Second wave of health plan cancellations Coming

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
Second wave of health plan cancellations looms | Fox News

A new and independent analysis of ObamaCare warns of a ticking time bomb, predicting a second wave of 50 million to 100 million insurance policy cancellations next fall -- right before the mid-term elections.

The next round of cancellations and premium hikes is expected to hit employees, particularly of small businesses. While the administration has tried to downplay the cancellation notices hitting policyholders on the individual market by noting they represent a relatively small fraction of the population, the swath of people who will be affected by the shakeup in employer-sponsored coverage will be much broader.

An analysis by the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank, shows the administration anticipates half to two-thirds of small businesses would have policies canceled or be compelled to send workers onto the ObamaCare exchanges. They predict up to 100 million small and large business policies could be canceled next year.

Your getting shafted ,wake-up .................:eusa_boohoo:

All while the democrats were shoving this heap of haggis trough the legislative processes, I looked at the dates and wondered whether they were delusional in believing it would actually work, thus sweep them to the greatest victory in the world, or on a suicide mission.

Or maybe one begets the other.

Last edited:
Everything is going according to the leftist douche plan.

The plan was to destroy the best healthcare system in the world, and to catapult the US into third world status.

Mission accomplished!

Next phase...massive die-off of the population, by diseases and disorders that heretofore were easily and effectively treated...

Phas 3....starve the remaining population.

Last edited:
Yes it's the employer mandate. This is really fascinating day by day--we're actually finding out what's in the Obamacare mandates. The problem for Democrats--is they have known about this incoming missile for several months and have DONE nothing to change the law. They're still sitting on their ass's on capital hill waiting for the web-site to work.

Do they really believe that Americans are going to pay more--more than double what they are paying-now-to accommodate Obamacare. Did they really believe that Obama is that popular where Americans will be willing open up their wallets to sustain Obamacare, especially after being promised again and again that their premiums would be lower? I think Democrats believe that and still do.

November 2014 is going to look worse than Custer's last stand for Democrats.

140352_600.jpg

Last edited:

A new and independent analysis of ObamaCare warns of a ticking time bomb, predicting a second wave of 50 million to 100 million insurance policy cancellations next fall -- right before the mid-term elections.

The next round of cancellations and premium hikes is expected to hit employees, particularly of small businesses. While the administration has tried to downplay the cancellation notices hitting policyholders on the individual market by noting they represent a relatively small fraction of the population, the swath of people who will be affected by the shakeup in employer-sponsored coverage will be much broader.

An analysis by the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank, shows the administration anticipates half to two-thirds of small businesses would have policies canceled or be compelled to send workers onto the ObamaCare exchanges. They predict up to 100 million small and large business policies could be canceled next year.

move on. Since 2011 dependent young adults have been covered on parents' plans under Obamacare

focusing on a web site rollout will not change reality

I agree with John Cassidy: A Victory for Obama and for Obama’s America

Cassidy as well as Nate were right on. What I especially like about Cassidy is he lays out what he thinks and the why. He laid out how to got to where he was. It was great watching progressives and conservatives get many of it all wrong and for the wrong reasons.

here's the man on the election and what it means...

November 7, 2012
A Victory for Obama and for Obama’s America

Posted by John Cassidy

Even Karl Rove could only delay the inevitable for so long. At about 11:30 P.M., shortly after all the networks had called Ohio and, with it, the entire election for President Obama, the man George W. Bush used to call Turd Blossom objected, live on the air, to the Fox News decision to go along with the crowd. It was a rare public spat in the Fox/G.O.P. alliance, and, evidently, somebody in Boston was listening. Citing the possibility of a last-minute turnaround in Ohio, the Romney campaign refused for another hour or so to concede it was all over.

With Obama on his way to the McCormick Place convention center in downtown Chicago to greet his supporters, the talking heads were already vying to predict what would happen next: two more years of Washington deadlock; a civil war inside the Republican Party as the long-muzzled moderates finally take on the likes of Sarah Palin and Grover Norquist; a reinvigorated President ready to reach across the party divide; a boom in the Colorado tourism industry as potheads the world over flock to the Rockies to get high. (A ballot initiative there to legalize marijuana passed by fifty-three per cent to forty-seven per cent.)

