Sebelius in talks with NFL on promoting ObamaCare insurance plans

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Is this even legal? time to boycott the NFL people they want to get in bed with Government..

SNIP:
Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said Monday she is in talks with the NFL to help promote new insurance options under ObamaCare.

Sebelius said the football league has been "very actively and enthusiastically engaged" in discussions about a partnership to encourage people to enroll in newly available insurance plans.
"We're having active discussions right now with a variety of sports affiliates" about both paid advertising and partnerships to encourage enrollment, Sebelius told reporters.

HHS is reportedly also in talks with the NBA to promote the law.

Partnerships with sports organizations are especially promising to HHS because the department hopes large numbers of young, healthy men will enroll in the law's new coverage options.

Attracting young, healthy people will help keep premiums from rising dramatically once the law begins offering new protections for more expensive patients — namely, banning insurance companies from discriminating against people with preexisting conditions.

The Boston Red Sox filmed a commercial promoting Massachusetts's healthcare law when it took effect in 2006.

"We know the Red Sox were incredibly effective in Massachusetts … so it's a logical place to go," Sebelius said.

all of it here with comments
Read more: Sebelius in talks with NFL on promoting ObamaCare insurance plans - The Hill's Healthwatch
Follow us: [MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]hill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

You're welcome to try to convince American male Conservatives to "boycott" the NFL. I wouldn't expect much success though.

can't enjoy a sports game without them pushing politics on people..
it's up to the people if they want it or not I guess

What the Hell? the military can not sponsor a Nascar team anymore but it is ok for Obozo care to sponsor The NFL?

they are forcing themselves into everything, your lives are next..

enjoy

What the Hell? the military can not sponsor a Nascar team anymore but it is ok for Obozo care to sponsor The NFL?

my bad I thought since Ryan Newmans car was not sponsored by the Army I thought congress passed that Democrat bill this year.. I forgot the National gaurd still cosponsors Jr's car.

You're welcome to try to convince American male Conservatives to "boycott" the NFL. I wouldn't expect much success though.

can't enjoy a sports game without them pushing politics on people..
it's up to the people if they want it or not I guess
The entire month of October is about pushing politics and political correctness on you...This comes as no surprise.

Seriously. Is anyone going to take healthcare advice from a football player? May as well get dating advice from OJ? Isn't some football player on the run from another murder?

I can see it now, in interviews being asked in they have Obamacare and their answer...

Forum List

Back