Seldom Used Law Will Force Mitch To Take Disaster Vote

I’ll let the right-wing Washington Examiner explain why this would be such a disaster—for both Mitch and the rest of the GOP.

The California Democrat, under a seldom-used statute, could put a binding "resolution of disapproval" on the House floor to counter Trump should he claim constitutional power to unilaterally build a border wall.

The resolution would almost assuredly pass the Democratic House. Then, in a quirk of the law - the Congressional Review Act - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., would essentially be forced to hold a floor vote, with only a simple majority required for passage rather than the customary 60 votes.

Speaker Pelosi owns GOP (again): 'Seldom-used' law will force Mitch to take disaster vote.
We are now watching two brats behave like eight year olds. Pelosi and Trump.

This is disgraceful.

I’ll let the right-wing Washington Examiner explain why this would be such a disaster—for both Mitch and the rest of the GOP.

The California Democrat, under a seldom-used statute, could put a binding "resolution of disapproval" on the House floor to counter Trump should he claim constitutional power to unilaterally build a border wall.

The resolution would almost assuredly pass the Democratic House. Then, in a quirk of the law - the Congressional Review Act - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., would essentially be forced to hold a floor vote, with only a simple majority required for passage rather than the customary 60 votes.

Speaker Pelosi owns GOP (again): 'Seldom-used' law will force Mitch to take disaster vote.

This is disgraceful.

LMAO, have you seen your avatar? I think you're wishing you were 8.

This is disgraceful.

The clown theme was not started by me. It was started during the Obama years. Remember dipshit?

This is disgraceful.

The clown theme was not started by me. It was started during the Obama years. Remember dipshit?

Yean, there are children on both sides. Real independent thinkers don't bend to pier pressure.

OKTexas, post: 21777967,
Riddle me this ignorant ass. What would be the difference between a cartel flying a drone over the proposed 230 miles of new barriers vs flying one over the existing 630 miles built by other administrations? Come on child, show us how smart ya are. LMAO

So 2/3 of “the wall” that Trumpo said he will build for haters is already built. And Trumpo shut down the government to add 230 more miles to the 630 already in existence.

That leaves 1000 miles un-protected.

What a pathetic national emergency Trumpo is declaring for you.

As for the drones. I was talking about the stupidity of spending billions to build a wall the entire length of the border when drug smugglers will just fly over it any way.

When some of the existing fence was built drones were not as advanced and as available as they now are you freakin Trumpo smitten idiot.

Well. good luck with that Commies.... :eusa_whistle:

OKTexas, post: 21777967,
Riddle me this ignorant ass. What would be the difference between a cartel flying a drone over the proposed 230 miles of new barriers vs flying one over the existing 630 miles built by other administrations? Come on child, show us how smart ya are. LMAO

So 2/3 of “the wall” that Trumpo said he will build for haters is already built. And Trumpo shut down the government to add 230 more miles to the 630 already in existence.

That leaves 1000 miles un-protected.

What a pathetic national emergency Trumpo is declaring for you.

As for the drones. I was talking about the stupidity of spending billions to build a wall the entire length of the border when drug smugglers will just fly over it any way.

When some of the existing fence was built drones were not as advanced and as available as they now are you freakin Trumpo smitten idiot.

Only propaganda guzzlers and truly ignorant asses think he has thought about a full border wall in the last year and a half. Also the whole purpose of a wall is to force people to use alternative, more expensive methods of gaining access to the country. Drones would fall under that category.

Uncensored2008, post: 21782446
Well. good luck with that Commies....

It will force Mitch to take a disaster vote. Why do you think it won’t?

No luck needed.

1. Pelosi won't do it
  2. The Senate will defeat it if she does - which is WHY she won't.
Your voters are going to be stopped from flooding across the southern border - fact.

Uncensored2008, post: 2178414
  • Pelosi won't do it
  • The Senate will defeat it if she does - which is WHY she won't.

Even if GOP Senators were rock solid in supporting Trumpo’s potential national emergency call Pelisi will sure do it.

She wants every freakin Republican Senator voting with the President because that will hurt them.

If some ‘swamp’ deep state GOP Senators vote against Trumpo that’s just a great bonus for this brilliant political move.

Forum List

Back