SEALs slam Obama for taking credit for bin Laden

I was there. I was in San Diego. I had friends ON the ship. While they felted honored, they also wanted home. I had friends waiting for the ship. While they felt honored, they also wanted their loved ones home. I was stationed at NORIS where the ship was to dock and families were waiting. I was there to watch the live film on the local nightly news of the ship off Pt. Loma. I also remember the local RNC crowing about the trip for a few months and then doing their best to pretend it never happened.

You?

You had friends, I was part of the operation of an aircraft carrier.

I told you point blank what it takes to get ready to return to port and you ignored it.

Not my problem.

You were on the USS Lincoln and knew they were already planning to stand off the coast of San Diego for another day? How odd...I've watched a few carriers coming in on my time at NORIS and once they pop up over the horizon, they steam right in. How odd.

^Spent many a day looking at the Ships and Daydreaming about Actually Serving...

It almost seems like you did, eh Bodey?... :thup:

:)

peace...

I was there. I was in San Diego. I had friends ON the ship. While they felted honored, they also wanted home. I had friends waiting for the ship. While they felt honored, they also wanted their loved ones home. I was stationed at NORIS where the ship was to dock and families were waiting. I was there to watch the live film on the local nightly news of the ship off Pt. Loma. I also remember the local RNC crowing about the trip for a few months and then doing their best to pretend it never happened.

You?

I told you point blank what it takes to get ready to return to port and you ignored it.

Not my problem.

You were on the USS Lincoln and knew they were already planning to stand off the coast of San Diego for another day? How odd...I've watched a few carriers coming in on my time at NORIS and once they pop up over the horizon, they steam right in. How odd.

I spent 3 years on a carrier. I've been in those situations. It happened several times to me.

We always had rumors of going in early or rumors of when we would be going in. Feelings got hurt all of the time. But the fact remains, the ship has to follow guidelines set out by their mission requirements and safety guidelines put in place to assure that we don't run aground. It's why you don't hear about US naval vessels hitting a sandbar and having to explain why.

The Secret Service is in charge of security of the president and they call the shots, not the president. His safety overrules the feelings of the crew.

Who knows what the situation was. The tide wasn't in, the harbor master hadn't cleared the ship for entry, the ship was brought within sight of Point Loma for safety reasons. Who really knows. The point is those who are looking from the outside don't know everything that is going on, and in effect are merely speculating what the causes are. Often times our ship would steam back and forth up and down the coast before being granted permission to enter port. You also have to take into consideration the fact that a carrier isn't the only ship out there. There is an entire battle group that accompanies a carrier during deployment.

Sorry, but you should know as well as anyone that the last consideration of the mission is what will the families of the crew think. I found that out way to often.

Last edited:
It is not despicable if it does not apply to you. Just sayin'
Is there a poster here who mourns OBL's death, and who is that poster?

If you are talking about a public figure mourning OBL's death, who is that?

I can't think of anyone who is mourning OBL's death.

So, who are you talking about?

Ok, Si....look at my post. Show me where I said any poster here at all. I look forward to your evidence. (Note: I know what I said....and I know what I did not say)
Yeah, I looked at your post. You allege that someone is mourning OBL's death.

I asked who is doing that. Whether a poster or not, who do you think is doing that?
One year later and some still mourn OBL. Amazing, that.

Who are the "some" you refer to?

Last edited:

Not my problem.

I spent 3 years on a carrier. I've been in those situations. It happened several times to me.

We always had rumors of going in early or rumors of when we would be going in. Feelings got hurt all of the time. But the fact remains, the ship has to follow guidelines set out by their mission requirements and safety guidelines put in place to assure that we don't run aground. It's why you don't hear about US naval vessels hitting a sandbar and having to explain why.

The Secret Service is in charge of security of the president and they call the shots, not the president. His safety overrules the feelings of the crew.

Who knows what the situation was. The tide wasn't in, the harbor master hadn't cleared the ship for entry, the ship was brought within sight of Point Loma for safety reasons. Who really knows. The point is those who are looking from the outside don't know everything that is going on, and in effect are merely speculating what the causes are. Often times our ship would steam back and forth up and down the coast before being granted permission to enter port. You also have to take into consideration the fact that a carrier isn't the only ship out there. There is an entire battle group that accompanies a carrier during deployment.

