Senator Ashly Judd

The right is not going to make the same mistake with Judd they did when Al Franken ran for and won the Senate seat in Minnesota they didn't really go after Franken and his pretty far left views and he got to ride his celebrity status to the victory. They are going after Judd early and often to define her and get that impression set in the public's mind not unlike what the Obama campaign did to Romney when it became clear he was going to be the Republican nominee.

McConnell has been a failure politically

He may even face a challenge in the GOP primary

If McConnell keeps the gaffes to a minimum, he should win easily. This is Kensucky we're talking about.

What has McConnell acomplished?

Stopped Obamacare= Fail
Repealed Obamacare= Fail
Blocked Gay rights= Fail
Made Obama a one term president= Fail
Won the Senate for republicans= Fail
Preserved tax breaks for billionaires= Fail

Why should Teapublicans support him?

How sympathetic do you believe Ms. Judd would be to the TEA Party? Pretty safe to say that if Ashley Judd wants to run, she'll get the democratic nomination so it's the GOP v. Judd.

Then again, the TEA party's goals and that of the Republican party are not one in the same.

You may be on to something. Given the smarmy constituency the idea of serving under Ashley Judd may appeal to 'dem Kensuckyians.

:lmao:

no really

How Ashley Judd could beat Mitch McConnell in 2014 - Yahoo! News

Kentucky and national Democrats say Judd has decided to throw her hat in the ring. Here, three things she should keep in mind

It's semi-official, says Howard Fineman at The Huffington Post: "Ashley Judd, the 44-year-old actress and social activist, has told key advisers and political figures that she is planning to announce her candidacy for U.S. Senate here this spring," around the time of the Kentucky Derby. Judd "offered a not-quite-ironclad denial," but Republicans are already running against her, and assuming these sources are right, Kentucky's 2014 Senate race is about to get unusually interesting.

:cuckoo:

2. Don't be a stranger — or a carpetbagger
Judd will also have to "work overtime to convince voters she has not lost touch with her Kentucky roots," says Lauren Fox at U.S. News. That means moving back to the state where she was raised and attended college, ASAP :eusa_hand:

On the bright side, Congress has wall-wall red carpet.

I remember you all laughing about Elizabeth Warren as well. :eusa_whistle:

She hit the ground running.

Ashley Judd might just put that particular old man out to pasture and it couldn't be too soon.

Massachusetts is a deep blue state. Kentucky is a deep red state where Romney just crushed Obama. Judd has zero chance, thankfully.

who would ya really rather go out and have a beer with? Ashley judd or mitch mcconnell?

$aj.jpg

:lmao:

no really

How Ashley Judd could beat Mitch McConnell in 2014 - Yahoo! News

Kentucky and national Democrats say Judd has decided to throw her hat in the ring. Here, three things she should keep in mind

It's semi-official, says Howard Fineman at The Huffington Post: "Ashley Judd, the 44-year-old actress and social activist, has told key advisers and political figures that she is planning to announce her candidacy for U.S. Senate here this spring," around the time of the Kentucky Derby. Judd "offered a not-quite-ironclad denial," but Republicans are already running against her, and assuming these sources are right, Kentucky's 2014 Senate race is about to get unusually interesting.

:cuckoo:

2. Don't be a stranger — or a carpetbagger
Judd will also have to "work overtime to convince voters she has not lost touch with her Kentucky roots," says Lauren Fox at U.S. News. That means moving back to the state where she was raised and attended college, ASAP :eusa_hand:

On the bright side, Congress has wall-wall red carpet.

not to mention wall-to-wall shit-for-brains senators...

Anything to get rid of the pasty faced bought off mumbling douchebag disaster McConnell-

Do you have anything to say about the likely outcome of the election other than mindless, predictable, hyper-partisan nonsense? Anything? Anything at all?

