Separation of Chuch and State, even Jesus said so and Paul Ryan

The Freedom From Religion Foundation has put an end to the unconstitutional endorsement of religion at a Tennessee public high school.

It was recently reported by several community members to FFRF that Wayne County High School was broadcasting prayer over its public announcement system to students during the morning announcements. A video posted in the Tennessee River Valley News Facebook page on March 23 shows a student leading a prayer over the P.A. system with the caption, “How Fridays begin at Wayne County High School in Tennessee.”

She went on to pray:

“Good morning and let’s pray. Dear Heavenly Father, I just want to thank you for this day that you’ve given us, Lord. And Lord, I want to thank you for the protection that you continue to put over our school, God. And Lord, I just thank you for our teachers and our principals and every student that you have here, God. And let us just remember that you’re always with us and by our side throughout the schoolday, God. Dear Lord, I just ask you to let us be safe over spring break and come back safely back to school, God. I thank you for our country and I ask you to continue to keep us safe here, God, and let us just remember to make decisions that go towards you, Lord. And Lord, I thank you for your son who died on a cross for our sins, in Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

can you just imagine having to listen to this at a public school?
OMG a prayer said out loud what a disgrace, not.

Are the parents complaining at the PTA meetings?

The more the Christians push their Christianity on everyone and impose laws, the more others will become against it. Weird how that happens hey?

GOD

(did that make you wet your panties?)

And therein lies the problem. We do not run government by the bible, if we had laws according to the bible, Trump would be stoned in the OT and be blind in the NT.
We do not run government by the bible,

You're correct.

despite the chicken littles running around screaming the sky is falling every time someone mentions GOD

This is about the separation of Church and State, do you believe in it?

I believe Jefferson mentioned it in a letter to the Danbury Baptists, but it has nothing to do with the Constitution.

The Constitution states Congress shall make no laws respecting the establishment of religion.

2 separate issues

Now you are in my territory. Going to a Southern Baptist Church I read an article about Roger Williams,founder of the Baptist Faith.

He was a friend of Thomas Jefferson, they worked to make sure there was Seperation of Church and State.

I knew then the Southern Baptist Church had gone completely off the rails.

I now attend a Church that gives you, WWJD? Very simple,as I said.

The more the Christians push their Christianity on everyone and impose laws, the more others will become against it. Weird how that happens hey?
The other side does the same damn thing penelope
I get so tired of listening to disingenuous outrage
America needs to grow the fuck up

As soon as they quit making religious laws. Tell that to the Evans in Congress.
As soon as they quit making laws that suppress the right to express their religion freely. Tell that to the statist bedwetters in Congress.
----------------
Do you see how this works yet?

The laws I have seen come out of the USSC lately trample on others rights in the name of Religion.
Must be dreams. considering the USSC doesnt make laws ;)

Wrong, the USSC decides the laws!

Religious people are bad about that.
Non religious people are bad about forcing christians to act against their beliefs.
Weird how that works ey?

The basic question is: is it morally, ethically, and even spiritually correct to impose our own mores on people that (a) can be profoundly affected by them and (b) don’t share them? Do we have a right and (dare I even say) an obligation to say that my beliefs are more important than yours and therefore mine are the ones that stand? That as a Christian, my moral code is far superior to yours and this gives me the obligation to impose this on how you live your life?

As soon as they quit making laws that suppress the right to express their religion freely. Tell that to the statist bedwetters in Congress.
----------------

The laws I have seen come out of the USSC lately trample on others rights in the name of Religion.
Like the hobby lobby case
The Supreme Court Just Made A Big Ruling On Birth Control — Here's What You Need To Know

GOD

(did that make you wet your panties?)

And therein lies the problem. We do not run government by the bible, if we had laws according to the bible, Trump would be stoned in the OT and be blind in the NT.
We do not run government by the bible,

You're correct.

despite the chicken littles running around screaming the sky is falling every time someone mentions GOD

This is about the separation of Church and State, do you believe in it?

I believe Jefferson mentioned it in a letter to the Danbury Baptists, but it has nothing to do with the Constitution.

The Constitution states Congress shall make no laws respecting the establishment of religion.

2 separate issues

Baptist are still pro the Separation of Church and State. You do not believe in civil rights I take it.

Civil Rights?

What does that have to do with the fact Jefferson added a line to a letter, not a proclamation, not an Executive Order, not an edict, a single line, and some people have treated like the Golden Rule for almost 2 centuries?

----------------

You've seen laws come out of the USSC? Which ones?

Do you? The USSC has the last word on Laws!

