Senator Ashly Judd

Ashley Judd's big problem is that the decision will be made by voters in Kentucky, not the voters in Hollywood.

I would'nt count out the "Big Blue Nation", who absolutely love her. For those non sport followers, I am referring to UK basketball fans.

McConnell has been a failure politically

He may even face a challenge in the GOP primary

If McConnell keeps the gaffes to a minimum, he should win easily. This is Kensucky we're talking about.

What has McConnell acomplished?

Stopped Obamacare= Fail
Repealed Obamacare= Fail
Blocked Gay rights= Fail
Made Obama a one term president= Fail
Won the Senate for republicans= Fail
Preserved tax breaks for billionaires= Fail

Why should Teapublicans support him?

:lmao:

no really

How Ashley Judd could beat Mitch McConnell in 2014 - Yahoo! News

Kentucky and national Democrats say Judd has decided to throw her hat in the ring. Here, three things she should keep in mind

It's semi-official, says Howard Fineman at The Huffington Post: "Ashley Judd, the 44-year-old actress and social activist, has told key advisers and political figures that she is planning to announce her candidacy for U.S. Senate here this spring," around the time of the Kentucky Derby. Judd "offered a not-quite-ironclad denial," but Republicans are already running against her, and assuming these sources are right, Kentucky's 2014 Senate race is about to get unusually interesting.

:cuckoo:

2. Don't be a stranger — or a carpetbagger
Judd will also have to "work overtime to convince voters she has not lost touch with her Kentucky roots," says Lauren Fox at U.S. News. That means moving back to the state where she was raised and attended college, ASAP :eusa_hand:

On the bright side, Congress has wall-wall red carpet.

wasn't she convicted of stealing? she'll fit right in

If McConnell keeps the gaffes to a minimum, he should win easily. This is Kensucky we're talking about.

What has McConnell acomplished?

Stopped Obamacare= Fail
Repealed Obamacare= Fail
Blocked Gay rights= Fail
Made Obama a one term president= Fail
Won the Senate for republicans= Fail
Preserved tax breaks for billionaires= Fail

Why should Teapublicans support him?

As Minority Leader, he can bring home more bacon than some newly minted inexperienced junior Senator. Kentucky receives a lot more federal dollars than they send to DC, thanks to "fiscally conservative" McConnell. And his ads make sure you don't forget it.

Last edited:
It will be a tough campaign

mcconnel_turtle_625.jpg

Since you want to focus on irrelevancy, McConnell looks like a turtle and Judd's emotionally "fragile".

Ashley Judd Keeps a ?Psychological Support? Dog to Help Deal With Her Depression - ABC News

If she can't do an interview with ABC without her dog, will she be able to engage in a Senate debate or will she have to be accompanied by her pooch?

Live by irrelevancy, die by irrelevancy.

Agree, I'd like to see McConnell gone, but Judd is too radical to defeat him, in my opinion. The Dems need someone more to the center.

I remember you all laughing about Elizabeth Warren as well. :eusa_whistle:

She hit the ground running.

Ashley Judd might just put that particular old man out to pasture and it couldn't be too soon.

Kentucky is not Massachusetts.

I admit it is unfair at times, but I am wary of celebrities who get into politics. Before Elizabeth Warren ran I had seen numerous documentaries with her discussing numerous issues. Therefore I felt she had the knowledge and experience others may not. On the other hand, all I know about Ashley Judd is her acting career, and I must say even her acting has always been fairly mediocre in my opinion. Based on my limited knowledge of Ashley Judd I could see where voters may be wary. I felt the same way about Al Franken. I loved his comedy, but was unsure how well he would do in the Senate.

Ashley will do just fine. I am more concerned about her cheeks, I hope they are better now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og0ipq6idfY]American Crossroads Presents Ashley's Story - YouTube[/ame]

and then there are the topless shots she has done -- hard to say the effect they will have but they will be relevant as well and i doubt they will do her much good. I think it will be very tough for her. Very tough

no really

Kentucky and national Democrats say Judd has decided to throw her hat in the ring. Here, three things she should keep in mind

It's semi-official, says Howard Fineman at The Huffington Post: "Ashley Judd, the 44-year-old actress and social activist, has told key advisers and political figures that she is planning to announce her candidacy for U.S. Senate here this spring," around the time of the Kentucky Derby. Judd "offered a not-quite-ironclad denial," but Republicans are already running against her, and assuming these sources are right, Kentucky's 2014 Senate race is about to get unusually interesting.

Judd will also have to "work overtime to convince voters she has not lost touch with her Kentucky roots," says Lauren Fox at U.S. News. That means moving back to the state where she was raised and attended college, ASAP :eusa_hand:

Ashley Judd might just put that particular old man out to pasture and it couldn't be too soon.
You do?

I don't recall being that interested

no really

You do?

You don't recall? I can remember plenty of threads started where the only line of attack for Republicans was calling Warren a fake Native American. There was no substance to the arguments. Just cheap personal attacks. Republicans may as well have handed Elizabeth Warren her Senate seat.

You do?

You don't recall? I can remember plenty of threads started where the only line of attack for Republicans was calling Warren a fake Native American. There was no substance to the arguments. Just cheap personal attacks. Republicans may as well have handed Elizabeth Warren her Senate seat.

You don't think there is substance to the attack that Warren was pretending to be a native american to get preferential treatment?

Any hopes of knocking Mitch McConnell out of the primaries, or of Ashley Judd defeating him went out the window when McConnell joined in with Sen. Rand Paul on the big filibuster. It was a brilliant move on McConnell's part, especially since he went against establishment RINO Republicans like John McCain and Lindsay Gramnesty. While dining with Obama, the establishment Republicans were hating on Rand Paul and the others who were part of the filibuster. McConnell pretty much guarenteed he will get re-elected with this move. Very smart move to say the least!!

I'm still laughing at Elizabeth Warren, Ashley Judd might do well as a Senator, I don't agree with her politics, but I believe she is smart, and competent, unlike Warren, who I consider a partisan nut.

They're both very intelligent, their opposition tho? Not really that smart.

Republicans even want to get rid of McConnell and Brown was scared to be on the same stage in a debate with Warren.

Warren couldn't win in any other state then Mass., she lied her ass off to get elected. She is a con artist. Judd is plenty smart, she could win in many state and comes off as sincere.

No comparison.

Forum List

Back