Seems awful cold for the "hottest" year on record

Great when SHTF maybe we can go back to living like cave people in small groups struggling for survival according to the laws of the jungle.
Feel free. Feel free to go back to sacrificing virgins to your volcano gods as well.

Those of us who are actually scientifically literate will simply mitigate whatever problems arise, and prosper.

Feel free. Feel free to go back to sacrificing virgins to your volcano gods as well.

Those of us who are actually scientifically literate will simply mitigate whatever problems arise, and prosper.

Great your vital organs are increasingly infused with plastic such that you're practically evolving into some raider's clan real doll. Mitigate your way out.

Great your vital organs are increasingly infused with plastic such that you're practically evolving into some raider's clan real doll. Mitigate your way out.
When you are forced to rely on emotion for your arguments, you have left science long behind.

But, to your hypothetical, unlike you, I am heavily armed. The raiders had best watch out for me, because I am the meanest creature in my valley.

When you are forced to rely on emotion for your arguments, you have left science long behind.

But, to your hypothetical, unlike you, I am heavily armed. The raiders had best watch out for me, because I am the meanest creature in my valley.
Great I'm sure you will be catching the eye. With sass like that you might end up lasting more than a couple of days as some warlord's cumboy before being dumped in a ditch.

Great I'm sure you will be catching the eye. With sass like that you might end up lasting more than a couple of days as some warlord's cumboy before being dumped in a ditch.
Yeah, them warlords will be dropping at a high rate. From very long range.

We are being inundated by day after day of having the hottest day of the year in Texas. Lol -- at least it seems like it here in Walker County. Being in the car on overly-heated roads under the hot sun made me come home ASAP. I'm enjoying my powerful fan in the music room just now. Whew! RELIEF!!

No A/C? ... can you adopt me? ...

All of no significance when compared to the temperature ranges and climate variations of the past few hundreds of thousands of years.
Has yet to peak out as high as a few periods within the last 450 thousand years.
The 'sky is not falling'.
Climate change hundreds of thousands of years ago has no significance in discussing climate change in the coming decades and centuries.

Last edited:
A bit of warmer periods like those is not climate. Climate does not last 7 years. It is a descriptive term lasting around 30 and more years. It encompasses around 6 elements. Temperature is not one of them.
I cited the change in 2023 as an indicator that the warming is continuing. What the climate change has been over the last century is important but more important is increasing rate global temperature change.

I cited the change in 2023 as an indicator that the warming is continuing. What the climate change has been over the last century is important but more important is increasing rate global temperature change.

Here is where the alarmists fuck the pooch. Climate is not just local. It hammers huge areas. Say the Arctic or the Antarctic. They differ so much from the Tropic is is amusing to read Democrats alarmist claims.

What change?

Here is where the alarmists fuck the pooch. Climate is not just local. It hammers huge areas. Say the Arctic or the Antarctic. They differ so much from the Tropic is is amusing to read Democrats alarmist claims.
Yes, climate knows no boundaries. What happens in the Artic, Antarctic or tropics effects us thousand of miles away in many ways. The fact that climate is far different around the globe is why we measure the temperature of the earth by taking the average of thousands of weather station around globe. These averages are used to form a global temperature of the earth each year. The result for a single year has no significance but when compared to previous years, it shows a clear trend of rising global temperatures over the last 60 years. Temperature measurement over 100 years ago has shown increases in temperature but lack the confidence of the later measurements due less weather stations and poorer equipment and procedures.

Studies of tree rings and artic ice allow us to determine changes in temperature that goes back over a hundred years. The confidence in these studies are not near as good as actual temperature measures but they do show lower average temperatures 100 and 200 years ago.

Climate change hundreds of thousands of years ago has no significance in discussing climate change in the coming decades and centuries.
Same science, same elements, same chemistry, same physics, same math, etc.; back then and now. How it all works hasn't changed from back then to now.
When some lying loon says it is now "Hottest ever climate" than looking to past when it WAS much hotter is relevant.

You are both dodging the real issue and/or showing how little you understand the science involved; then or now.

You have a username that fits, it describes you mental capacity.

Yes, climate knows no boundaries. What happens in the Artic, Antarctic or tropics effects us thousand of miles away in many ways. The fact that climate is far different around the globe is why we measure the temperature of the earth by taking the average of thousands of weather station around globe. These averages are used to form a global temperature of the earth each year. The result for a single year has no significance but when compared to previous years, it shows a clear trend of rising global temperatures over the last 60 years. Temperature measurement over 100 years ago has shown increases in temperature but lack the confidence of the later measurements due less weather stations and poorer equipment and procedures.

Studies of tree rings and artic ice allow us to determine changes in temperature that goes back over a hundred years. The confidence in these studies are not near as good as actual temperature measures but they do show lower average temperatures 100 and 200 years ago.
And now you contradict what you said up in #133!
Tree rings, ice core and soil core, fossils, etc. go back more than just a hundred years and give a gauge on the long term, historical trends; as well as conditions and factors that applied way back.

Like many other climate change drones you fail to grasp that the issue isn't if climate is getting warmer or cooler, but if the major cause of change is natural or human caused.

Most of we so-called "skeptics and deniers" are rejecting the case of current change being caused by humans, mainly and/or solely.
In fact we consider true-believer drones like you to be the skeptics and deniers since you reject the fuller range of science and mathematics fails to prove your sham and hoax of anthropogenic.

Forum List

Back