Seldom Used Law Will Force Mitch To Take Disaster Vote

OKTexas, post: 21755474,
Posting applicable law is hardly running, try reading it.

If it’s applicable law then in your next post you need to explain why Mitch McConnell does not apply it.

You asked me to post my source for 30 Senators from any Party being able to get a Joint Resolution if Disapproval to the floor for a vote and I did.

You response is to run to another erroneous point about the national emergencies act that has no impact on a Joint Resolution of Disapproval.

Just fuck off, the CRA is not applicable, period. BTW what Mitch said a month ago is out the window now.

Really?

Trump’s ‘National Emergency’ Would Please His Base But Put GOP Senators On The Spot | HuffPost

POLITICS
Trump’s ‘National Emergency’ Would Please His Base But Put GOP Senators On The Spot
The Democratic-led House would be likely to pass a bill undoing an emergency declaration — and Mitch McConnell could not stop it from coming up for a Senate vote.
By S.V. Date, Arthur Delaney, and Igor Bobic
02/07/2019 05:08 PM ET

The vote can come as fast as 15 days.

You said it wouid take six months.

You want to post the parts you feel are relevant, I don't give left wing hate sites like the huffy post clicks.

If it’s applicable law then in your next post you need to explain why Mitch McConnell does not apply it.

You asked me to post my source for 30 Senators from any Party being able to get a Joint Resolution if Disapproval to the floor for a vote and I did.

You response is to run to another erroneous point about the national emergencies act that has no impact on a Joint Resolution of Disapproval.

Just fuck off, the CRA is not applicable, period. BTW what Mitch said a month ago is out the window now.

Really?

Trump’s ‘National Emergency’ Would Please His Base But Put GOP Senators On The Spot | HuffPost

POLITICS
Trump’s ‘National Emergency’ Would Please His Base But Put GOP Senators On The Spot
The Democratic-led House would be likely to pass a bill undoing an emergency declaration — and Mitch McConnell could not stop it from coming up for a Senate vote.

You want to post the parts you feel are relevant, I don't give left wing hate sites like the huffy post clicks.

What? Not your brand of hate:

I did post the relevant fact. Facts are facts you know.

Here it is again:

You also moaned about previous McConnell quote being a month old.

Look at the date:

Really?

POLITICS

What? Not your brand of hate:

I did post the relevant fact. Facts are facts you know.

Here it is again:

You also moaned about previous McConnell quote being a month old.

Look at the date:

Yeah, a claim with no backup, you sound like the OP. The post probably plagiarized the examiner.

OKTexas, post: 21776396
Yeah, a claim with no backup, you sound like the OP. The post probably plagiarized the examiner.

I already provided the words from the actual law where it is stated that only one Senator is needed to bring a Resolution of Disapproval to a simple majority vote.

Today’s reporting confirms that to be true. And a vote will happen in 15 days if Trumpo tries to rob hurricane reconstruction funds to build a stupid wall.

Trumpo will be a fool if he declares an emergency to build his stupid wall.

Upper hand Pelosi.

Your orange goon will fully wimp out and cave or be a hopeless fool.

Why don’t you tell him to get the money from Mexico like he promised?

OKTexas, post: 21776396

I already provided the words from the actual law where it is stated that only one Senator is needed to bring a Resolution of Disapproval to a simple majority vote.

Today’s reporting confirms that to be true. And a vote will happen in 15 days if Trumpo tries to rob hurricane reconstruction funds to build a stupid wall.

Trumpo will be a fool if he declares an emergency to build his stupid wall.

Upper hand Pelosi.

Your orange goon will fully wimp out and cave or be a hopeless fool.

Why don’t you tell him to get the money from Mexico like he promised?

Since you not saying what law, I have to assume you're telling the same lie as the OP. BTW Trump can do everything he needs to do in 15 days and there's not a damn thing the commiecrats could change. I'm sure the money has been identified, and contracts are ready to be signed. Once done, the commies are powerless, that's the real law.

I’ll let the right-wing Washington Examiner explain why this would be such a disaster—for both Mitch and the rest of the GOP.

