SCOTUS just spanked the Public Sector Unions.

Actually no. The unions cannot help these home health care workers. They cannot give them better working conditions. They cannot limit their hours or even get them overtime pay. They cannot give them better or different workplace safety requirements. The unions get fees and dues for doing basically nothing. And so the workers, led by Pamela Harris sued and won. Why do you hate to see the littlest of the little guy win one?

but that was their argument in front of scotus. That they got these workers better deals, and the workers even agreed that it happened. They just dont want to pay the dues.
so with that being said, Fuck the stay at home workers, they are part-time. They don't want to pay, then the unions dont have to fight for them.
It will be funny when they start getting fucked over and start whining about how the unions are not helping them now.

I dont mind this ruling, nor does it destroy unions at all.

Hey genius...This is merely a continuation of the push back against public sector unions that have been ripping off taxpayers and lining the pockets of union friendly politicians for decades.
These rulings and new state laws such as the ones in Wisconsin and Indiana are a growing trend. Also, right to work is going to become law in more states as tapped out taxpayers pressure politicians to rid them of the burden of unionized( very expensive) labor.
the right to work is utter bullshit and shouldnt pass anywhere. Ive worked in a right to work state.

Unions are perfectly fine. They do good things. Corruption is not just in Unions. So that excuse doesnt fly.What you speak of is a effort by certain people to demonize unions while fucking over their own workers.

Read the link I provided...the STATE considers them to be union workers yet they are considered union workers who are paying NOTHING to get that union protection and benefits.

They don't get union protection or union benefits. They aren't state employees, they are paid by the state but don't work for the state. The state didn't hire them. They didn't fill out an application for employment. The union doesn't regulate their hours, or give them holidays off, or negotiate vacation time. The union doesn't make sure their break times are protected. They don't make sure the workplace is safe. The unions intended to make private homes union shops. Name a single union benefit. Name one union protection these workers will get. What are these caregivers paying for when they pay union dues?

Ok.....if this true they should have to pay union dues; no benefits, no payment(.)

I think this decision is going to have far-reaching implications at all levels.

It basically says - although directed at one specific case - is that individuals do not have to pay unions they do not belong to. In other words, according to the First Amendment of the US Constitution, WE ALL have the right to associate with - OR NOT ASSOCIATE WITH - whomever we wish - without coercion! :eusa_clap:

I worked in a Union Shop, but fortunately it was in a Right To Work state. I ran into a problem and sought help from the union - and no, I was not a member of the union. What I saw in my case and others was that the union reps and officials spent so much time kissing up to management that they had little time - or inclination - to serve their members - or anyone for that matter.:mad:

Nothing to do with "religious freedom". If it did, it would have included blood transfusions but its limited to contraception.

They said govt has to pay - iow - tax payers. Just another gift to big business.

Anyone surprised?

Again you show your extreme ignorance. The two beliefs are separate. One is the belief that no follower of Jehovah should take in blood from another, and the other is that contraception is murder. Those who believe the latter, believe that they cannot be abet that activity.

but that was their argument in front of scotus. That they got these workers better deals, and the workers even agreed that it happened. They just dont want to pay the dues.
so with that being said, Fuck the stay at home workers, they are part-time. They don't want to pay, then the unions dont have to fight for them.
It will be funny when they start getting fucked over and start whining about how the unions are not helping them now.

Hey genius...This is merely a continuation of the push back against public sector unions that have been ripping off taxpayers and lining the pockets of union friendly politicians for decades.
These rulings and new state laws such as the ones in Wisconsin and Indiana are a growing trend. Also, right to work is going to become law in more states as tapped out taxpayers pressure politicians to rid them of the burden of unionized( very expensive) labor.
the right to work is utter bullshit and shouldnt pass anywhere. Ive worked in a right to work state.

Unions are perfectly fine. They do good things. Corruption is not just in Unions. So that excuse doesnt fly.What you speak of is a effort by certain people to demonize unions while fucking over their own workers.

Why do you assume every business fucks over their workers? If you have to lie to me to convince me I need you to protect me from a strawman then I don't need you.

RIP middle class workers. Welcome to corporate America where you can be used like a whore and tossed aside when you try to ask for something better...wages,working conditions,hours. Its really starting to become where I am thinking of moving elsewhere...This country has become for the rich,paid for by the rich,backed up by tyrants in robes.

Tissue?

RIP middle class workers. Welcome to corporate America where you can be used like a whore and tossed aside when you try to ask for something better...wages,working conditions,hours. Its really starting to become where I am thinking of moving elsewhere...This country has become for the rich,paid for by the rich,backed up by tyrants in robes.

It's actually a win for middle class workers already suffering. Now they don't have to pay unions who were just picking their pockets anyway.

This ^^

It's actually a win for middle class workers already suffering. Now they don't have to pay unions who were just picking their pockets anyway.