Sorry, but you should know as well as anyone that the last consideration of the mission is what will the families of the crew think. I found that out way to often.

I hadn't thought about that in years, but now that you bring it up, I recall my uncles who spent a lot of times on the big boats talking about the frustration of seeing the port and having to sit outside it, sometimes for days, before they finally docked. And they usually didn't know why.

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign

Serving and former US Navy SEALs have slammed President Barack Obama for taking the credit for killing Osama bin Laden and accused him of using Special Forces operators as ‘ammunition’ for his re-election campaign.

The SEALs spoke out to MailOnline after the Obama campaign released an ad entitled ‘One Chance’.

In it President Bill Clinton is featured saying that Mr Obama took ‘the harder and the more honourable path’ in ordering that bin Laden be killed. The words ‘Which path would Mitt Romney have taken?’ are then displayed.

Besides the ad, the White House is marking the first anniversary of the SEAL Team Six raid that killed bin Laden inside his compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan with a series of briefings and an NBC interview in the Situation Room designed to highlight the ‘gutsy call’ made by the President.

Video at same link.

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign | Mail Online

All I can say is BRAVO! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:Bravo!

Jesus Christ. Bush took credit for ousting Saddam and that was a crime and the used 911 and the wars in his campaign and the grand standing on the ship for "Mission accomplished."
Obama had a big part in the capure of OBL and he had every right to use it in campaigning.
It was not an easy decision to answer the red phone and make the call, if they had failed you bet your fucking little brains Obama would have been given all the fucking credit. Blow that out ass holes. IF Obama had not made the call the navy seals would not have any credit and OBL would be alive and planning another attack.:cuckoo::eusa_liar::eusa_boohoo:
Ungrateful little punk ass bitches. Cannot land a fucking helicopter safely.

Last edited:
Bush uses 9/11 commemoration to campaign for Iraq war

By Patrick Martin
13 September 2006

The speech given by President Bush Monday night, marking five years since the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, was a combination of cynicism and desperation. Cynical, because after suggesting in advance that he would not give a political speech, Bush crudely sought to win support for the war in Iraq by citing the memory of those who died on September 11, 2001. Desperate, because a substantial majority of the American people rejects the “big lie” that 9/11 justified the Iraq war and is increasingly repelled by it.
Bush uses 9/11 commemoration to campaign for Iraq war

Obama has never used campaigned on the death of OBL. The media has keep this going and he gave teh Seals full credit. and he never said "I" when talking about it he used "we" and the navy seals were no tthe only ones involved adn Obama did not make the decision alone.

In it President Bill Clinton is featured saying that Mr Obama took ‘the harder and the more honourable path’ in ordering that bin Laden be killed. The words ‘Which path would Mitt Romney have taken?’ are then displayed.

Read more: Osama bin Laden death: SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit | Mail Online

All is fair game when it comes to the election. IF Rev. Wright and BIll Ayers can be dug up again, Obama has the right to say a Romeny himself had said that he never would have give the orders adn Bush after saying Deat or Alive said he did not even think abou any more and these are great talking points and has nothing to do with the Seals gettin OBL but what each of the candidates would do. All about the election and not about the Seals. every thing is not about them adn they will be forgotten in another week. who really gives fuck who they are. bringing them forward and parading them would have made them target, This way Obama is the target. FAHs

Not about the Seal but about who would be better to do the job as commander and they would be Obama running on his accomplishments. This happen to be one of them. Do you fucking victory dance obama. He can also run on ending the war and bring your babies safely home, Palin. And passing healthcare that is saving more lives. Obama has performed miracles adn he has every right to take credit for it.

Last edited:
One year later and some still mourn OBL. Amazing, that.

Yeah I was pretty suprised at all those middle east protestors too. Some of them were saying "this is for osama" so they obviously are still upset about it and I'm sure every time Obama flaunts that we killed Osama they get more mad (but I'm glad we got osama)

Forum List

Back