Sen Joe McCarthy: American Patriot and Hero

McCarthy was scum, folks.

This revisionism some of you are into is akin to holocaust denial.

So he spent six years creating a spin on the man that didn't exist.

Frank, only 2% of America cares about him, and they don't count.

People who love and admire Stalin and Marxism have a problem with McCarthy.

Wow. Color me shocked.

pg66.gif

1990032CJ.jpg

stalin.jpg

I see the problem!

OK. This man

Joseph_McCarthy.jpg

said that this man

stalin.jpg

who did this millions of times

021163.jpg

was infiltrating the US government.

It turns out that the first guy, Joe McCarthy was 100% accurate.

Does that help?

CF, come here. Let me whisper in your ear. ALL OF AMERICA KNEW ABOUT THE EVILS OF COMMUNISM! McCarthy told America nothing that it did not know already.

The point here is HOW he did it and WHY he did it.

No, McCarthy was not an America hero, and neither are you for defending him.

People who love liars and drunks love McCarthy.

The man was a walking insult to everything our nation stands for.

The fact that he claimed to be attacking commies is nothing but smoke.

The man was attacking his own nation.

He was drunken scum and it took the GOP to take him down.

McCarthy's legacy of hate is cast in stone. Ann Coulter claims this pig is a hero as well, your attempt to legitimize him is futile.

G. David Schine was an American hero and patriot?
He was drafted into the military and Roy Cohn attempted to get the Army to allow his camping buddy to stay close to home the Army said no. So what does Cohn do as he admired the patriot in uniform? Cohn stated "I will wreck the Army".
Yes, Schine worked very hard all of his life inheriting his family's fortune. With God riding shotgun he teamed with Cohn and McCarthy to fight commie pinkos after writing a Red Menace pamphlet unedited for spelling errors and full of false innuendo. It was placed next to the Bible in every hotel room Schine owned worldwide. Onward Christian soldiers!
Cohn and McCarthy publicly claimed the Army was holding Schine "hostage in an attempt to stop investigations into communists in the Army"
Cohn took the fall for McCarthy as the hearings' results placed the entire pressure tactic on him alone.
How come McCarthy never revealed who those commies were in the Army?
LOL, it gets better sports fans.

People who love liars and drunks love McCarthy.

The man was a walking insult to everything our nation stands for.

The fact that he claimed to be attacking commies is nothing but smoke.

The man was attacking his own nation.

He was drunken scum and it took the GOP to take him down.

I agree BUT Winnie Churchill "took more out of alcohol than alcohol took out of me".

In June 1948, 2 years before Joe McCarthy would start to ask why the Truman Administration was protecting Communist spies at US State Department, the American Left's favorite World Leader

Josef-Stalin.jpg

blockaded the US and Britian's access to Berlin. This caused the USA and the British (the Good Guys) to airlift supplies into Berlin to keep Stalin from taking control of Berlin. The Soviet attempt to strangle Berlin ended on May 1949.

Then in Feb 1950, Joe McCarthy made his Wheeling WV speech.

In June 1950, the ChiComs gave the go ahead to attack Korea. Communist in 2 hemisphere were either at war or attempting to restart a war with the USA and yet is Joe McCarthy is accused by the American Left of a harvesting a

"RED SCARE"

To review, from 1948-49 the American Left's Favorite Mass Murderer tried to start a war with the US and British over Berlin and then in June 1950, the American Left's second Favorite Mass Murderer actually did initiate a war with us.

And Stalin's Useful Idiots continue to insist that thing were great until McCarthy drummed up his false "Red Scare"

See how that works?

OK, let's do it again, Frank, because you are still posting stupidly.

CF, come here. Let me whisper in your ear. ALL OF AMERICA KNEW ABOUT THE EVILS OF COMMUNISM! McCarthy told America nothing that it did not know already.

The point here is HOW he did it and WHY he did it.

No, McCarthy was not an America hero, and neither are you for defending him.

Jake, none of these Coulterians can answer:
Why was G. David Schine a "consultant" and asking most of witnesses questions behind closed doors?
They probably didn't even know this guy before I named him. He wasn't in bimbo's book.

