Seems awful cold for the "hottest" year on record

Rather misleading.
Snow pack often melts significantly in heat of Summer, but depends upon how much has fallen previous Winter.
The Paradise area at Mount Rainier (elevation of 5,400 feet) is known for its snowfall. Paradise once held the world record for measured snowfall in single year in 1971-1972: 1,122 inches (93.5 feet/28.5 meters). A new low snowfall record for Paradise was set in 2014-2015 with 266 inches (22.2 feet/6.7 meters), previously set in 1939-1940. Snowfall is measured at the official Paradise weather station and is recorded in inches. To include the full winter season, snowfall is recorded from July 1st to June 30th.
1920-1921 thru 2022-2023
On record:
Low - 2014-15: 266
High - 1971-72: 1,122
in inches

BTW, this is my backyard so to speak. Grew up in a town on the foothills of Rainier.

But far from the record for the past 175 MILLION years. :rolleyes:
It is likely one of the hottest in 2.5 million years and modern humans have only existed for 200,000 years. And, being the known hottest in 175 years hardly suggests that global warming has ended or never started, as the OP tries to suggest.

You are a hack, I linked and quoted from wiki you gave
Here is what you just said.
Just to make this clear: crick is dumb.
This is the 3rd time I am pointing out that cricks source says less than a 153 scientists agree that man is causing climate change.

crick rants, posts, tells us what wikipedia and the IPCC does while ignoring what we all see.

crick proves less than 1% of scientists agree
Out of a group of 153 independently confirmed climate experts, 98.7% of those scientists indicated that the Earth is getting warmer mostly because of human activity such as burning fossil fuels
You are attempting to claim that the 153 climate experts surveyed were all the climate experts on the planet. Are you actually that stupid?

Here is what you just said.

You are attempting to claim that the 153 climate experts surveyed were all the climate experts on the planet. Are you actually that stupid?
I quoted your link, less than153 climate scientists agree there in man made climate change.

Here it is again, it is not my claim it is what crick provided. That is a tiny consensus

Out of a group of 153 independently confirmed climate experts, 98.7% of those scientists indicated that the Earth is getting warmer mostly because of human activity such as burning fossil fuels.

It's about the gases, if they don't stabilize, warming is inevitable. All the weather reports in the world won't change the fact that GHGs absorb energy and that it has to go somwhere, according to the LAW of Conservation of Energy. That's no "theory", folks!!!

If your theory isn't confirmed by reproducible results, experimental or actual, then there is something wrong with your results.

I quoted your link, less than153 climate scientists agree there in man made climate change.

Here it is again, it is not my claim it is what crick provided. That is a tiny consensus

Out of a group of 153 independently confirmed climate experts, 98.7% of those scientists indicated that the Earth is getting warmer mostly because of human activity such as burning fossil fuels.
You either are incredibly stupid or are willing to blatantly lie to avoid admitting you erred. All these prior posts about 77 scientists - did you actually think that, at the time, there were only 77 climate scientists on the planet? There are thousands. The 153 scientists were a representative sample. That survey indicates that approximately 98.7% of ALL climate experts believe the Earth is getting warmer mostly from human activity such as burning fossil fuels.

It seems as if you have never even seen the door to a statistics and probability class. Yet you claim you're a scientist. There isn't a science program on god's green earth that doesn't require statistics.

Rather misleading.
Snow pack often melts significantly in heat of Summer, but depends upon how much has fallen previous Winter.
The Paradise area at Mount Rainier (elevation of 5,400 feet) is known for its snowfall. Paradise once held the world record for measured snowfall in single year in 1971-1972: 1,122 inches (93.5 feet/28.5 meters). A new low snowfall record for Paradise was set in 2014-2015 with 266 inches (22.2 feet/6.7 meters), previously set in 1939-1940. Snowfall is measured at the official Paradise weather station and is recorded in inches. To include the full winter season, snowfall is recorded from July 1st to June 30th.
1920-1921 thru 2022-2023
On record:
Low - 2014-15: 266
High - 1971-72: 1,122
in inches

BTW, this is my backyard so to speak. Grew up in a town on the foothills of Rainier.
1719528989907.png

Proving, yet again what a ridiculous, science denying clid you are. Polar bears are classified as MARINE MAMMALS. The same as whales, seals, walrus etc.

They earned that designation by dint of their long distance swimming prowess. The average distance for their swims is over 75 miles.

One was measured at 97 miles. But you religious fruit cakes don't care about science.

You only care about your faith.

It's so hot where I live that we've had frost for the last 10 mornings.
Global warming is measured by averaging the daily temperatures of thousands of weather stations around the world. For 2023, the average temperature of planet was 2.7 over previous year. Since it's an average, in some places the temperature was up and others it was down.
  • 2023: The warmest year on record, 2.12°F (1.18°C) above the 20th century average and 2.43°F (1.35°C) above the pre-industrial average
  • 2020: The second warmest year on record, with the Northern Hemisphere's land and ocean surface temperature being the highest in 141 years
  • 2016: The warmest year on record before 2023
State of the Climate: 2023 smashes records for surface ...

The rate of warming has increased over time, with an average of 0.11°F (0.06°C) per decade since 1850, but more than three times that rate since 1982. The past decade (2014–2023) has seen the 10 warmest years in the record.

The Earth's temperature record is based on direct measurements from thousands of meteorological stations, ships, and buoys around the world. This instrumental temperature record differs from indirect reconstructions that use climate proxy data like tree rings and marine sediments.