Hang on a minute, y’all. Who knows what the future holds? For now, let’s take the measure of what has happened, which is historic enough. For the fifth time in the past six Presidential elections, the Democrats have won the popular vote. For the second time in succession, Americans have elected a black man as President. Throughout the country, Republican extremists like Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock have been repudiated. Residents of Maryland and Maine (and probably Washington state, too) have voted in favor of legalizing same-sex marriage. The United States of 2012 hasn’t turned into Scandinavia, but it isn’t the United States of 2010 and the Tea Party either. To the extent that the election was about anything more than negative advertising and relentless micro-targeting, it was a triumph of moderation over extremism, tolerance over intolerance, and the polyglot future over the monochrome past.

The exit polls largely told the story. In the nineteen-to-twenty-nine age group...

Read more A Victory for Obama and Obama's America : The New Yorker

move on

Obamacare is the law of the land

If the President were to lose Minnesota and gain Virginia...lose Colorado and keep Ohio while gaining NH... I need to go back to Cassidy's map

October 28, 2012
Cassidy’s Count: Can Romney Win Without Ohio?
Posted by John Cassidy

Read more Cassidy's Count: Can Romney Win Without Ohio? : The New Yorker
At the local level, some of the battlegrounds have now broken firmly in one direction or another, effectively narrowing the race to eight states: Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, Virginia, and Wisconsin. On The New Yorker’s electoral map, I am making three changes to reflect this. I am changing Michigan and Pennsylvania from leaning Obama to firm Obama, and I am changing North Carolina from leaning Romney to firm Romney. In all three of these states, the polls indicate that one of the candidates is now ahead by four points or more.

Of the remaining eight battlegrounds, I have one state leaning to Romney (Florida); four leaning to Obama (Iowa, Nevada, Ohio, and Wisconsin); and three as toss-ups (Colorado, New Hampshire, and Virginia). I considered moving Virginia to Romney’s column, but decided against it. In the past few days, two polls have shown the race tied. And both of them have come from polling organizations that tend to lean a bit to the Republicans: Gravis Marketing and Purple Strategies. For Romney to reach two hundred and seventy electoral-college votes, he simply has to carry Virginia, as well as Florida and North Carolina. The fact that the race is still so tight there will be a big concern to Boston.

In the electoral college, I still have Obama with 277 votes and Romney with 235. Assuming the G.O.P. man does win Virginia, that takes him to 248, leaving him needing another 22 votes. Thats’s where the fun starts.

cassidycount.png

Last edited:

move on. Since 2011 dependent young adults have been covered on parents' plans under Obamacare

focusing on a web site rollout will not change reality

I agree with John Cassidy: A Victory for Obama and for Obama’s America

Cassidy as well as Nate were right on. What I especially like about Cassidy is he lays out what he thinks and the why. He laid out how to got to where he was. It was great watching progressives and conservatives get many of it all wrong and for the wrong reasons.

here's the man on the election and what it means...

November 7, 2012
A Victory for Obama and for Obama’s America

Posted by John Cassidy

move on

Obamacare is the law of the land

If the President were to lose Minnesota and gain Virginia...lose Colorado and keep Ohio while gaining NH... I need to go back to Cassidy's map

October 28, 2012
Cassidy’s Count: Can Romney Win Without Ohio?
Posted by John Cassidy

At the local level, some of the battlegrounds have now broken firmly in one direction or another, effectively narrowing the race to eight states: Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, Virginia, and Wisconsin. On The New Yorker’s electoral map, I am making three changes to reflect this. I am changing Michigan and Pennsylvania from leaning Obama to firm Obama, and I am changing North Carolina from leaning Romney to firm Romney. In all three of these states, the polls indicate that one of the candidates is now ahead by four points or more.

Of the remaining eight battlegrounds, I have one state leaning to Romney (Florida); four leaning to Obama (Iowa, Nevada, Ohio, and Wisconsin); and three as toss-ups (Colorado, New Hampshire, and Virginia). I considered moving Virginia to Romney’s column, but decided against it. In the past few days, two polls have shown the race tied. And both of them have come from polling organizations that tend to lean a bit to the Republicans: Gravis Marketing and Purple Strategies. For Romney to reach two hundred and seventy electoral-college votes, he simply has to carry Virginia, as well as Florida and North Carolina. The fact that the race is still so tight there will be a big concern to Boston.

In the electoral college, I still have Obama with 277 votes and Romney with 235. Assuming the G.O.P. man does win Virginia, that takes him to 248, leaving him needing another 22 votes. Thats’s where the fun starts.

cassidycount.png

There is such a thing as a THREAD title--why don't you try using it for a change. If you want to make your own thread about the 2012 election cycle then do it on the proper thread.