I admit it is unfair at times, but I am wary of celebrities who get into politics. Before Elizabeth Warren ran I had seen numerous documentaries with her discussing numerous issues. Therefore I felt she had the knowledge and experience others may not. On the other hand, all I know about Ashley Judd is her acting career, and I must say even her acting has always been fairly mediocre in my opinion. Based on my limited knowledge of Ashley Judd I could see where voters may be wary. I felt the same way about Al Franken. I loved his comedy, but was unsure how well he would do in the Senate.

I think a person's celebrity can either be a boon or a hinderance, but determining which it will be may be impossible. Before they were elected, I wonder how many people would have laughed at the idea of Franken, or Schwartzenegger, or Reagan getting into office? Jesse Ventura? Jack Kemp? Steve Largent?

There's actually a pretty large list of celebrities who have gone into politics. At more of a local level I think it's probably almost always a positive for them, but when we're talking state wide or national elections, I wonder.

She can win. Some Pub dupes are starting to get that Pubs are just mindless obstructionists, fear mongerers, and propagandists who only care about the greedy rich and power to steal.. see sig. Now stfu Pubtroll lol- I've never seen you say anything interesting or relevant, just a bitter tutoring failure...end.

Last edited:
I knew you couldn't say anything that wasn't mindless, hyper-partisan nonsense. Why do you bother? Every post you make is the same predictable nonsense. Doesn't that get boring for you after a while?

Could be a good race to watch.......

A graduate of the University of Kentucky, where Judd can often be seen in the stands during basketball games, she also earned a master's degree from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government, and has become an international activist on women's issues and AIDS prevention.
Celebrities And The Senate: Would Ashley Judd Stand A Chance? : It's All Politics : NPR

She clearly has the intelligence to make a good Senator. But Kentucky is a hard core Red State.

You forgot a couple of words in you last paragraph, let me fix that for you.

She clearly has the lack of intelligence to make a good Senator. But Kentucky is a hard core Red State.

Now that that is fixed I have to agree with you 100%, and there is no way anyone who opposes coal mining will win in Kentucky, but she does have other things going for her.

Here is what she thinks of people who own iPads.

AppIe is known for the clean lines of their products, the alluring simplicity of their designs. Dare I….go so far….as to suggest…this signature cleanness is stained by the shit and urine of raped women’s leaking fistulas?

Costs of Convenience | The Official Website of Ashley Judd

Gotta love that, she should fit right in with those legitimate rape people.

Al Franken went to Harvard for Poli-sci, Judd to its JFK School of Government, hardly just celebrities. Intelligent PEOPLE, thus not GOP ideological idiots at this point. Kemp was the last good Pub, AND a champion Buffalo Bill. AFL! AFL! lol

A graduate of the University of Kentucky, where Judd can often be seen in the stands during basketball games, she also earned a master's degree from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government, and has become an international activist on women's issues and AIDS prevention.
Celebrities And The Senate: Would Ashley Judd Stand A Chance? : It's All Politics : NPR

She clearly has the intelligence to make a good Senator. But Kentucky is a hard core Red State.

Interesting

She has more qualifications than eye doctor Rand Paul

A masters degree is better than a doctorate?

She may receive a little over 50 percent in louisville and lexington but she'll be landslided.
That explains why the Democrats are throwing their weight behind somebody else.

LEO Weekly has learned from multiple Democratic sources that the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee is now applying the brakes to their once all-in support of Ashley Judd as the challenger of choice against Sen. Mitch McConnell in 2014. While not ready to abandon Judd, they are now taking a serious second look at recruiting Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes.
The change of heart came after a recent poll the DSCC conducted, but not because it showed Judd was incapable of competing with McConnell, rather that Grimes performed better than Judd and gave Democrats the best chance at victory.

DSCC re-evaluating Judd, taking second look at Grimes ? FatLip

Interesting

She has more qualifications than eye doctor Rand Paul

A masters degree is better than a doctorate?
A master's in government means alot more than an MD in POLITICS. See all the GOP doctors, engineers, businessmen, and accountants. Fine people but easily brainwashed political ignorami.

Wow, look at that. More empty, partisan nonsense. What a contribution!

Forum List

Back