Gadawg, a search of this thread shows that Frank never one time mentioned the name Coulter; her name used in the context of this thread has mostly been mentioned by you.

Schine was a staffer on the committee. Any attention to C-span vis-a-vis committee hearings (and I personally have watched plenty of them) will show staffers asking questions when careful attention to legal details are demanded. Legal staffers ask questions as stand-ins for senators, usually when they have drafted the questions and know more fully how answers lead from the substance of the questions.

Whenever the answers to questions might or will be damaging to national security, and even to personal reputations the questioning goes behind closed doors, in what is called "executive session." We saw plenty of this in hearings of Clinton/Whitewater, Cliinton/Impeachment hearings, and others over the years.

The source material that Frank made the subject of the OP was Evans" Blacklisted, not Coulter's book. G David Schine was referred to in 24 pages and numerous times in Blacklisted, and the problematic nature of his involvement was covered therein.
You deflect.

Schine a staffer?
He never was an employee of the government and never received a paycheck.
Staffer? He was listed as "consultant".
You have NO clue so give it up before I make you look very foolish also.

Gadawg, why don’t you just post, with back-up instead of blowing rhetoric at posters whose posts you object to or you disagree with?
I understand..... you simply don’t want to do the work.
Make me look foolish? Have at it.

I’ll go with what I THINK you are alluding to, here, and in part that’s the popular theory that Cohn and Schine were homosexuals. You alluded to that possibility earlier in this thread I believe.

From Arthur Hermann’s-Joseph McCarthy pp - 211
“ - Cohn was twenty six, Robert Kennedy Twenty-seven. The third new member of the team, David Schine, reinforced the new PSI image of youth and aggressive vitality. At twenty-five, the son of a millionaire hotel chain and restaurant owner, David Schine was tall, blond, and slender and blessed with the dreamy-eyed good looks that, in Richard Rovere’s immortal phrase “one associated with male orchestra singers.” - ”

ibid-pp-218
“ - there is no evidence that the young [Cohn/Schine] men were ever lovers or that Schine than was anything but heterosexual. But without a doubt Schine’s physical presence triggered a deep response in Cohn which, as time went on, bordered on obsession. - ”

[“Schine was later married to Hillevi Rombin, and was the father of a son named Frederick”] (biography of G. David Schine - True Knowledge)

Was Schine a staffer?” That depends on the meaning of the word “staffer” doesn’t it? In the operative sense, Schine was a staffer.

From M.Stanton Evans’-Blackballed by History - pp-450
“ - Also on the McCarthy staff was another youthful member who would turn out to be, when all was done, the most significant of them all. This was G. David Schine, heir to a substantial fortune, graduate of Harvard, and notable young man about town in New York and Boston. Schine, [...] was twenty-five at the beginning of 1953 and had the previous year become a friend of Cohn’s. When Cohn took over the counsel’s job for McCarthy, he brought Schine along as a volunteer consultant. As the affluent Schine was willing to work for nothing, McCarthy had no objections to the agreement. - ”

ibid - pp-468
“ - The most notorious chapter of the [Cohn/Schine] story was an April tour of U.S. reading centers and related posts in Europe by Cohn and committee staffer David Schine. - ” [U.S. Information reading centers established in Europe, run at U.S. government expense, were supposedly intended to support the American view of democracy to the world.]

ibid-pp-469
“ - Given the stated object of the program, it struck McCarthy, [US Senator] Mundt, and others as odd that Communist and pro-Communist writings should be profusely featured in the reading centers. And, based on data from the State Department, the surveys of Cohn and Schine, and other analyses of the setup, profuse would seem to be an apt description. By the Committee’s best estimates, there were on the shelves approximately 30,000 books by Red and pro-Red writers. Included in this number were veteran Communists bosses and sometime authors Earl Browder and William Z. Foster, who of course made no secret of their Red opinions. - ”

ibid pp-475
“ - Part of the story would be told by Ben Bradlee [later famed writer for Newsweek and the Washington Post] …
As Bradlee told it, he and other Embassy staffers went out of their way to round up hostile reporters on a Paris Sunday for a merciless thrashing of Cohn and Schine. “We weren’t five minutes into it” said Bradlee, “before [Cohn and Schine] realized it was a disaster and they realized they had been set up . . .