The California Democrat, under a seldom-used statute, could put a binding "resolution of disapproval" on the House floor to counter Trump should he claim constitutional power to unilaterally build a border wall.

The resolution would almost assuredly pass the Democratic House. Then, in a quirk of the law - the Congressional Review Act - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., would essentially be forced to hold a floor vote, with only a simple majority required for passage rather than the customary 60 votes.

Speaker Pelosi owns GOP (again): 'Seldom-used' law will force Mitch to take disaster vote.
No one cares. Least of all President Trump. The only thing these CLOWNS in congress can agree on is to continue getting our military members killed in Syria and Afghanistan,sorry I don't take anything they say or do seriously or even to be legitimate.

More cops are being killed on the streets in this country per week than have died in Afghanistan, Syria, or any other hot spot we're are deployed.

My daughter's unit (a regiment) is just now completing a completing a deployment to Iraq that started last summer. Casualties? Zero.
Doesn't mean people aren't dying. My point is the congress can't agree on a damn thing BUT to keep our troops in harms way.

More people die in Chicago in a weekend than have died in Iraq, Syrian and Afghanistan since the beginning of the year!

OKTexas, post: 21750892
It's left to the president to decide what's an emergency, it's been explained how it works, believe it or not.

And if Pelosi and the House pass a resolution of disapproval the Senate will have to bring it up for a vote.

We don’t have a king who can decide something is an emergency whether it truly is or whether it is not.

The House must appropriate how the people’s money is to be spent.

You may want a king or dictator to decide things for you since freedom means nothing to you, but I’m confidant most Americans do not.

The house can pass a resolution, there's nothing that says the senate must vote on it for 6 months. That's the requirement in the law. Also what makes you think only the house appropriates how money is spent. There's nothing that says an appropriations bill can't originate in the senate.

Sorry, on that point you are incorrect. Read the Constitution.

It's left to the president to decide what's an emergency, it's been explained how it works, believe it or not.

And if Pelosi and the House pass a resolution of disapproval the Senate will have to bring it up for a vote.

We don’t have a king who can decide something is an emergency whether it truly is or whether it is not.

You may want a king or dictator to decide things for you since freedom means nothing to you, but I’m confidant most Americans do not.

The house can pass a resolution, there's nothing that says the senate must vote on it for 6 months. That's the requirement in the law. Also what makes you think only the house appropriates how money is spent. There's nothing that says an appropriations bill can't originate in the senate.

Evidently I know it better than you, the Constitution says bills raising revenue must originate in the house of reps, it doesn't confine spending bills to either house of congress.

Evidently I know it better than you, the Constitution says bills raising revenue must originate in the house of reps, it doesn't confine spending bills to either house of congress.

I didn't say that, now did I? Try reading more instead of jumping on my ass, and putting words in my mouth. The process is far more complicated than you have expressed.

I didn't say that, now did I? Try reading more instead of jumping on my ass, and putting words in my mouth. The process is far more complicated than you have expressed.

Then maybe you should say what you mean, I was going by what you highlighted in my post.

OKTexas, post: 21750892And if Pelosi and the House pass a resolution of disapproval the Senate will have to bring it up for a vote.

Then maybe you should say what you mean, I was going by what you highlighted in my post.

Maybe you should explain yourself further. That's not my job to make up for your deficiencies.

Maybe you should explain yourself further. That's not my job to make up for your deficiencies.

Fuck off, I explained the portion you highlighted, appropriations bills can originate in either house of congress, period end of story. My point was perfectly correct regardless of your ignorance.

Since you not saying what law, I have to assume you're telling the same lie as the OP.

There us no lie in the OP. You are avoiding the reality defined in the OP. Trumpo will be a fool to go the emergency funding route because it sets up GOP Senators to be forced by Nancy Pelosi to go on record in a vote of disssproval against him. And if Trumpo vetos the Resolution passed against him - there could be the potential that Republicans align with Dems to override it.

And if Trumpo’s veto survives - the next wall of resistance kicks in which will be the courts.

Then Trumpo will have to explain among a zillion other inconsistencies and lies why if the wall is an emergency why did he not get it done two years earlier when Republicans controlled the House and a Senate.

