Senator Will Introduce Measure To Dismiss Impeachment Articles

Exclusive: Unredacted Ukraine Documents Reveal Extent of Pentagon’s Legal Concerns
Exclusive: Unredacted Ukraine Documents Reveal Extent of Pentagon’s Legal Concerns
Just security dot org.

Lord you are right wingers left nipple.
Are you disputing the existence of the e-mails or what they say? No, you're not. Brainwashed dopes just dismiss sources they can't refute.

This isn't the BOMBSHELL you are trying to make it into.

Nobody has disputed Trump delayed the aid, Sport. So why do you think this is new news?

I don't know if the Senate Repubs will pass a motion to dismiss the impeachment charges for lack of prosecution, but they might amend their rules to require a timely submission and THEN vote to dismiss. It's all about optics, the Senate does not want to look as partisan as the House did.

I don't know if the Senate Repubs will pass a motion to dismiss the impeachment charges for lack of prosecution, but they might amend their rules to require a timely submission and THEN vote to dismiss. It's all about optics, the Senate does not want to look as partisan as the House did.
Too late. The optics of the Senate have already been painted. That ship sailed when Mitch announced close coordination in lockstep(or should I have said goosestep) with Trump's defense team.

Too late. The optics of the Senate have already been painted. That ship sailed when Mitch announced close coordination in lockstep(or should I have said goosestep) with Trump's defense team.
Dimiwingers coordinated with Clinton during his impeachment trial.

Oops!

Oops!
Like it or not, the impact of current optics fade in time. This is why people and Americans in particular are thought of as having short memories, and repeating old mistakes. Nobody will care about statements that Dem were not fair minded 25 years ago. Today's optics are today's optics. I don't make the rules.

Oops!
Like it or not, the impact of current optics fade in time. This is why people and Americans in particular are thought of as having short memories, and repeating old mistakes. Nobody will care about statements that Dem were not fair minded 25 years ago. Today's optics are today's optics. I don't make the rules.
Dimwingers will conveniently try to ignore their massive hypocrisy. They are having their memories refreshed.

Nice try.

Oops!

It's always different when it's your side's hypocrisy, isn't it? The biased and highly partisan way the Dems have gone about this witch-hunt against Trump since day 1 has not gone unnoticed by the voters, especially the ones in swing states and districts. There's still a lot of time and things can change, but IMHO if the election was today your side would be losing their asses.

Oops!

It's always different when it's your side's hypocrisy, isn't it? The biased and highly partisan way the Dems have gone about this witch-hunt against Trump since day 1 has not gone unnoticed by the voters, especially the ones in swing states and districts. There's still a lot of time and things can change, but IMHO if the election was today your side would be losing their asses.
Makes me glad do not have an adopted political party. I vote as I evaluate the candidates. If they suck. I vote for the one that sucks less or the third party, knowing they don't have a prayer of winning. I will not support the party flag of either of the two screwed up parties running the show right now.

Ah yes the pretend optics of the Third Riech impeachment trial run by Herr Schiff and Herr Nadler. Where only specific people may testify, only specific questions may be asked and only by specific people.

How dare the Senate even suggest that it will not consider talking with the White House. The Senate should recognize that the House is in charge of who how and why things are done in the Senate. Pelosi should be at the head and McConnell must be relegated to one of the yes men to her.

The problem is the house felt that for 21/2 years Trump was such a clear and present danger to the democratic agenda that they needed to impeach him. They finally have done so in a hope that their current candidates will be made more paliatable.

Ah yes the pretend optics of the Third Riech impeachment trial run by Herr Schiff and Herr Nadler. Where only specific people may testify, only specific questions may be asked and only by specific people.

How dare the Senate even suggest that it will not consider talking with the White House. The Senate should recognize that the House is in charge of who how and why things are done in the Senate. Pelosi should be at the head and McConnell must be relegated to one of the yes men to her.

The problem is the house felt that for 21/2 years Trump was such a clear and present danger to the democratic agenda that they needed to impeach him. They finally have done so in a hope that their current candidates will be made more paliatable.

Third Riech, my butt. You extremists slay me.

Keep laughing. What do you call it when you use hearsay, don't allow people to ask questions of witnesses, and read fake transcripts as if real?
If you try to claim that his reading of the transcript was comedy as he claimed when caught then obviously Schiff did not take his own impeachment seriously so why should anyone else?

Keep laughing. What do you call it when you use hearsay, don't allow people to ask questions of witnesses, and read fake transcripts as if real?
If you try to claim that his reading of the transcript was comedy as he claimed when caught then obviously Schiff did not take his own impeachment seriously so why should anyone else?

Get a grip. Everybody had a copy of the memo (not transcript) of the original call most likely in a folder before them. Hell, I got one saved to my computer and bet you do also. How much effect do you think his over-dramatized characterization had? I llike the witnesses that actually witnessed something. Now the Senate trial is coming up. The Senate will call witness to exonerate Trump (as he says he wants) in no time, don't you think?