“There wasn’t a question that took them seriously. not a single anything remotely like a friend in the audience . . .” Much pleased with this, Bradlee worked with British correspondents to orchestrate a similarly angry press turnout in London. Such were the services rendered by State Department officials to enhance the image of the U.S. abroad in the early 1950s. And such were the conditions in which Cohn and Schine would be blamed for holding “press conferences” in fact orchestrated by our diplomats in Europe. - ”

He was drafted into the military and Roy Cohn attempted to get the Army to allow his camping buddy to stay close to home the Army said no. So what does Cohn do as he admired the patriot in uniform? Cohn stated "I will wreck the Army".

Yes, Schine worked very hard all of his life inheriting his family's fortune. With God riding shotgun he teamed with Cohn and McCarthy to fight commie pinkos after writing a Red Menace pamphlet unedited for spelling errors and full of false innuendo. It was placed next to the Bible in every hotel room Schine owned worldwide. Onward Christian soldiers!

Cohn and McCarthy publicly claimed the Army was holding Schine "hostage in an attempt to stop investigations into communists in the Army"
Cohn took the fall for McCarthy as the hearings' results placed the entire pressure tactic on him alone.

Personally I would not call Schine a “hero” but I believe he would fall under the mantra of “patriot” in that he went against pressure from the government to push him into a position of non-relevance and he stood up to what today would be classified as overwhelming pressure to back off from work, and make him a pawn. He at least, saw what needed being done and did it.

[In 1944 at the end of WWII, with Russia seen as our ally, the war against the Dies committee [which preceded McCarthy’s], was unceasing. It reached an apogee when a precedent was set with that committee, which shows certain parallels between IT and McCarthy committee - How to systematically remove troublesome staffers (or consultants) from doing their jobs in congressional committees]

Blacklisted pp 543
“ - a campaign was launched to draft the [earlier Dies] committee’s top professional staffer, chief investigator Robert Stripling, into military service. Stripling then thirty-one years old, married and a father, held a key congressional job relating to security matters, and was specifically exempted from the draft by the Legislative Deferment Committee of Congress.

Notwithstanding all of which, as Stripling would relate, he was advised by his draft board that “there’s been a lot off pressure on us to get you into the Army.” ― hence classified as 1-A and a candidate for conscription. Columnists Drew Pearson and some of his journalistic brethren then mounted a vigorous press campaign to have Stripling called to active duty. This in fact occurred, and the ex-chief investigator would spend the next year and a half as an Army yardbird. . . .

The Stripling story would be repeated, mutatis mutandis, in 1953, with another staffer for yet another anti-Red committee, and with the ever-watchful Pearson once more hovering in the background. This staffer was G. David Schine, pal of Roy Cohn, part-time consultant to the PSI and soon to be the most famous private in the Army. . . .

In context, probably the most distinctive thing about Schine was that he was the McCarthy staffer most eligible for being drafted, though even this was a bit of a stretch. In 1947, he had been classified 4-F, and draft exempt because of a slipped disc in his back. In 1953, Schine was approaching his twenty-sixth birthday, much older than the average conscript of that era, still classified 4-F, and helping lay the groundwork for the probe at Monmouth.

At this point, Drew Pearson would come back in the picture and, based on some combination of outside tips and inside sources, managed to obtain the Schine draft records. Pearson then began another press crusade to the effect that Schine was a shirker who ought to be conscripted. After a series of columns on this theme, the Schine case was reopened; he was classified 1-A and would enter the Army in November. When Drew Pearson spoke, it seems, local draft boards listened. . . .

Army Secretary Robert Stevens was of the like opinion, voiced in January 1954 to Defense official Fred Seaton. “Of course” said Stevens, “the kid [Schine] was taken at the very last minute, before he was eligible for age. My guess would be that if he hadn’t been working for McCarthy, he probably never would have been drafted . . . ”

However it was managed, and for whatever reason, the effect of Shine’s induction was to give the Army a pressure point where influence over the McCarthy panel might at least in theory be wielded. It also created a two-way dynamic between McCarthy and the Ike administration. . . . - ”

McCarthy claimed agents in the first espionage branch of the CIA were communists.
“He called the CIA "a sinkhole of communists".”
Joe McCarthy claimed the CIA was full of communists and is championed here as more than the grand show man he was.
Fucking unbelievable.