BULLSHIT! Unions are needed because large companies USE people for profit then fire them when they try and get better wages,working hours,or working conditions. Like I said. This country has become a haven for 1% criminals who are now LEGALLY allowed to BUY any politician or judge they can and get things done their way. The people either stand up and put a stop to it or watch legalized slavery return. This time under the guise of "working" and they depend on suckers like you and the tea party and other morons to support them.

The butthurt is strong with this one.

BULLSHIT! Unions are needed because large companies USE people for profit then fire them when they try and get better wages,working hours,or working conditions. Like I said. This country has become a haven for 1% criminals who are now LEGALLY allowed to BUY any politician or judge they can and get things done their way. The people either stand up and put a stop to it or watch legalized slavery return. This time under the guise of "working" and they depend on suckers like you and the tea party and other morons to support them.

CLEARLY you don't understand the case or the ruling. This has nothing to do with large companies but home health care workers taking care of family members.

The case was brought by Pamela Harris who was caretaker for her adult disabled son in her own home. She got paid by the state for being a caretaker for in home care rather than institutionalizing the man. Home health care workers were unionized. The union started taking dues out of her check. She didn't want to belong to a union. The union didn't protect her. The union did nothing for her. The union could not change her working conditions. Her greatest fear was that the union might call a strike and she would be prevented from caring for her son and might even be prohibited from going into her own home.

This ruling says that home health care workers don't have to belong to a union which is a huge benefit to everyone taking care of a disabled family member. Now they don't have to pay dues for no benefit whatsoever.

He's an idiot, what do you expect. Just point at him and laugh.

The last paragraph is why republicans like this ruling

The bolded is what the republicans like about gutting this. Now people can be free riders on what the unions get done but don't have to pay for it. Much like allowing big corporations to ride the coat tails of the work their workers produce and profit off things they make and sell but not giving the workers their due. Makes perfect sense.

Actually no. The unions cannot help these home health care workers. They cannot give them better working conditions. They cannot limit their hours or even get them overtime pay. They cannot give them better or different workplace safety requirements. The unions get fees and dues for doing basically nothing. And so the workers, led by Pamela Harris sued and won. Why do you hate to see the littlest of the little guy win one?

Tissues all around!

Why should family who take care of disabled family have to pay union dues? Gangsters.

because they didnt cry when the union fought for them. Dont want to pay, then the union doesnt need to fit for them for far wages and such..

They never cried and begged for some union thugs to fight for them. Your con game is over. Get a job.

sigh i have a job...it pays very well.

anyways the unions fought for them, while they didnt want to pay their dues. This is a fact. So therefore if they dont want to pay their dues, then they dont get the benefits of being in a union.

Hey look you said thugs...You are one of those. Hopefully someday you run into some actually thugs and they stomp the shit out of you for being a moron.

Why should family who take care of disabled family have to pay union dues? Gangsters.

because they didnt cry when the union fought for them. Dont want to pay, then the union doesnt need to fit for them for far wages and such..

They never cried and begged for some union thugs to fight for them. Your con game is over. Get a job.

No union ever fought for these caregivers. They can't be fired. They can't even be reprimanded. They don't need a union rep for a discrimination claim, there can't be any. The union can't do anything except take their money.

Tissues all around!

tissues for not minding the ruling? Sure keep on with the stupid Pred...

Higher taxes, more gubermint social programs And mandatory union memberships...

For a better amerika comrades !!!

This sensible ruling really hits a nerve with you pro union extremists.

It's a good day today. Liberals are spinning out of control. I haven't seen liberals this upset, exposing this much of their stupidity since the George Zimmerman verdict. It's a good day!

Why do you assume every business fucks over their workers? If you have to lie to me to convince me I need you to protect me from a strawman then I don't need you.

Right to work is a crap law. Im sure some dont fuck over their workers, but to say none do would be absurd. There is no lie.

There is no such thing as a part time care worker taking care of a disabled family member. It is 24/7. There is no such thing as a caregiver who is taking care of a disabled family member saying "It's 5 pm, time to kick off the shoes. I'm off duty."

The Supreme Court handed down its decision in Harris v. Quinn on Monday, saying partial public employees can't be required to contribute to unions.

go blow it out your ass you ignorant fuck

Uh oh...And there ya have it. Another lib with a big problem when things do not go their way...
Nice. Your credibility just dropped to zero.

You gave Plasmaball credibility? You must be relatively new here.:lol:

sigh i have a job...it pays very well.

anyways the unions fought for them, while they didnt want to pay their dues. This is a fact. So therefore if they dont want to pay their dues, then they dont get the benefits of being in a union.

Hey look you said thugs...You are one of those. Hopefully someday you run into some actually thugs and they stomp the shit out of you for being a moron.

No, the union didn't fight for anyone. The union fights with strawmen and false premises to try to con me into thinking that I need them. Sell that to some of the naive that keeps you in business.

Forum List

Back