🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Senator Ravenous Rand Paul awarded over $580G after he was attacked by Kentucky neighbor last year

Rand Paul awarded $580K in damages after attack by neighbor

this was an assassination attempt, folks.

ok it wasnt. but i had to say SOMETHING!
I’m glad he won. But it sounded more like he was attacking Rand Paul the neighbor. Not Rand Paul the Senator. Sounds like the guy got charged “extra” just because Paul is a Senator. I’m against granting “special status” to public servants...
i think you're an idiot. not you as a human being but you as a law expert

I’m glad he won. But it sounded more like he was attacking Rand Paul the neighbor. Not Rand Paul the Senator. Sounds like the guy got charged “extra” just because Paul is a Senator. I’m against granting “special status” to public servants...
Your post is unbelievable. Literally. You blew it in the first two words...

did i just own you? because that was too easy!

MowinHatin.jpg

did i just own you? because that was too easy!
No. That’s why you thought it was easy...

After the hearing, Paul tweeted that the result of the hearing was about sending “a clear message that violence is not the answer.”

“This lawsuit wasn’t about me. It was about all of us and what we find acceptable as a society. We need to send a clear message that violence is not the answer - anytime, anywhere,” he wrote.

“We can hold different views, whether it’s politics, religion or day to day matters. It’s never ok to turn those disagreements into violent, aggressive anger. I hope that’s the message from today.”

Rand Paul is one of the few Senators I have any respect for.
1044.jpg

After the hearing, Paul tweeted that the result of the hearing was about sending “a clear message that violence is not the answer.”

“This lawsuit wasn’t about me. It was about all of us and what we find acceptable as a society. We need to send a clear message that violence is not the answer - anytime, anywhere,” he wrote.

“We can hold different views, whether it’s politics, religion or day to day matters. It’s never ok to turn those disagreements into violent, aggressive anger. I hope that’s the message from today.”

View attachment 243128
I like Paul a lot. But he’s wrong. Sometimes violence IS the answer...

You do know he had to have surgery due to the attack, right?
I think anyone physically attacking a govt official should have to pay dearly as a warning to other would-be-attackers.

I think anyone physically attacking a govt official should have to pay dearly as a warning to other would-be-attackers.

Only if they are on duty for the govt. this was at his home.

I think it’s circumstantial. Their beef from what I read was personal. So it doesn’t really rise to the level of attacking a senator... at least for me. It reminds me of an incident at the club where I was bouncing when two drunk patrons started slugging it out over some broad. Turns out the guy who got quite handily, and embarrassingly manhandled, and knocked out cold; ended up being an off duty cop. The local PD actually charged the guy who won with battery on a LEO, and a raft of other serious charges.
The bar owner, and multiple witnesses, (myself included), along with the CCTV recordings exhonorated the man; but I’m certain it cost him a fortune to defend himself anyway. So “no”. I don’t think people should have special protections under the law. Just because of their career choice. That whole “all men are created equal” thing, we’re all supposed to pretend to believe in. Until suddenly we don’t...

Moral to this story is if anyone injures you due to another's purposeful actions, and they are a person of means, get a good attorney and civilly sue the crap out of them. The injury could be as minor as a broken nose.
You don't have to be a Senator to do this.

View attachment 243128
Sometimes violence is the answer? Good thing his kids didn't wear MAGA hats.

View attachment 243128
Sometimes violence is the answer? Good thing his kids didn't wear MAGA hats.
Probably not in this dispute between the two neighbors; but yeah... Sometimes violence is the answer.

Forum List

Back