constitution: "In the responsiblity before god the people of the nations of Europe give themselve the following constitution ... ". This was impossible with England. Perhaps this is the deeper reason why England had to resign. No one should forget that Europe is a peace-project and not an american "continously in war with everyone"-project.

How can you say that the European Union is a peace project? It supports ultra nationalistic legislation in its member states selectively. That is a fact.

It's not any problem for an Anglo-Saxon to say "I am a German" because this is true. Our laws have to accept Germans as Germans. And by the way: Welcome Scotland - if you like to stay to be a member of the European Union.

But it is true, as per earlier posts here, that Spain has vetoed Scotland's EU membership, because Spain is already afraid of its own separatists, and doesn't want a successful Scottish separation. Spain hasn't even accepted Kosovo to this day.

How can the EU support "ultra-nationalistic legislation" in its member states? It's an oxymoron. The EU does just the opposite, it seeks to reduce nationalism and induce cooperation among its member states.

How can you say that the European Union is a peace project? It supports ultra nationalistic legislation in its member states selectively. That is a fact.

I say Europe is a peace-project, because Europe is a peace-project. And I said it with my keyboard in the english language - but thought it the same time in German. I used a trick: We call this trick "translation" ... ahm ... sorry "We call it "Übersetzung" - you call it "translation." That was how I was able to say so. And "ultra nationalistic legislation in its member states" is an empty phrase for me. I don't know what this could be and what other people are doing in their countries or not. We are doing for example such things in our country:

Last edited:
How can the EU support "ultra-nationalistic legislation" in its member states? It's an oxymoron. The EU does just the opposite, it seeks to reduce nationalism and induce cooperation among its member states.
It may be an oxymoron, but it is also a fact. For example I guess a Google search could find the EU support documentation for Slovakia's 2006 national language law that mandates financial penalties to be paid if blacklisted languages are used in the country.

I say Europe is a peace-project, because Europe is a peace-project. And I said it with my keyboard in the english language - but though in German. I used a trick: We call it "translation" ... ahm ... sorry "We call it "Übersetzung" - you call it "translation." That was how I was able to say so.

English is not my first language either. And I speak German too. You know well that that was not my question. Hehe. The EU is not a peace project. The EU forced Cyprus to sign away the northern half of its own homeland, forced Poland to do the same to its east, and forced Hingary too to give up half of its native villages to its enemies, at some places less than 40 miles from the capital. So what peace project do you mean?

It's not a fact, it is bullshit. A Google search would not find anything of the sort regarding languages, in fact, the EU angers nationalists because it insists on states recognizing minority languages. You have been drinking the kool aid and/or are full of shit.

It's not a fact, it is bullshit. A Google search would not find anything of the sort regarding languages, in fact, the EU angers nationalists because it insists on states recognizing minority languages. You have been drinking the kool aid and/or are full of shit.
Language law of Slovakia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You are lying which is fine but lying is not debating. By the way, deleting this Wikipedia page is not changing the facts either, no matter how much you communist neo Marxist pigs want it.

But it is true, as per earlier posts here, that Spain has vetoed Scotland's EU membership, because Spain is already afraid of its own separatists, and doesn't want a successful Scottish separation. Spain hasn't even accepted Kosovo to this day.

As far as I can see the independence of the Kosovo is nonsense. This state seems to be completly under control of organized criminals. And Spain has a very instable political situation between left and right. That's not comparable with the situation of Scotland and/or England. I'm sure "we" can speak with "Spain" - whoever "we" could be in this context and whoever "Spain" could be in this context. Sometimes I miss the competence of men like Otto von Habsburg.

Last edited:

As far as I can see the independence of the Kosovo is nonsense. This state seems to be completly under control of organized criminals. And Spain has a a very instable political situation. That's not comparable with the situation of Scotland and/or England. I'm sure "we" can speak with "Spain" - whoever "we" could be in this context and whoever "Spain" could be in this context. Sometimes I miss the competence of men like Otto von Habsburg.

Otto Von Habsburg is evil too. His grandfather, Leopold organized a 60 % level genocide against his own people in 1711. But yes, I agree, that uniting people is fastest achieved by genocide, so this is a form of competence. I would appreciate though if however evil he may be, he convinces Spain to withdraw its veto against Scotland.

Forum List

Back