🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Seems awful cold for the "hottest" year on record

You're unclear here. Are you actually sticking with the idea that there were a TOTAL of 153 climate scientists on the planet at the time of this survey and the surveyors contacted them all? Do you believe that to be true of EVERY survey? Do you believe that YOU have been contacted for every survey of the US population ever taken?
This is from your link/source
Out of a group of 153 independently confirmed climate experts, 98.7% of those scientists indicated that the Earth is getting warmer mostly because of human activity such as burning fossil fuels.

Global warming is measured by averaging the daily temperatures of thousands of weather stations around the world. For 2023, the average temperature of planet was 2.7 over previous year. Since it's an average, in some places the temperature was up and others it was down.
  • 2023: The warmest year on record, 2.12°F (1.18°C) above the 20th century average and 2.43°F (1.35°C) above the pre-industrial average
  • 2020: The second warmest year on record, with the Northern Hemisphere's land and ocean surface temperature being the highest in 141 years
  • 2016: The warmest year on record before 2023
A bit of warmer periods like those is not climate. Climate does not last 7 years. It is a descriptive term lasting around 30 and more years. It encompasses around 6 elements. Temperature is not one of them.

And the Earth will be consumed by the sun eventually.

Ffs
The point of my post was that using a very short term timeline for data on temperatures and other climate conditions can be misleading and distort the larger perspective gained from the longer view. The graphs using less than two centuries of timeline and temp rises on a scale of tenths of a degree can look very radical, but reduce to a barely noticeable blip if charted on longer timeline and on temp scales showing full degree increments.

It's possible the 8th grade science of it was beyond your grasp.

Nominally projected to be another 4-5 BILLION years in the future.
Baring it might go super-nova. Though to date it hasn't shown much precursor for that.

The point of my post was that using a very short term timeline for data on temperatures and other climate conditions can be misleading and distort the larger perspective gained from the longer view. The graphs using less than two centuries of timeline and temp rises on a scale of tenths of a degree can look very radical, but reduce to a barely noticeable blip if charted on longer timeline and on temp scales showing full degree increments.

It's possible the 8th grade science of it was beyond your grasp.

Nominally projected to be another 4-5 BILLION years in the future.
Baring it might go super-nova. Though to date it hasn't shown much precursor for that.
The warming taking place for the last 150 years looks significant compared to temperatures for the last million years.

The warming taking place for the last 150 years looks significant compared to temperatures for the last million years.
But not when we go back further, like a few million PLUS.

Show what data you are using.

According to this, three of the last four Inter-glacials were warmer than present, and that is within the past half million years!
iu

According to this, the intervals between the last MAJOR ice ages were significantly warmer, yet Earth and it's flora and fauna survived. In fact some would claim we are still within an ice age, so more warming wouldn't hurt.
iu

But not when we go back further, like a few million PLUS.

Show what data you are using.

According to this, three of the last four Inter-glacials were warmer than present, and that is within the past half million years!
iu
I did not say we were warmer than any point in the last million - though we may be and at our present rate, we certainly will be in the future. I said the current rise "looks significant" over that time span and it does.
According to this, the intervals between the last MAJOR ice ages were significantly warmer, yet Earth and it's flora and fauna survived. In fact some would claim we are still within an ice age, so more warming wouldn't hurt.
iu
I've never claimed that humans will be made extinct by this. And you need to understand the difference between an ice age and our current glacial/interglacial cycle. Any point at which there is ice on the planet - even just at the poles - we are in an ice age. When we are not in an ice age, there is no ice at the poles and no glaciers on the planet. We ARE currently still within the Quaternary Ice Age but we are just past the peak of an interglacial period.

This post of yours is classic of the mental deficiencies common to Marxist~Leftist~pseudo-liberals, like yourself, in a couple of key ways.

1) My post you quote didn't claim there is no "climate change", it merely pointed out the wide range of snowfall on Mt. Rainier in past century to offset the misleading carton post I quoted/linked to. Your reply is not related to what I posted either pro or con.

2) You religious believers in "climate change" can only make your point(s) via distortions, misinformation, lies and misquoting your opponents.

3) Like many of the religious believers in "climate change" you fail to specify or grasp the distinction of/between natural or human caused (anthropogenic). You religious believers in anthropogenic climate change (ACC) imply that climate is supposed to be a stable phenomena with only mild fluxulations as if it's like the thermostat in your home that runs cooling and heating systems in a very narrow range.

Yet science data regarding past climate, pre-human and pre-modern instruments shows that Natural Climate Change goes through great fluxulations. This chart is typical of many other similar charts and is easier for lay persons to read and understand.
iu

4) What you true-believer religious fanatics of the church of climate change fail to grasp (or outright lie about) when calling some of us skeptics or deniers is that we aren't denying NATURAL climate change, but we are skeptical and denying the (false) claims of human caused climate change which lacks proof, or even a hint of convincing evidence for the human causation.
1719616550418.png

You are still clueless I see.