Get a grip. Everybody had a copy of the memo (not transcript) of the original call most likely in a folder before them. Hell, I got one saved to my computer and bet you do also. How much effect do you think his over-dramatized characterization had? I llike the witnesses that actually witnessed something. Now the Senate trial is coming up. The Senate will call witness to exonerate Trump (as he says he wants) in no time, don't you think?
Lol so you agree that Schiff did not take the house impeachment seriously. Yet you are arguing for things to be taken seriously. Isn't it hard on you to flip flop like that?
Myself I found the whole thing an attempt to make the democratic candidates look better.
Why should they do anything but immediately dismiss the whole thing out of hand? They claimed it started over quid pro quo then found their base could not understand that so went to bribery. They finally settled on abuse of office which they did not even come close to proving.
They claimed obstruction over executive privilege. The Supreme Court has already ruled on executive privilege and found that the president and his people must be allowed to speak freely among themselves without fear of reprisal.

Lol so you agree that Schiff did not take the house impeachment seriously. Yet you are arguing for things to be taken seriously. Isn't it hard on you to flip flop like that?
Myself I found the whole thing an attempt to make the democratic candidates look better.
Why should they do anything but immediately dismiss the whole thing out of hand? They claimed it started over quid pro quo then found their base could not understand that so went to bribery. They finally settled on abuse of office which they did not even come close to proving.
They claimed obstruction over executive privilege. The Supreme Court has already ruled on executive privilege and found that the president and his people must be allowed to speak freely among themselves without fear of reprisal.
Hell, don't take me serious "Maxdeath". I'm supposed to take you serious with a comic book character icon and screen name. Who you kidding, kid. That's me on the mountain top. What you see is what you get. Take it or leave it. I don't know you.

Given where the bar has been set by the House, in this fiasco, I don't think the Senate is in much danger of making itself look bad.

If the House continues to openly drag its feet on passing the Impeachment to the Senate, the Senate will easily be able to justify to the American public, simply dismissing on that basis, and moving on. Given the shameful misconduct of Congresscriminal Pelosi, and her minions, any objection that they try to raise will only make them look worse.

Hell, don't take me serious "Maxdeath". I'm supposed to take you serious with a comic book character icon and screen name. Who you kidding, kid. That's me on the mountain top. What you see is what you get. Take it or leave it. I don't know you.
Oh so now it is attack me? Well good on you. Most children resort to things like that.
Funny thing is if the Dems can't actually take their own impeachment serious why should the repubicans? Besides almost everyone sees it for the partisan bull that it was. Notice not one independent nor republican voted for it. In fact they could not even get all of the dem party to vote for it.
And now the democrats are attempting to tell the republicans how they will run their part, who they will call as witnesses. Surprised they don't hand out scripts and how to vote.

If the senate decides to have a trial they can call anyone. In fact they should call the whistleblower since we need to hear exactly what they heard and have first hand knowledge of. They should call Pelosi since according to her they have been trying to impeach Trump for 21/2 years we need to hear what he did to warrant an impeachment at that point and why she waited so long. We need to call Maxine Watters and all the rest to find out why they felt he needed to be impeached when they first started talking about it. We even need to find out why the Democrates felt that they needed to impeach him to keep him from winning again.

If I were a democrat I would be very afraid that most of the house would be called and knowing that things that need to be hidden might come out.

Washington Examiner ^ | January 2, 2020 | by Susan Ferrechio

A Republican senator announced he’ll introduce a measure to dismiss “this bogus impeachment” of President Trump.

Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri criticized House Democrats for voting to impeach Trump last month but then failing to send the two impeachment articles to the Senate.

“Now they don’t want to have a trial, because they have no evidence,” Hawley tweeted. “In real world, if prosecution doesn’t proceed with case, it gets dismissed. So on Monday, I will introduce measure to dismiss this bogus impeachment for lack of prosecution.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a California Democrat, said she is withholding the articles from the Senate until Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, agrees to hear testimony from a list of Trump administration officials named by Democrats.

McConnell wants the Senate to follow the rules agreed to during the 1999 impeachment trial of President Bill Clinton. Senators back then agreed unanimously to hear from the prosecutors and the defense and to consider witness testimony later on.

Democrats have rejected that proposal and have argued the Senate must hear testimony from Michael Duffey, the associate director of national security programs at the Office of Management and Budget, among others. Duffy, according to unredacted emails viewed by liberal organization Just Security, told the Pentagon on Aug. 30 the delay in security aid to Ukraine was a “clear direction” from Trump.

But Hawley and other Republicans believe House Democrats are looking for a way to extend the investigation into the president beyond the House impeachment proceedings, which ended with Democrats passing impeachment articles accusing Trump of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

Hawley said his measure to dismiss the charges “will expose Dems’ circus for what it is: a fake impeachment, abuse of the Constitution, based on no evidence.”

Hawley tweeted: “If Dems won’t proceed with trial, bogus articles should be dismissed and @realDonaldTrump fully cleared.”

The Senate reconvenes on Friday.

------------

Finally a Republican that realizes that immediately killing this shampeachment takes away the #1 talking point of the party of INFANTICIDE for the 2020 election....Bet that will piss off Piglousy!!

Every guilty party makes a motion to dismiss the charges
Usually, they get laughed at

And innocent ones don't ?

Oops!
Yes, today's optics are today's and the wonderful thing about that is we know how the general public is taking it. We have a fairly good idea how the public is taking it and it does not seem that the republicans are losing anything in this exchange.

The problem is the House set the stage - this is a crime in progress, it is vital to nation that Trump be impeached, we cannot wait for the process, we cannot wait to get the evidence from the courts, we cannot wait for testimony....

And then they refuse to allow the process to continue. It simply does not make sense.

Forum List

Back