Trump will be a complete fool if he goes the energency path stealing funds from hurricane relief for his re-election campaign.

And when sone drug cartel gets caught flying a drone loaded with drugs over some stupid remote desert billion dollar wall Trumpo will be the laughingstock of the entire world.

Ttat is the point and the reality that the typical TrumperDoodleDandy can’t getbthrough their MAGA cap covered head.

Their god is an idiot.

Quote the law or senate rule. You're flapping your gums, now it's time to prove it.

Do you admit you are wrong or do you flap your chicken wings and run away?

Committee Action in the Senate
“For the stages of committee and initial floor consideration, the expedited procedures in the Congressional Review Act apply to the Senate alone. First, the Act attempts to ensure that the Senate will be able to act on the disapproval resolution whether or not the committee of referral reports it. Regardless of when the resolution is introduced, a procedure to discharge the committee from its consideration becomes available beginning 20 calendar days after the rule has been both submitted to Congress and published in the Federal Register. If 30 Senators submit a petition for the purpose, the measure is automatically discharged and placed on the calendar, from which it may be called up for floor consideration.31”

https://www.senate.gov/CRSpubs/316e2dc1-fc69-43cc-979a-dfc24d784c08.pdf

When are you going to get through your thick head that the CRA only applies to regulations imposed by federal executive agencies. The National Emergency Act has a completely different set of requirements.

See Senate rule 14, which also doesn't apply to a disapproval resolution under the National Emergency Act.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RS22299.pdf

=Title II: Declarations of Future National Emergencies= - States that, with respect to Acts of Congress authorizing the exercise of any special or extraordinary power during a national emergency, the President is authorized to declare such national emergency.

Provides that any national emergency declared by the President in accordance with this title shall terminate if (1) Congress terminates the emergency by concurrent resolution; or (2) the President issues a proclamation terminating the emergency.

H.R.3884 - 94th Congress (1975-1976): National Emergencies Act

Great response.

You said, " When are you going to get through your thick head that the CRA only applies to regulations imposed by federal executive agencies. The National Emergency Act has a completely different set of requirements." What you said is true and can be easily verified simply by reading the legislation.

It's strange that you get it and I get it, but somehow the little boy who calls himself NotfooledbyW doesn't understand. It's obvious that either he has never read the law or he has serious cognitive disabilities. I believe he is intelectually lazy and has never read the law. Of course, it might also be true that he doesn't know how to perform basic research. At any rate, he doesn't have a clue about what the law says (but he has convinced himself he is a legal scholar)..

The Professor, post: 2177696
You said, " When are you going to get through your thick head that the CRA only applies to regulations imposed by federal executive agencies. The National Emergency Act has a completely different set of requirements." What you said is true and can be easily verified simply by reading the legislation.

Couple of morons unite in stupidity.

The CRA procedures will be followed in the Senate and Mitch McConnell cannot block it or force NEA procedures to apply.

So you idiots are wrong and beside the point.

I’m no legal scholar but I do know enough to hear what Senators are saying about this including the Senate Majority Leader.

I’ll let the right-wing Washington Examiner explain why this would be such a disaster—for both Mitch and the rest of the GOP.

The California Democrat, under a seldom-used statute, could put a binding "resolution of disapproval" on the House floor to counter Trump should he claim constitutional power to unilaterally build a border wall.

The resolution would almost assuredly pass the Democratic House. Then, in a quirk of the law - the Congressional Review Act - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., would essentially be forced to hold a floor vote, with only a simple majority required for passage rather than the customary 60 votes.

Speaker Pelosi owns GOP (again): 'Seldom-used' law will force Mitch to take disaster vote.
Maybe it is time that the US citizens just arm up and go after those that dont want to keep US secure. That is what concerned citizens do to TRAITORS to the country.. So we add a few names to the famous traitors....
List Of Executed Traitors Guilty Of Treason
Execution of famous traitors: Here is a list of every traitor, guilty of treason against their sovereign, executed by law. For these traitors, death penalty put an end to their shameful life.

Maybe it's time for Trump to admit that he's full of shit and there is NEVER going to be a wall.

