Separation of Chuch and State, even Jesus said so and Paul Ryan

what beliefs have they forced on you?

Go to church if you need a preaching. None I shut it off.

Haven't been to church, with the exception of weddings, funerals, and christenings in about 55 years.

Unlike you, I believe in Freedom of Speech and Religion.

Me too. I also believe in civil rights. So now why was that priest let go???

So now why was that priest let go???

Good question

No one seems to be able to come up with a concrete reason.

House chaplain forced out by Ryan
“Some of the more conservative evangelical Republicans didn't like that the Father had invited a Muslim person to give the opening prayer,” the source said.

I guess the conservative evans don't believe in freedom of religion, do they?

do jews, catholics, muslims, atheists, etc?

(especially atheists)

It is always amazing that people don't 'get' the intelligent, penetrating metaphorical, and often ironic, sense to Jesus' words. 'God' would have to be the source of all and everything. All would be due to 'God', and due 'God'. What could a human possess that was not, ultimately, owed to 'God'? A coin with an image on it is still part of what would be 'God's' creation. Jesus side stepped an obvious attempt to trap him with words and instead trapped the trappers.
So you do not believe in the separation of church and state and suggest we become a theology government, like Saudi Arabia?

Ryan told the preacher he shouldn't get into politics. Let us pray that the rich evangelical that replaces him avoids taking sides and sticks to forcing Christianity on everyone by praying out loud.

How did he get into politics, by saying the tax cut should be fair??

Yes, that's House business, not his

Haven't been to church, with the exception of weddings, funerals, and christenings in about 55 years.

Good question

“Some of the more conservative evangelical Republicans didn't like that the Father had invited a Muslim person to give the opening prayer,” the source said.

(especially atheists)

So you think the house and senate are only made up of Christians, think again.
Religious makeup of 115th Congress

Ryan told the preacher he shouldn't get into politics. Let us pray that the rich evangelical that replaces him avoids taking sides and sticks to forcing Christianity on everyone by praying out loud.

All he said is it should be fair, and to be frank that is what pissed the Evans off.

Good question

(especially atheists)

Have you ever considered taking a course in reading comprehension?

I didn't even HINT at that.

So lets see this prayer pissed them off, or letting a Muslim preacher do the opening prayer pissed them off, by them the Evans.

""May all Members be mindful that the institutions and structures of our great Nation guarantee the opportunities that have allowed some to achieve great success, while others continue to struggle," Conroy said at the time. "May their efforts these days guarantee that there are not winners and losers under new tax laws, but benefits balanced and shared by all Americans."

Truth is hard to hear by some.

All he said is it should be fair, and to be frank that is what pissed the Evans off.

what is it you dont' understand about 'not his job'?

Good question

(especially atheists)

I think you did, after all it was a Muslim he let give an opening prayer, which pissed the Evans off. Interfaith is quite common in the US now and we have an interfaith congress, and I bet there are some atheists as well, but they won't admit it.

There is a fine line between what is political and if that prayer was too political for the Evans, I suggest no preacher take his place.

separation of church and state?

Why do they have someone opening each session in the House and Senate with a prayer?

Shouldn't that be banned?

And "In God We Trust" on coins etc.

Yes, the problem is these people are fanatical and push for their religion everywhere.

Good question

(especially atheists)

I think you did, after all it was a Muslim he let give an opening prayer, which pissed the Evans off. Interfaith is quite common in the US now and we have an interfaith congress, and I bet there are some atheists as well, but they won't admit it.

There is a fine line between what is political and if that prayer was too political for the Evans, I suggest no preacher take his place.

was he the first one?

seems there have been at least 2

one in 2012, one in 2014

separation of church and state?

Why do they have someone opening each session in the House and Senate with a prayer?

Shouldn't that be banned?

And "In God We Trust" on coins etc.

Yes, the problem is these people are fanatical and push for their religion everywhere.

Does that scare you?

If is does, you're welcome to send all that evil money to me, and just write checks

It is always amazing that people don't 'get' the intelligent, penetrating metaphorical, and often ironic, sense to Jesus' words. 'God' would have to be the source of all and everything. All would be due to 'God', and due 'God'. What could a human possess that was not, ultimately, owed to 'God'? A coin with an image on it is still part of what would be 'God's' creation. Jesus side stepped an obvious attempt to trap him with words and instead trapped the trappers.
So you do not believe in the separation of church and state and suggest we become a theology government, like Saudi Arabia?
Whew! Another incredible distortion of understanding. Look up the conditional in English.
Jesus believed in 'God'. Any believer would be the same. For any true believer of any religion, there can be no separation of anything from 'God' and the believer's religion. Religious fanatics were trying to catch Jesus out on a particularly sensitive debate of that epoch. He very astutely side stepped them. My post merely stated what I saw in that exchange. My post said nothing about separation of church and state.
When one religion can show convincing proof of its tenets to everyone at the same time, then people can vote what they want to do about that. Until then, any one religion has absolutely no place in directly acting in American policy and politics beyond availing itself of the First Amendment. Any U.S. collective support for any religion anywhere is, and should be, prohibited.

The GOP, mainly evangelicals love to force their beliefs on others, they love Paul and his words, Obey your masters.

Bingo.

And don't you say anything bad about Islam, or the Regressives will come after you with everything they've got.

Here is a summery of the breakdown. Democrats are more diverse.

Faith on the Hill

Among the 293 Republicans elected to serve in the new, 115th Congress, all but two identify as Christians; there are two Jewish Republicans – Lee Zeldin of New York and David Kustoff of Tennessee – who both serve in the House.

Democrats in Congress also are overwhelmingly Christian (80%), but there is more religious diversity on this side of the aisle. The 242 Democrats in Congress include 28 Jews, three Buddhists, three Hindus, two Muslims and one Unitarian Universalist – as well as the only member of Congress to describe herself as religiously unaffiliated, Rep. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz. In addition, all 10 members of Congress who decline to state their religious affiliation are Democrats.

The GOP, mainly evangelicals love to force their beliefs on others, they love Paul and his words, Obey your masters.

Bingo.

And don't you say anything bad about Islam, or the Regressives will come after you with everything they've got.

Replying to your comments would be going down to your level. I'm not going there.

Bingo.

Replying to your comments would be going down to your level. I'm not going there.
Yeah, the obvious is difficult to refute.

Here is a summery of the breakdown. Democrats are more diverse.

Faith on the Hill

Among the 293 Republicans elected to serve in the new, 115th Congress, all but two identify as Christians; there are two Jewish Republicans – Lee Zeldin of New York and David Kustoff of Tennessee – who both serve in the House.

Democrats in Congress also are overwhelmingly Christian (80%), but there is more religious diversity on this side of the aisle. The 242 Democrats in Congress include 28 Jews, three Buddhists, three Hindus, two Muslims and one Unitarian Universalist – as well as the only member of Congress to describe herself as religiously unaffiliated, Rep. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz. In addition, all 10 members of Congress who decline to state their religious affiliation are Democrats.

Which means what? It means those who aren't religious often feel it's in the interests of their career to pretend they are. Like Trump tries to do from time to time.

Bingo.

Baiting tactics huh?

Bingo.

Baiting tactics huh?
Whatever you'd like. It sure worked. As usual.

Forum List

Back