Natural or Anthropogenic ?

Using your metaphor here, you DumbocRATs think there is a way to stop the sinking and refloat back to "normal"; i.e. turn back time.
(BTW - In your illustration, they are at best almost one hundred feet up in the air (not hundreds). As usual, precision and accuracy are not your strong suit.)

You are still clueless I see.

Natural or Anthropogenic ?

Using your metaphor here, you DumbocRATs think there is a way to stop the sinking and refloat back to "normal"; i.e. turn back time.
(BTW - In your illustration, they are at best almost one hundred feet up in the air (not hundreds). As usual, precision and accuracy are not your strong suit.)
1719618331217.png

But it will be for us humans
You sure about that?

"...Ten-million-year record of oxygen stable isotopes, measured in foraminifera recovered from deep-sea sediment cores, illustrates that global ocean temperature and glacial ice varied widely over the past 6 million years, the period of human evolution..."

Oxygen isotope curve (δ18O) for the past 10 million years  with major adaptions to H. sapiens highlighted

Yep it sure is the hottest year ever...for sure!

Ski Season Begins Early In Europe - Fast Track Ski News

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/en/soc...hanoi--buffaloes-freeze-to-death-in-sapa.html

And the reason why you shouldn't really py attention to Chris and his alarmism are these reports that show a whole host of problems with the data collection.

Control for Weather Quality Reporter
We are being inundated by day after day of having the hottest day of the year in Texas. Lol -- at least it seems like it here in Walker County. Being in the car on overly-heated roads under the hot sun made me come home ASAP. I'm enjoying my powerful fan in the music room just now. Whew! RELIEF!!

But it will be for us humans
WRONG!

Depending upon which rate of mitochondrial DNA genetic mutation you go with, homo sapiens sapiens branched off from tree of general hominid evolution anywhere between 150,000 to 300,000 years ago.

Per the graph I presented above, that would imply that our version of humans has experienced at least one "glacial/inter-glacial" cycle; if not 2-3 such cycles.

You may want to brush up on your anthropology, evolution, natural history, human history, geology, and other natural sciences courses since it appears you are a bit "rusty" on these essentials.

We are being inundated by day after day of having the hottest day of the year in Texas. Lol -- at least it seems like it here in Walker County. Being in the car on overly-heated roads under the hot sun made me come home ASAP. I'm enjoying my powerful fan in the music room just now. Whew! RELIEF!!
Meanwhile, up here in the PNW (Pacific NorthWest) we are having a relatively mild and comfortable early Summer.
We've had a few days where it peaked into the high 80s F.; but nights still drop down into the 50s.
Meanwhile getting the ideal blend of rainfall and warm temps to make most of my garden happy and blooming out all over.

Are you seriously comparing the extinction of dinosaurs by asteroid to an interglacial period that is 2C colder than the previous interglacial? Besides that there have been over 30 glacial/interglacial cycles over the past 3 million years. It's not the planet's first rodeo of this type.
Yeah!

"Creepyass" would seem to have flunked/failed his classes/courses in basic sciences, along with most Math and English Language: Reading Comprehension, Composition, Spelling, Grammar, Etc.; and likely a few other course subject areas as well.

When "he" fails to grasp concept and difference between Natural and Anthropogenic (human caused) it becomes clear he hasn't a clue on the basic subject material nor understand what the dialog is about. Like a few others, he may need to repeat K-12 to start to "get a clue".

Are you seriously comparing the extinction of dinosaurs by asteroid to an interglacial period that is 2C colder than the previous interglacial? Besides that there have been over 30 glacial/interglacial cycles over the past 3 million years. It's not the planet's first rodeo of this type.
Meant to mention; it might be possible that in the past a large Impact Event may have triggered an out of cycle climate shift/change for the planet.

IIRC, there are a couple traces of impact craters that date close to climate shift events.

WRONG!

Depending upon which rate of mitochondrial DNA genetic mutation you go with, homo sapiens sapiens branched off from tree of general hominid evolution anywhere between 150,000 to 300,000 years ago.

Per the graph I presented above, that would imply that our version of humans has experienced at least one "glacial/inter-glacial" cycle; if not 2-3 such cycles.

You may want to brush up on your anthropology, evolution, natural history, human history, geology, and other natural sciences courses since it appears you are a bit "rusty" on these essentials.

Great when SHTF maybe we can go back to living like cave people in small groups struggling for survival according to the laws of the jungle.

Don't spew denialist nonsense

Forum List

Back