1719536492571.jpeg

Attachments

• 1719536361505.png
    1719536361505.png
    358 bytes · Views: 1
  • 1719536361519.png
    1719536361519.png
    237 bytes · Views: 1
  • 1719536361532.png
    1719536361532.png
    442 bytes · Views: 1
  • 1719536361559.jpeg
    1719536361559.jpeg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 1719536361545.png
    1719536361545.png
    358 bytes · Views: 1
Proving, yet again what a ridiculous, science denying clid you are. Polar bears are classified as MARINE MAMMALS. The same as whales, seals, walrus etc.

They earned that designation by dint of their long distance swimming prowess. The average distance for their swims is over 75 miles.

One was measured at 97 miles. But you religious fruit cakes don't care about science.

You only care about your faith.
1719542189038.png

the crick is a troll.

I placed it on ignore long ago.

Don't feed the trolls and they will die.
For having me on ignore, you seem to follow what I post pretty closely. Did you want to agree with elektra about those surveys? Do you think the survey he mentioned shows that only 1% of climate scientists accept AGW? These are yes or no questions.

This post of yours is classic of the mental deficiencies common to Marxist~Leftist~pseudo-liberals, like yourself, in a couple of key ways.

1) My post you quote didn't claim there is no "climate change", it merely pointed out the wide range of snowfall on Mt. Rainier in past century to offset the misleading carton post I quoted/linked to. Your reply is not related to what I posted either pro or con.

2) You religious believers in "climate change" can only make your point(s) via distortions, misinformation, lies and misquoting your opponents.

3) Like many of the religious believers in "climate change" you fail to specify or grasp the distinction of/between natural or human caused (anthropogenic). You religious believers in anthropogenic climate change (ACC) imply that climate is supposed to be a stable phenomena with only mild fluxulations as if it's like the thermostat in your home that runs cooling and heating systems in a very narrow range.

Yet science data regarding past climate, pre-human and pre-modern instruments shows that Natural Climate Change goes through great fluxulations. This chart is typical of many other similar charts and is easier for lay persons to read and understand.
iu

Where the sine curve line goes down towards the bottom and is marked 'Glaciation' is what could also be called an ice age = classic case like the one that ended about 15,000 years ago where ice layers as much as a mile thick existed over the higher latitudes of both hemispheres/continents and ocean levels were a few hundred feet lower than at present.

Where there are peaks near the top of the graph are the warming high points (like present) that occur after the continent covering ice caps/glaciers began to rapidly melt, causing ocean levels to rise hundreds of feet - to current levels.

These extremes show average global temperatures either dropping/lowering significantly (Colder) to create the larger ice sheets covering much of the continents or rising (Warmer) = Inter-glacial that melts the ice, raises ocean levels and produces warmer milder conditions for life.

Notice how the last couple of inter-glacials reached higher warmer temperatures than we are currently experiencing. Notice also that these warmer temperature 'peaks'/inter-glacials are in shorter duration than the bottom troughs of the (longer lasting) glacial/ice ages.

4) What you true-believer religious fanatics of the church of climate change fail to grasp (or outright lie about) when calling some of us skeptics or deniers is that we aren't denying NATURAL climate change, but we are skeptical and denying the (false) claims of human caused climate change which lacks proof, or even a hint of convincing evidence for the human causation.

Global warming is measured by averaging the daily temperatures of thousands of weather stations around the world. For 2023, the average temperature of planet was 2.7 over previous year. Since it's an average, in some places the temperature was up and others it was down.
  • 2023: The warmest year on record, 2.12°F (1.18°C) above the 20th century average and 2.43°F (1.35°C) above the pre-industrial average
  • 2020: The second warmest year on record, with the Northern Hemisphere's land and ocean surface temperature being the highest in 141 years
  • 2016: The warmest year on record before 2023
View attachment 968426
The rate of warming has increased over time, with an average of 0.11°F (0.06°C) per decade since 1850, but more than three times that rate since 1982. The past decade (2014–2023) has seen the 10 warmest years in the record.

The Earth's temperature record is based on direct measurements from thousands of meteorological stations, ships, and buoys around the world. This instrumental temperature record differs from indirect reconstructions that use climate proxy data like tree rings and marine sediments.

View attachment 968426
All of no significance when compared to the temperature ranges and climate variations of the past few hundreds of thousands of years.
Has yet to peak out as high as a few periods within the last 450 thousand years.
The 'sky is not falling'.

You either are incredibly stupid or are willing to blatantly lie to avoid admitting you erred. All these prior posts about 77 scientists - did you actually think that, at the time, there were only 77 climate scientists on the planet? There are thousands. The 153 scientists were a representative sample. That survey indicates that approximately 98.7% of ALL climate experts believe the Earth is getting warmer mostly from human activity such as burning fossil fuels
Thousands of scientists! Thousands of climate scientists and they ask 153? And out of that we are too believe? Believe all the scientists formed a consensus?

Thousands of scientists! Thousands of climate scientists and they ask 153? And out of that we are too believe? Believe all the scientists formed a consensus?

You're unclear here. Are you actually sticking with the idea that there were a TOTAL of 153 climate scientists on the planet at the time of this survey and the surveyors contacted them all? Do you believe that to be true of EVERY survey? Do you believe that YOU have been contacted for every survey of the US population ever taken?

I'm sorry you walked yourself into an embarrassing dead end, but that doesn't mean I'm going to accept your Trumpian doubling down. The only way out I see is for you to simply stop posting on this topic. Here is some reading material on population sampling for the purposes of surveys and polls.

Forum List

Back