Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Senate leaders announce 2-year budget deal

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Senate leaders announce two-year budget pact

Maybe a real deal....this is bigger than the Dreamers...Everybody gets something here..and everybody loses something..no DACA...and no Wall--works for me:

"The Senate's top Republican says there's Senate agreement on a two-year, almost $400 billion budget deal that would provide Pentagon and domestic programs with huge spending increases.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced the pact, joined on the Senate floor by top Senate Democrat Chuck Schumer of New York. It would contain almost $300 billion over current limits on defense and domestic accounts.
McConnell said the measure would rewrite existing defense limits that have "hamstrung our armed forces and jeopardized our national security."
The measure, aides said, also contains almost $90 billion in overdue disaster aid and an increase in the government borrowing cap that would prevent a first-ever U.S. government default on its obligations."

Now it's up to the House..where the extremists on both sides are balking:

"Chances of a repeat of last month's shutdown had appeared to be fading as prospects of a budget pact grew, but Pelosi's opposition could throw a monkey wrench into the plan. And the problem wasn't just with Democrats.
On the right, Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., leader of the hard-line House Freedom Caucus, also said he opposes the emerging bipartisan deal, which could be unveiled Wednesday.
"I'm afraid the numbers will get so high and the debt ceiling will be added and it will be a Christmas tree of spending — that a lot of votes will be bought," he said on MSNBC. Meadows' group backs big defense increases but opposes boosting domestic spending.
The deal had been picking up steam even as the president appeared to be readying for a standoff.
"I'd love to see a shutdown if we can't get this stuff taken care of," Trump declared Tuesday.
Trump's comments were strikingly disconnected from the apparent progress on Capitol Hill, where the House passed a short-term spending measure Tuesday night and Senate leaders were closing in on the larger, long-term pact. The broader agreement would award whopping spending increases to both the Pentagon and domestic federal programs, as well as approve overdue disaster relief money and, perhaps, crucial legislation to increase the government's borrowing limit and avoid possible default."

So this is what compromise looks like...no wall...no DACA--and everyone gets a present under the tree.
I like it.

So this is what compromise looks like...no wall...no DACA--and everyone gets a present under the tree.
I like it.
Personally, i think the wall is needless but we both know the dem or repub party wont cut off incentive for illegals. They both want them here.

So what happens with DACA? Not surprising to me, it seems to me Democrats are more driven to make sure the wall isn't built than helping DACA.

This will be a very interesting battle if Trump is serious about the wall. His supporters demand it and Democratic supporters demand DACA be achieved. Who loses more? If no wall is in place, America is going to be hammered on the Southern border because the worst of the worst there will realize "I better get over there quick before they build this wall!"

Last edited:
So what happens with DACA? Not surprising to me, it seems to me Democrats are more driven to make sure the wall isn't built than helping DACA.

This will be a very interesting battle if Trump is serious about the wall. His supporters demand it and Democratic supporters demand DACA be achieved. Who loses more? If no wall is in place, America is going to be hammered o the Southern border because the worst of the worst there will realize "I better get over there quick before they build this wall!"
Speaking purely as a cynic: the Dreamers get sent to wherever their parents came from, the Republicans in Congress get sent to whatever WHITES ONLY homeland the Alt-R demands, and Trump gets sent to Russia.

This will be a very interesting battle if Trump is serious about the wall. His supporters demand it and Democratic supporters demand DACA be achieved. Who loses more? If no wall is in place, America is going to be hammered o the Southern border because the worst of the worst there will realize "I better get over there quick before they build this wall!"
Speaking purely as a cynic: the Dreamers get sent to wherever their parents came from, the Republicans in Congress get sent to whatever WHITES ONLY homeland the Alt-R demands, and Trump gets sent to Russia.
what irrational looks like

Don't we need to be attacked first like the Twin Towers? or like Pearl Harbor?

Republicans whined about debt for eight years

Elect Republicans and we will balance the budget and return to fiscal sanity

Since gaining control, Republicans have not done a single thing to try to control the deficit

Where is the Tea Party now that Republicans are calling the shots?

Right here, I think:

"On the right, Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., leader of the hard-line House Freedom Caucus, also said he opposes the emerging bipartisan deal, which could be unveiled Wednesday.
"I'm afraid the numbers will get so high and the debt ceiling will be added and it will be a Christmas tree of spending — that a lot of votes will be bought," he said on MSNBC. Meadows' group backs big defense increases but opposes boosting domestic spending."

Right here, I think:

"On the right, Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., leader of the hard-line House Freedom Caucus, also said he opposes the emerging bipartisan deal, which could be unveiled Wednesday.
"I'm afraid the numbers will get so high and the debt ceiling will be added and it will be a Christmas tree of spending — that a lot of votes will be bought," he said on MSNBC. Meadows' group backs big defense increases but opposes boosting domestic spending."

When Obama was President, The Tea Party marched on Washington when he added $850 billion to the deficit to try to stop a Depression

Republicans just added $1.5 trillion to the deficit and gave it to billionaires

Not a peep out of the Tea Party

Meadows' group backs big defense increases but opposes boosting domestic spending."

Sounds about right. I think Trump is in agreement.

We need a wall, between the US government and the treasury. And they have access to NASA launch capability so you can imagine how high this wall has to be.

yes, the military needs MORE nuclear submarines to fight off sheepherders in the Afghani mountains......

Forum List

Back