Sen. Klobuchar says English should not be US national language

When the Mayflower arrived, St. Augustine Florida and Santa Fe New Mexico were already Spanish speaking cities. Why didn`t the Pilgrims learn the native language?

Agreed

A common language is one of the things that unites us

Democrats don’t want the country united. That’s why little Amy doesn’t support English as the official language anymore. They want more Spanish and Arabic speakers, because that is “cultured” and that old white European stuff needs to be replaced.
There is no reason for an "official" language in America. It is hauled out as an argument to make the xenophobes happy every so often. I agree that ballots should be in English, because in order to vote, you have to be a citizen, and the citizenship test requires a rudimentary understanding of English. What is on a ballot is primarily names. If there are referendum questions, voters are usually aware of (or can make themselves aware of) what they mean prior to going into the voting booth.

As long as legal and medical and financial services are provided to ALL in this country, though, their languages need to be available. If you were in a foreign country and were arrested and no one would speak English to you, where would you be?

Oh gawd, STFU. No, taxpayers are not going to be held responsible for providing translation services for every third world piece of trash trying to leech off us.
Yea.....Google Translate is so expensive

Then English as the official language it is. If you can’t speak it, Google Translate.
The government represents the people
Not all of whom speak English proficiently

I am all for English being the official language of the US and the sole language for all government offices.

A constitutional amendment about it is rather silly and a waste of time.
Agreed

Democrats don’t want the country united. That’s why little Amy doesn’t support English as the official language anymore. They want more Spanish and Arabic speakers, because that is “cultured” and that old white European stuff needs to be replaced.
There is no reason for an "official" language in America. It is hauled out as an argument to make the xenophobes happy every so often. I agree that ballots should be in English, because in order to vote, you have to be a citizen, and the citizenship test requires a rudimentary understanding of English. What is on a ballot is primarily names. If there are referendum questions, voters are usually aware of (or can make themselves aware of) what they mean prior to going into the voting booth.

As long as legal and medical and financial services are provided to ALL in this country, though, their languages need to be available. If you were in a foreign country and were arrested and no one would speak English to you, where would you be?

Oh gawd, STFU. No, taxpayers are not going to be held responsible for providing translation services for every third world piece of trash trying to leech off us.
I bet when the supreme court legalized homosexuality you predicted that someday liberals would claim there were dozens of sexes who must be allowed to pee in the girls bathroom

I am all for English being the official language of the US and the sole language for all government offices.

A constitutional amendment about it is rather silly and a waste of time.
Agreed

My question hurt, didn't it? You know I'm right.

No, I'm not going to shut up, whether you like it or not.

Your stupidity is an assault on anyone with intelligence.

Unfortunately we all know you won’t ever shut up. You’re an open borders advocate who hates America.

Yea.....Google Translate is so expensive

Then English as the official language it is. If you can’t speak it, Google Translate.
The government represents the people
Not all of whom speak English proficiently
And many of them are not even here legally

I’d happy to deport them in their own language

When the Mayflower arrived, St. Augustine Florida and Santa Fe New Mexico were already Spanish speaking cities. Why didn`t the Pilgrims learn the native language?

Smarter more powerful people get to make the rules...you should thank God that’s the case. Have you been to ANY Spanish speaking city, state or nation....they’re all human cockroach infested disgusting shitholes. Strange coincidence?

Because Pilgrims were not residents of these cities, dumb ass! There was ZERO need to learn Spanish.
I'm sure they didn't even know they existed.

Smarter more powerful people get to make the rules...you should thank God that’s the case. Have you been to ANY Spanish speaking city, state or nation....they’re all human cockroach infested disgusting shitholes. Strange coincidence?
I love my vacations in Spanish speaking Costa Rica where they`ve had universal healthcare since 1961. The shitholes are the countries run by rightwing dictators who we`ve been supporting for over a hundred years. Unfettered capitalism is what made them shitholes, not the Spanish language, dumbass.

I didn't say "FORCE" them.
I said they have no motivation to learn our common language, when there's no reason to.

If government and businesses would stick to one language in all of their communications, both printed, and verbal, all non-English speaking people would automatically be motivated to learn it !

Liberals hate unity, they want multiculturalism, they want an America made up of different groups who are alienated from one another.
If you want unity, language is the foundation, and the fact that you are against a one-language country screams that you are against unity !
Absolutely true. It's interesting to note that English is the official language of Nigeria and that's too high a bar for some of the leftist a-holes here in this thread, and for Amy Klobuchar, though that may be redundant.

There really is no reason (none at all) to oppose an English only declaration by the government except that it threatens the left's desire to Balknaize and split up the populace. And that threatens the liars that make up the left wing of the American political spectrum.
Without their many special interest groups under the democrat umbrella they would cease to exist. And wouldn't that be "terrible".

I love my vacations in Spanish speaking Costa Rica where they`ve had universal healthcare since 1961. The shitholes are the countries run by rightwing dictators who we`ve been supporting for over a hundred years. Unfettered capitalism is what made them shitholes, not the Spanish language, dumbass.
Boo for right wing shitholes! Hurray for Communist paradises like Venezuela, Cuba, China, North Korea and Vermont. Am I right, comrade? Hurray for the glorious worker's republics. Hurray for senor Sanders.

There is no reason for an "official" language in America. It is hauled out as an argument to make the xenophobes happy every so often.
You've already abandoned the high road by
calling others "xenophobes" which is a blanket condemnation for so many people you cannot possibly judge with any
insight you've lost the argument, and any respect there might have been for you though I doubt there is much of that.

I agree that ballots should be in English, because in order to vote, you have to be a citizen, and the citizenship test requires a rudimentary understanding of English
. What is on a ballot is primarily names. If there are referendum questions, voters are usually aware of (or can make themselves aware of) what they mean prior to going into the voting booth.
Well that's enlightened of you.
And I'm glad you admit that it's already taken for granted that English is the language of this nation.

Now if we could only declare what is manifestly already true, that English is indeed the de facto language of our nation,
we could stop spending billions of dollars per year to provide translating services for non English speakers.
Of course in a nation that is already trillions of dollars in debt what does saving a few billions matter to a high rolling fan of Balkanization like you?

Courts and hospitals would necessarily have to provide translators when necessary
but that should be the only provision in a nation that acknowledges English should be recognized as the language of the country to provide assistance to a non English speaker
for legal and medical reasons.

Last edited:
If we could just cut through the bullshit, the whiners here would admit that they are just bent out of shape because some automated phone messages say "press one for English" (although they almost never do).

Courts? That would be "government documents"! Oh noes!!!!!!!!
No it wouldn't, dumb fuck. Court room translators aren't nearly the same thing as reams of government manuals, announcements, publications, etc. being printed up in everything from Spanish to Farsi and Mandarin.

How have you lived so long being so fucking brainless?

Forum List

Back