Sen. Tom Harkin tells fellow Senators to go find a Mocking Bird

RandomVariable

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
Just happened to have the live video streaming from the Senate floor when Senator Harkin's voice caught my attention. The reason he caught my attention because it was one of those times when something really gets personal with someone who has been in Congress since 1975. Debo Adegbile failed to be confirmed for assistant attorney general for the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division. President Obama also stated disappointment in the vote. I encourage people to see Sen. Harkin's statement. I included the link and the time in the video.

Senate Floor Proceedings - Mar 5th, 2014
Time: 9:19:33

Debo Adegbile Vote Fails ? Obama Furious - Business Insider

I can't pull up your first link. But, I picked it up elsewhere.

These folks: Eight Senate Democrats joined Republicans in voting against Adegbile — Sens. Chris Coons (Del.), Bob Casey (Pa.), Mark Pryor (Ark.), Heidi Heitkamp (N.D.), Joe Manchin (W.V.), Joe Donnolly (Ind.), John Walsh (Mont.), and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (Nev.). Reid

clearly demonstrated that they care only for their next election and how it was spun on tv rather than taking care of business.

Again.

These folks: Eight Senate Democrats joined Republicans in voting against Adegbile — Sens. Chris Coons (Del.), Bob Casey (Pa.), Mark Pryor (Ark.), Heidi Heitkamp (N.D.), Joe Manchin (W.V.), Joe Donnolly (Ind.), John Walsh (Mont.), and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (Nev.). Reid

clearly demonstrated that they care only for their next election and how it was spun on tv rather than taking care of business.

Again.

It is most unfortunate when Senators will not do what they know is right because they feel they can not explain the decision to their constituents.

Links for Congressional videos and much more information:
Congress.gov | Library of Congress
House of Representatives Live Video: HouseLive.gov
U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Floor Webcast

Again.

It is most unfortunate when Senators will not do what they know is right because they feel they can not explain the decision to their constituents.

Confirming this asshole is not "right", clown...........

Again.

It's more than that. It makes their constituents look stupid for getting sucked into it in the first place.

Again.

Justify Roberts then.

Last edited:
Obama is going to nominate either Jihadist lawyer Lynn Stewart or Ft Hood shooter Nidal Hassan for the position

Justify Roberts then.

Justify Wesley Cook first.........

That's really awful that anyone would want an avid supporter of a convicted cop killer as the assistant attorney general for the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division.

It was great that the Dems broke the lock step attitude and voted for something that was right for a change.

That's really awful that anyone would want an avid supporter of a convicted cop killer as the assistant attorney general for the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division.

It was great that the Dems broke the lock step attitude and voted for something that was right for a change.

ObamaCare Dems don't need anymore headaches in their reelection campaign

ObamaCare Dems don't need anymore headaches in their reelection campaign

Yep! :D

Justify Wesley Cook first.........

I'll take that as a no, you can't. You don't know how. Thanks.

Roberts is a clown that saved your beloved healthcare train wreck, fuck him.

I'll take your response as a no as well, you support what he did, but you just don't want to talk about it. Thanks......

You still can't answer. Let me help you out a little since you have no clue how the system works and need someone on the tv to tell you what to think.

You have been sentenced to death. The case is never retried even though it automatically goes to appeals. Your innocence or guilt is not the issue. Appeals are about procedure.

How do you NOT know this?

None of it anywhere even remotely suggests that Debo Adegbile or any one else likes cop killers. Get back to me when you figure out how to justify Roberts.

Last edited:
I'll take that as a no, you can't. You don't know how. Thanks.

Roberts is a clown that saved your beloved healthcare train wreck, fuck him.

I'll take your response as a no as well, you support what he did, but you just don't want to talk about it. Thanks......

You still can't answer. Let me help you out a little since you have no clue how the system works and need someone on the tv to tell you what to think.

You have been sentenced to death. The case is never retried even though it automatically goes to appeals. Your innocence or guilt is not the issue. Appeals are about procedure.

How do you NOT know this?

None of it anywhere even remotely suggests that Debo Adegbile or any one else likes cop killers. Get back to me when you figure out how to justify Roberts.

Poor cop killer supporter and apologists, their best defense is tangent deflection. Get back to me when you figure out why this asshole deserved confirmation......

He wasn't an avid supporter. That is a lie.

Yes he is.
When you keep losing and continue to fight it, that's an avid supporter.

During Adegbile’s leadership, the NAACP volunteered its services to represent Mumia Abu-Jamal, a member of the Black Panthers, who murdered Philadelphia Police Officer Daniel Faulkner three decades ago.

Abu-Jamal was sentenced to death by the Pennsylvania jury that had convicted him in 1982 while Mumia’s supporters—including Debo Adegbile—have long claimed that he was the victim of a racist legal system. This is what they always claim, there was no proof of it.

“Despite Abu-Jamal losing multiple appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court has twice refused to hear his case, under the leadership of Adegbile in 2012, the NAACP’s Legal Defense and Education Fund represented Abu-Jamal in his latest appeal to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. The cop murderer lost that one too, but the fact remains that Adegbile continues fighting on his behalf,” according to Judicial Watch.

Again.

Only seven. Harry Reid did his damndest to get the guy confirmed. It must be a double embarrassment to the administration when a democrat senator from the V.P.'s home state voted against the confirmation when the V.P. was ready to break a tie in favor of the appointment.

It's disgraceful that the president would even nominate someone like this and that only seven Democratic Senators voted against the nomination.

Tells you everything you need to know about this president and his party.

Forum List

Back