As for executing traitors for treason, starting with Donald J. Trump for his destruction of US alliances to the benefit of Russia. Trump is a Russian agent doing the bidding of Vladimir Putin. Trump is guilty of treason, and should be executed.

Fuck off, I explained the portion you highlighted, appropriations bills can originate in either house of congress, period end of story. My point was perfectly correct regardless of your ignorance.

Sorry, but your point is like saying Michael Jordan was an average basketball player. You left out a great deal.

Wallow in your desire to obfuscate and confuse. You have been a good student of liberals.

Since you not saying what law, I have to assume you're telling the same lie as the OP.

There us no lie in the OP. You are avoiding the reality defined in the OP. Trumpo will be a fool to go the emergency funding route because it sets up GOP Senators to be forced by Nancy Pelosi to go on record in a vote of disssproval against him. And if Trumpo vetos the Resolution passed against him - there could be the potential that Republicans align with Dems to override it.

And if Trumpo’s veto survives - the next wall of resistance kicks in which will be the courts.

Then Trumpo will have to explain among a zillion other inconsistencies and lies why if the wall is an emergency why did he not get it done two years earlier when Republicans controlled the House and a Senate.

Trump will be a complete fool if he goes the energency path stealing funds from hurricane relief for his re-election campaign.

And when sone drug cartel gets caught flying a drone loaded with drugs over some stupid remote desert billion dollar wall Trumpo will be the laughingstock of the entire world.

Ttat is the point and the reality that the typical TrumperDoodleDandy can’t getbthrough their MAGA cap covered head.

Their god is an idiot.

Riddle me this ignorant ass. What would be the difference between a cartel flying a drone over the proposed 230 miles of new barriers vs flying one over the existing 630 miles built by other administrations? Come on child, show us how smart ya are. LMAO

Quote the law or senate rule. You're flapping your gums, now it's time to prove it.

Do you admit you are wrong or do you flap your chicken wings and run away?

Committee Action in the Senate
“For the stages of committee and initial floor consideration, the expedited procedures in the Congressional Review Act apply to the Senate alone. First, the Act attempts to ensure that the Senate will be able to act on the disapproval resolution whether or not the committee of referral reports it. Regardless of when the resolution is introduced, a procedure to discharge the committee from its consideration becomes available beginning 20 calendar days after the rule has been both submitted to Congress and published in the Federal Register. If 30 Senators submit a petition for the purpose, the measure is automatically discharged and placed on the calendar, from which it may be called up for floor consideration.31”

https://www.senate.gov/CRSpubs/316e2dc1-fc69-43cc-979a-dfc24d784c08.pdf

When are you going to get through your thick head that the CRA only applies to regulations imposed by federal executive agencies. The National Emergency Act has a completely different set of requirements.

See Senate rule 14, which also doesn't apply to a disapproval resolution under the National Emergency Act.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RS22299.pdf

=Title II: Declarations of Future National Emergencies= - States that, with respect to Acts of Congress authorizing the exercise of any special or extraordinary power during a national emergency, the President is authorized to declare such national emergency.

Provides that any national emergency declared by the President in accordance with this title shall terminate if (1) Congress terminates the emergency by concurrent resolution; or (2) the President issues a proclamation terminating the emergency.

H.R.3884 - 94th Congress (1975-1976): National Emergencies Act

Great response.

It's strange that you get it and I get it, but somehow the little boy who calls himself NotfooledbyW doesn't understand. It's obvious that either he has never read the law or he has serious cognitive disabilities. I believe he is intelectually lazy and has never read the law. Of course, it might also be true that he doesn't know how to perform basic research. At any rate, he doesn't have a clue about what the law says (but he has convinced himself he is a legal scholar)..

The CRA has been used 13 times during the Trump administration and without fail it was used as intended by the law, to eliminate executive branch regulations. But you have to forgive the ignorant ass, he read it on the internet so it must be true.

Sorry, but your point is like saying Michael Jordan was an average basketball player. You left out a great deal.

Wallow in your desire to obfuscate and confuse. You have been a good student of liberals.

What did I say that wasn't true? If you think I'm going to take the time to go into every variation of legislation you're delusional.

Forum List

Back