Do you have a source/link for that comment by McCarthy other than Cord Meyer through wikki? I don’t find it in David M. Oshinsky’s “A “Conspiracy So Immense,” nor in Arthur Hermann’s-Joseph McCarthy or “Blacklisted…” only in Cord Meyer’s book “Facing Reality: From World Federalism to the Central Intelligence Agency.”
Meyer and his wife Mary Pinchot Meyer were both supporters of a one world government, and E. Howard Hunt made a claim that Meyer was involved in the assassination of JFK because of the affair JFK had with his wife Mary.

Last edited:
McCarthy's atmosphere of unfounded hatred and persecution that affected innocent people is exactly what is being taught as unconscionable in high school and university.

PC's charade profiteth her nothing.

Gadawg, a search of this thread shows that Frank never one time mentioned the name Coulter; her name used in the context of this thread has mostly been mentioned by you.

Schine was a staffer on the committee. Any attention to C-span vis-a-vis committee hearings (and I personally have watched plenty of them) will show staffers asking questions when careful attention to legal details are demanded. Legal staffers ask questions as stand-ins for senators, usually when they have drafted the questions and know more fully how answers lead from the substance of the questions.

Whenever the answers to questions might or will be damaging to national security, and even to personal reputations the questioning goes behind closed doors, in what is called "executive session." We saw plenty of this in hearings of Clinton/Whitewater, Cliinton/Impeachment hearings, and others over the years.

The source material that Frank made the subject of the OP was Evans" Blacklisted, not Coulter's book. G David Schine was referred to in 24 pages and numerous times in Blacklisted, and the problematic nature of his involvement was covered therein.
You deflect.

Schine a staffer?
He never was an employee of the government and never received a paycheck.
Staffer? He was listed as "consultant".
You have NO clue so give it up before I make you look very foolish also.

Gadawg, why don’t you just post, with back-up instead of blowing rhetoric at posters whose posts you object to or you disagree with?
I understand..... you simply don’t want to do the work.
Make me look foolish? Have at it.

I’ll go with what I THINK you are alluding to, here, and in part that’s the popular theory that Cohn and Schine were homosexuals. You alluded to that possibility earlier in this thread I believe.

From Arthur Hermann’s-Joseph McCarthy pp - 211
“ - Cohn was twenty six, Robert Kennedy Twenty-seven. The third new member of the team, David Schine, reinforced the new PSI image of youth and aggressive vitality. At twenty-five, the son of a millionaire hotel chain and restaurant owner, David Schine was tall, blond, and slender and blessed with the dreamy-eyed good looks that, in Richard Rovere’s immortal phrase “one associated with male orchestra singers.” - ”

ibid-pp-218
“ - there is no evidence that the young [Cohn/Schine] men were ever lovers or that Schine than was anything but heterosexual. But without a doubt Schine’s physical presence triggered a deep response in Cohn which, as time went on, bordered on obsession. - ”

[“Schine was later married to Hillevi Rombin, and was the father of a son named Frederick”] (biography of G. David Schine - True Knowledge)

Was Schine a staffer?” That depends on the meaning of the word “staffer” doesn’t it? In the operative sense, Schine was a staffer.

From M.Stanton Evans’-Blackballed by History - pp-450
“ - Also on the McCarthy staff was another youthful member who would turn out to be, when all was done, the most significant of them all. This was G. David Schine, heir to a substantial fortune, graduate of Harvard, and notable young man about town in New York and Boston. Schine, [...] was twenty-five at the beginning of 1953 and had the previous year become a friend of Cohn’s. When Cohn took over the counsel’s job for McCarthy, he brought Schine along as a volunteer consultant. As the affluent Schine was willing to work for nothing, McCarthy had no objections to the agreement. - ”

ibid - pp-468
“ - The most notorious chapter of the [Cohn/Schine] story was an April tour of U.S. reading centers and related posts in Europe by Cohn and committee staffer David Schine. - ” [U.S. Information reading centers established in Europe, run at U.S. government expense, were supposedly intended to support the American view of democracy to the world.]