The plan was to destroy the best healthcare system in the world, and to catapult the US into third world status.

Mission accomplished!

Next phase...massive die-off of the population, by diseases and disorders that heretofore were easily and effectively treated...

He certainly killed off the world's best healthcare system.

Mission accomplished!

They're talking about affecting another 80 to 150 Million--losing the insurance they like--for more expensive plans coming out of the Obamacare mandates--when the employer mandate hits.

This will take Liberalism down into the gutter for the next 50 years.

Purpose of Obamacare: To insure the unisured Effect of Obamacare: Uninsuring the insured.

139969_600.jpg

Last edited:
NYS now has over 50 Health Insurers in it's exchange.
New York has it's own site that works.
If you're a Red State and you can't build your own site, give NYS a call and we'll sell you ours.
Doomsayers lose.

NYS now has over 50 Health Insurers in it's exchange.
New York has it's own site that works.
If you're a Red State and you can't build your own site, give NYS a call and we'll sell you ours.
Doomsayers lose.

I hope you actually pushed the buy button to support Obamacare? You sound like you're young and you probably voted for Obama TWICE. It's critical that the 18 to 34 age group jump in their and BUY your policies right now--otherwise Obamacare collapses under it's own weight. Hurry--Obama and democrats are depending on you--get your friends to sign up too.

Aside from raw enrollment numbers, the data are being scrutinized for any hints about the makeup of the newly insured.

In its projections, the Congressional Budget Office estimated that 7 million people would enroll in private insurance plans through the marketplaces in 2014, and that 2.7 million -- about 38% of the total -- would be between the ages of 18 and 34.

"There's general agreement that we need younger and healthier people to offset the costs of sicker people coming into the system," says Robert Zirkelbach, a spokesman for America's Health Insurance Plans, an industry group. "That's what will add more stability."

If the concentration of older and sicker enrollees in the new plans is too high, insurers could be forced to raise their rates, which would further discourage young and healthy people from signing up. Taken to an extreme, this vicious cycle could -- in theory -- lead to what Obamacare critics call a "death spiral" and the collapse of the law.

Obamacare enrollments pick up steam - CNN.com

BTW--Colorado has a very functioning Obamacare website also--but I can't afford it. The Obamacare premiums are more than double than what I am paying now, and my current policy is soon to be cancelled.

140125_600.jpg

Last edited:

Yea, listen to Fox, they called the last election and they were right on the money about Iraq.

one of my son's in his mid 20's with a family got his notice yesterday that his premium that is now $240 a month, will, upon renewal next fall be $413 a month. He is not too happy. He is self employed.

People have no idea how catastrophic this is.

I attended a meeting today where we learned that people who receive TANF (welfare $$ for families with children..the poorest of the poor, this side of homeless people without children) will no longer be automatically eligible for medical.

This is huge. They are being very close-lipped about the new eligibility requirements for medicaid. Eligibility determination has been removed from caseworkers, and will be determined at *centers* by new employees who have never worked in the system before. They have issued the new eligibility/standard requirements, and have removed all reference to medical from those standards, which means that case workers who have heretofore ALWAYS determined eligibility, have NO IDEA what the new eligibility requirements are. They can't tell their clients when they call up to ask, all they can do is give them a phone number, and when they call that number, they do not get any answers.

Meanwhile, they're falling off of medical, along with their children.

It's a nightmare, and you will see the subsequent dying off of this population beginning very, very soon.

I'm listening to people right now who are asking about their coverage..who expected fast track forms in the mail, didn't get them, and they have surgeries and medications that they now have no coverage for.

Good going, progressives and dems. You screwed over the poor, the elderly, the disabled and the children of this country. Now you can watch them die.

Mission accomplished!

They're talking about affecting another 80 to 150 Million--losing the insurance they like--for more expensive plans coming out of the Obamacare mandates--when the employer mandate hits.

This will take Liberalism down into the gutter for the next 50 years.

Purpose of Obamacare: To insure the unisured Effect of Obamacare: Uninsuring the insured.

139969_600.jpg
Yeppers. That's sure what is being said and last time it was true, too, in spite of 1001 denials from the bully pulpit fiction.

Yea, listen to Fox, they called the last election and they were right on the money about Iraq.

derp derp derp derp Fox derp derp derp Fox.

Millions more cancellations are coming and you own it kid.

Forum List

Back