Mark 12:17 New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)
17 So Jesus said to them, “Repay to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God.” They were utterly amazed at him.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Paul Ryan kicked the Jesuit Priest out of the House, because he said a prayer to keep the tax cuts fair.

I imagine now they will want some filthy rich evangelical like Kenneth Copeland or Pat Robertson, a prosperity preacher, to take his place.

Paul Ryan kicked the Jesuit Priest out of the House, because he said a prayer to keep the tax cuts fair.

I guess the priest didn't keep it separate.........

And Paul Ryan said he has to go, we shall get a prosperity preacher in here.

And Paul Ryan said he has to go

Gotta keep 'em separated.

----------------

You've seen laws come out of the USSC? Which ones?

Do you? The USSC has the last word on Laws!

Do you?

No, I've never seen the USSC make a law.

----------------

The Supreme Court Just Made A Big Ruling On Birth Control — Here's What You Need To Know
In return, that law was forcing religious people to go against their beliefs.
Do you understand YET?
Disingenuous bullshit.

The Freedom From Religion Foundation has put an end to the unconstitutional endorsement of religion at a Tennessee public high school.

It was recently reported by several community members to FFRF that Wayne County High School was broadcasting prayer over its public announcement system to students during the morning announcements. A video posted in the Tennessee River Valley News Facebook page on March 23 shows a student leading a prayer over the P.A. system with the caption, “How Fridays begin at Wayne County High School in Tennessee.”

She went on to pray:

“Good morning and let’s pray. Dear Heavenly Father, I just want to thank you for this day that you’ve given us, Lord. And Lord, I want to thank you for the protection that you continue to put over our school, God. And Lord, I just thank you for our teachers and our principals and every student that you have here, God. And let us just remember that you’re always with us and by our side throughout the schoolday, God. Dear Lord, I just ask you to let us be safe over spring break and come back safely back to school, God. I thank you for our country and I ask you to continue to keep us safe here, God, and let us just remember to make decisions that go towards you, Lord. And Lord, I thank you for your son who died on a cross for our sins, in Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

I'm surprised it didn't drive the students insane.

(seems to done so to the Freedom from Religion Foundation)

----------------

Hobby Lobby steals artifacts.

Hobby Lobby Agrees to Forfeit 5,500 Artifacts Smuggled Out of Iraq

She went on to pray:

"The Freedom From Religion Foundation has put an end to the unconstitutional endorsement of religion at a Tennessee public high school."

unconstitutional?

what part of the Constitution did it violate?

Trump administration narrows Affordable Care Act’s contraception mandate

Now they are trying to defund PP, not due to fed funds supplying abortions, but Title X programs. The US is taking aways rights to healthcare, soon will have

----------------

In return, that law was forcing religious people to go against their beliefs.
Do you understand YET?
Disingenuous bullshit.

A business owner should not put his religious beliefs over his employees. Do you not understand this.

She went on to pray:

"The Freedom From Religion Foundation has put an end to the unconstitutional endorsement of religion at a Tennessee public high school."

unconstitutional?

It violated freedom of religion. Is it now against the law to be an atheist??

Here is Jesus again:

Matthew 6:6 New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)
6 But when you pray, go to your inner room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will repay you.

She went on to pray:

unconstitutional?

It violated freedom of religion. Is it now against the law to be an atheist??

no, stopping him was a violation of religion.

Is atheism a religion now?

I never asked you to. I made it clear that works for me.

No ... You asserted I was somehow wrong and that you offered possibly a better solution as far as what I should do.
To wit I responded ... I don't really care who you think you are, nor what you think is the appropriate means by which I interpret what I should do.

What you think about God is between you and God ... :dunno:
What I think about you is not what I think about God, nor what God thinks about you.

You may be important to God ... But you are not more important to me than God.
I am certainly not going to think I speak for God.
Nor would I represent myself as having the divine providence to judge whether or not you are doing as He wishes.

I have no need nor use for your direction ... I choose to defer all of my questions and decisions to a higher authority than you ... :thup:

Last edited:

----------------

Hobby Lobby steals artifacts.

Hobby Lobby Agrees to Forfeit 5,500 Artifacts Smuggled Out of Iraq

Stealing is ok.

----------------

ACA in of its self is anti American and is a disgusting affront to the liberty of a free society forcing others to pay for your personal needs. If you Gates and the Rockefeller or whoever else wants to have Plan Parenthood stay alive then y'all can pay for it outta your own pockets. If you don't like the policy or personal beliefs of an employer simply don't go to work for that employer or better yet open a business of you own and become that employers you despise competition.

Forum List

Back