ibid-pp-469
“ - Given the stated object of the program, it struck McCarthy, [US Senator] Mundt, and others as odd that Communist and pro-Communist writings should be profusely featured in the reading centers. And, based on data from the State Department, the surveys of Cohn and Schine, and other analyses of the setup, profuse would seem to be an apt description. By the Committee’s best estimates, there were on the shelves approximately 30,000 books by Red and pro-Red writers. Included in this number were veteran Communists bosses and sometime authors Earl Browder and William Z. Foster, who of course made no secret of their Red opinions. - ”

ibid pp-475
“ - Part of the story would be told by Ben Bradlee [later famed writer for Newsweek and the Washington Post] …
As Bradlee told it, he and other Embassy staffers went out of their way to round up hostile reporters on a Paris Sunday for a merciless thrashing of Cohn and Schine. “We weren’t five minutes into it” said Bradlee, “before [Cohn and Schine] realized it was a disaster and they realized they had been set up . . .

“There wasn’t a question that took them seriously. not a single anything remotely like a friend in the audience . . .” Much pleased with this, Bradlee worked with British correspondents to orchestrate a similarly angry press turnout in London. Such were the services rendered by State Department officials to enhance the image of the U.S. abroad in the early 1950s. And such were the conditions in which Cohn and Schine would be blamed for holding “press conferences” in fact orchestrated by our diplomats in Europe. - ”

Personally I would not call Schine a “hero” but I believe he would fall under the mantra of “patriot” in that he went against pressure from the government to push him into a position of non-relevance and he stood up to what today would be classified as overwhelming pressure to back off from work, and make him a pawn. He at least, saw what needed being done and did it.

[In 1944 at the end of WWII, with Russia seen as our ally, the war against the Dies committee [which preceded McCarthy’s], was unceasing. It reached an apogee when a precedent was set with that committee, which shows certain parallels between IT and McCarthy committee - How to systematically remove troublesome staffers (or consultants) from doing their jobs in congressional committees]

Blacklisted pp 543
“ - a campaign was launched to draft the [earlier Dies] committee’s top professional staffer, chief investigator Robert Stripling, into military service. Stripling then thirty-one years old, married and a father, held a key congressional job relating to security matters, and was specifically exempted from the draft by the Legislative Deferment Committee of Congress.

Notwithstanding all of which, as Stripling would relate, he was advised by his draft board that “there’s been a lot off pressure on us to get you into the Army.” ― hence classified as 1-A and a candidate for conscription. Columnists Drew Pearson and some of his journalistic brethren then mounted a vigorous press campaign to have Stripling called to active duty. This in fact occurred, and the ex-chief investigator would spend the next year and a half as an Army yardbird. . . .

The Stripling story would be repeated, mutatis mutandis, in 1953, with another staffer for yet another anti-Red committee, and with the ever-watchful Pearson once more hovering in the background. This staffer was G. David Schine, pal of Roy Cohn, part-time consultant to the PSI and soon to be the most famous private in the Army. . . .

In context, probably the most distinctive thing about Schine was that he was the McCarthy staffer most eligible for being drafted, though even this was a bit of a stretch. In 1947, he had been classified 4-F, and draft exempt because of a slipped disc in his back. In 1953, Schine was approaching his twenty-sixth birthday, much older than the average conscript of that era, still classified 4-F, and helping lay the groundwork for the probe at Monmouth.

At this point, Drew Pearson would come back in the picture and, based on some combination of outside tips and inside sources, managed to obtain the Schine draft records. Pearson then began another press crusade to the effect that Schine was a shirker who ought to be conscripted. After a series of columns on this theme, the Schine case was reopened; he was classified 1-A and would enter the Army in November. When Drew Pearson spoke, it seems, local draft boards listened. . . .

