Senate leaders reach tentative budget deal, aide says

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville

Senate negotiators have reached a tentative deal to end the partial government shutdown and raise the debt ceiling, a Senate aide told Fox News, as leaders prepared to brief their members on the emerging plan.

The framework on the Senate side would raise the debt ceiling through Feb. 7, and include a spending bill meant to last through Jan. 15. The plan would not include any provision relating to the ObamaCare medical device tax, as prior plans did; instead it would include a single provision meant to verify the income of those receiving ObamaCare subsidies. It would also instruct a bipartisan budget committee to report back on a broader plan by mid-December.

The House could be preparing to move the measure quickly, with a Thursday deadline to raise the debt ceiling looming.

Senate leaders reach tentative budget deal, aide says | Fox News

Guess the drama is over.

Income verification is sensible.

Let's hope JB is sensible and orders an up and down vote.

There hasn't been a "budget" in five years, and this is also not a budget.

You people on the left are fine with it too, because you are nothing but partisan hacks. If you had any brains at all you would be demanding that the government create and pass an actual budget, like the constitution calls for.

There hasn't been a "budget" in five years, and this is also not a budget.

You people on the left are fine with it too, because you are nothing but partisan hacks. If you had any brains at all you would be demanding that the government create and pass an actual budget, like the constitution calls for.

I agree with you (I'm on the left). We need a budget and we need to shut down the government if there is no budget...one that pays all of the obligations each year. No budget, no government. And I mean NO GOVERNMENT outside of the peacekeepers. I'm talking about shutting down the schools in DC, the FAA, SSA, NTSB, everything. Real pain being caused by YOUR Congressperson means YOUR Congressperson loses her job. So guess what; no "real" pain causing impasse will be an option.

I am kind of against an "actual budget" myself considering that a budget is just a one spending year bill.

Better to have budget debates every six weeks in order to increase the likelyhood of reducing spending. Hey--I think that is the best option going for the Republicans if they don't reach for too much at one time(like they did with Obamacare!! Come on--you knew the Dems wasn't going to defund it, so why try for it?)

GOP will cave again and give obozo all the debt he wants so he can hand out more welfare and buy more votes from the deadbeats.

LOL...Harry Reid took out the delay on the medical device tax just to smite House Republicans, that's hilarious!

Senate negotiators have reached a tentative deal to end the partial government shutdown and raise the debt ceiling, a Senate aide told Fox News, as leaders prepared to brief their members on the emerging plan.

The framework on the Senate side would raise the debt ceiling through Feb. 7, and include a spending bill meant to last through Jan. 15. The plan would not include any provision relating to the ObamaCare medical device tax, as prior plans did; instead it would include a single provision meant to verify the income of those receiving ObamaCare subsidies. It would also instruct a bipartisan budget committee to report back on a broader plan by mid-December.

The House could be preparing to move the measure quickly, with a Thursday deadline to raise the debt ceiling looming.

Senate leaders reach tentative budget deal, aide says | Fox News

Guess the drama is over.

the PIMP and the TURTLE are pleased as punch.

Forum List

Back