Army Secretary Robert Stevens was of the like opinion, voiced in January 1954 to Defense official Fred Seaton. “Of course” said Stevens, “the kid [Schine] was taken at the very last minute, before he was eligible for age. My guess would be that if he hadn’t been working for McCarthy, he probably never would have been drafted . . . ”

However it was managed, and for whatever reason, the effect of Shine’s induction was to give the Army a pressure point where influence over the McCarthy panel might at least in theory be wielded. It also created a two-way dynamic between McCarthy and the Ike administration. . . . - ”

McCarthy claimed agents in the first espionage branch of the CIA were communists.
“He called the CIA "a sinkhole of communists".”
Joe McCarthy claimed the CIA was full of communists and is championed here as more than the grand show man he was.
Fucking unbelievable.

Do you have a source/link for that comment by McCarthy other than Cord Meyer through wikki? I don’t find it in David M. Oshinsky’s “A “Conspiracy So Immense,” nor in Arthur Hermann’s-Joseph McCarthy or “Blacklisted…” only in Cord Meyer’s book “Facing Reality: From World Federalism to the Central Intelligence Agency.”
Meyer and his wife Mary Pinchot Meyer were both supporters of a one world government, and E. Howard Hunt made a claim that Meyer was involved in the assassination of JFK because of the affair JFK had with his wife Mary.

Thank you for that.

The Stalin Supporters won't read it, but thank you.

Amazing how Useful Idiots can't even tell when they've outlived their usefulness.

The USSR admitted McCarthy was correct and declassified files confirm it.

But keep telling us how Uncle Joe was a good guy.

Frank, you continue to lie. No one has said there were no communists in government. The atmosphere of persecution and hatred is why his own party pulled him down. That is going to be my post to any attempt to rehabilitation of the nonrehabitable McCarthy.

Neither you nor Ms. Columbia College have ever been able to 'refudiate' it. Why? Because the statement is correct.

Frank, my facts come from the agents in the field.

You're full of crap and ignorant to boot

Want to wager 10K Frank? One of my old partners in the early 80s was a former FBI agent from that era.
You read books, I am in the intelligence business for 32 years Frank. I own a fully top tier licensed detective agency for 32 years.
NO intelligence organization wants information spread around in Washington in front of cameras.
That is just common sense Frank. Do we do that now? Have hearings about the intelligence we conduct on TV?
Only a naive gullible book buying ideologue believes that.
That would be you. Here's your sign.

Why do leftists persist in believing that "My proof is that I just KNOW! I can't refute your substantiation, and I can't provide any of my own, but I can say that I have life experience, and I WIN!!" actually works?

If your "proof from life experience" was worth the fetid air it takes you to spout it, you'd be able to produce something to back it up and contradict the mountains of actual, verifiable evidence supporting Frank. But you can't, because it isn't. It's just another loser on the Internet making empty claims. I'll bet you have a nine-inch penis, too. :lol:

:bsflag:

CeCelie1200, you have never been able to disprove the atmosphere of hatred and persecution of innocent folks by McCarthy and his minions. Now we have unconscionable reactionaries like you trying to rehabilitate the monster.

So I will fly your flag for you, because it represents what you post. :bsflag:

Jake, none of these Coulterians can answer:
Why was G. David Schine a "consultant" and asking most of witnesses questions behind closed doors?
They probably didn't even know this guy before I named him. He wasn't in bimbo's book.

You deflect.

And for the record, Schine WAS mentioned quite a bit in Ann Coulter's book. So I guess the only "bimbo" around here is Gadawg, who likes to bloviate about books he's never read, and thinks people on this board would take his word for the sky being blue, let alone believe that he was "in intelligence" and that his word for it constitutes unshakable proof. :cuckoo:

Horsecrap, you two. You have posted nothing of real content.

Can you refute: (1) The man was an alcoholic. (2) The man created at an atmosphere of unbalanced persecution of many Americans who were innocent of the charges. (3) The man was pulled down by his own party.

It is (3) you keep ignoring so that will be the one I will keep posting.

How is his alcoholism relevant?

Hell, if I'd been hounded the way McCarthy was just for trying to do my job and be a patriot, I'd probably drink, too. So the fuck what?

(2) has been refuted so profoundly throughout this thread that Jake has had to resort to tasering himself in the forehead repeatedly to keep from absorbing and remembering any of the facts.

(3) is like (1): it has fuck-all to do with the important question: WERE THERE COMMUNISTS IN THE STATE DEPARTMENT?!

Forum List

Back